Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Ryanair discusion

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Where does it say that in the link you dropped?
    Do you think they could have made 250 million euro profit out of those airframes in the current conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Do you think they could have made 250 million euro profit out of those airframes in the current conditions?

I'm sure RA do want to get these Max aircraft into the fleet as soon as possible, and sell off some of the NG's or retire a lot of the more aged airframes..

I'm sure RA do want to get these Max aircraft into the fleet as soon as possible, and sell off some of the NG's or retire a lot of the more aged airframes..
    Without foregoing the 250 million compensation???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Without foregoing the 250 million compensation???

What?

Once the Max is signed over to Ryanair then that's that, they will be operational..no further compo..

What?

Once the Max is signed over to Ryanair then that's that, they will be operational..no further compo..
    You're trying to make a battle on shaky ground. A flight I've booked for later this month with Ryanair was cancelled. They're not flying much up until in to the third week of December. If the Maxes had been delivered earlier they wouldn't have got the comp. Yes, they'll want them next year but not this year
    I am happy to stand over my comment that it is an ill wind that blows no good and their misfortune with the Max was mitigated considerably by the grounding being coincidental to the pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Stop expressing outrage over your inference being queried.

This compensation is part of the contract signed years. Nothing to doo with the current global pandemic/recession. The article says nothing about FR “not wanting the deliveries”

I note the first sentence in your response which I take to be mod direction despite not being labelled as such and dispassionately respond to your subsequent contribution which is discussion of the topic in question and I leave it at that.
    Tenger wrote: »
    Nothing to doo with the current global pandemic/recession.
    I said "coincidental" not "causal".
    This compensation is part of the contract signed years.
    Whatever about the penalty clauses that were contained within the contract the compensation was negotiated as has been reported frequently with Ryanair management having been reported in the media as saying ""We're in active negotiations with Boeing for compensation on late deliveries.""
    The article says nothing about FR “not wanting the deliveries”
    That would be correct. So neither the article said it nor did I report Ryanair as having said it. If Ryanair had said they didn't want the deliveries they would have undermined their negotiation position and not secured such a high amount.

https://leehamnews.com/2020/11/09/pontifications-aircraft-prices-rents-plunge/
    Here are prices for lease at the moment and an estimation of the current purchase price of 737Maxes.

Ryanair 737-Maxes could potentially be cheaper than ever imagined.

I assume every Airline will have to write down the value of their fleet including Ryanair. Ryanair may be able to afford to recognise the true value of their existing fleet while others may not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I hope this isn't off-topic, but I have a query about Wizz.

I have noticed it mentioned more and more recently: fast growth / not as affected by COVID.

Does it have the same business model as Ryanair?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-02/ryanair-nears-deal-for-added-737-max-jets-in-boost-to-boeing

Bloomberg says additional planes will be ordered. May be announced tomorrow.

Ryanair could take nearly all Boeing's whitetails if it wanted and if the price was right and it would be awfully tempting for Boeing but they'd have practically no work then for component suppliers so I'd say Ryanair will stick with Max 200s.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boeing-737max-ryanair-idUSKBN28C223
    Reuters says it will be about 75 planes and mentions an Aviation photographer having taken a picture of a Boeing corporate jet arriving in Dublin.

https://twitter.com/Michaelkelly707/status/1333792669441540096

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/1334517071271632898/photo/1

The Airbuses will be all gone by 2026 and the fleet in summer will be up to 600.

Advertisement