Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,156 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

We are to go outside the county Stephen Molumphy of Waterford is go go forward for ratification as new Kerry manager.

.for the hurling

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Why would he resign when his contract is already up? What is there to resign from?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 King Power Fox

Would you consider 7 All Ireland's in 35 years a good return. Only Dublin have more and they got them in the last decade. Multiple winners spread out has to be better for the overall game.

• Advertisement

Read what I posted

''we still have to wait for Keane to resign or indicate he will not look for an extension or the CB indicate that they will not give him an extension''

To get the ball rolling the CB or Keane will have to make an indication on any possible extension. There is not going to be one but it still has to be publicly stated

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Two exciting semi finals in the Senior Hurling championship last weekend with Kilmoyley and St Brendan's coming through to meet in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

A pretty uninspired appointment imo. What has he done to get the job? I can see this as being another one season appointment and this time next year we'll be back to square one again.

I did read it, it should simple read:

''we still have to wait for Keane to indicate he will not look for an extension or the CB indicate that they will not give him an extension''

In essence we have to wait until he or the county boards indicate what is going to happen whether Keane indicate he is resigning/ not seeking an extension

Just because his term is up is automatic indication he is leaving the job

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Well it was 14 titles in the 35 years previous to that, I think our view of ourselves is till partly back there. Your last sentence makes sense, I was only looking at things from a selfish point of view and making a point on our own view of ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 King Power Fox

Coming from Limerick I agree on the selfishness as I would like a few more hurling titles. But hurling would be better if Wexford or Waterford or Clare or Dublin could pull one of.

Surely Jack O Connor won't come back. Has Liam Kerins boat sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Any truth in the rumor that Kerry over trained in the run up to the Tyrone match so as to not look too good going in to the final? Would explain all the cramping.....

Lots of things would, but doubt this is the one

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

Well, does this mean we're the second best team in Ireland and improve Keane's chances of being kept on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

As a non kerry person yes. Tyrone are a serious outfit who aren't given the credit they deserve and win against Kerry was no fluke. Can't see Jack O'Connor doing better than Keane. And Kerry only lost by a point.

Surely the beaten finalists are the 2nd best? Could make a case for 3rd since we lost the semi to the eventual winners I spose. Still, if it's not first it's worth fcuk all imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

Maybe next time we're offered a walkover we won't hesitate to accept it!

Ya Tyrone are a serious outfit, but they are a fairly old team at this stage. They will struggle to be there for longer than 1-2 years before going into transition. At this stage I take any Donkey instead of Keane. People forget that JoC started off the minor 5 in a row with the 2014 &2015 wins. For all of Jacks flaws he has won a few, he might be an ideal foil as part of a managment team with 1-2 players from the noughties. Look at the Lohan/Dooher partnership. Dublin may have tp go into transition as well, McCarthy, Cooper, Fitzsimon, Rock, McMennimin are all well into there 30's next year. Kilkenny, Byrne, Fenton Costello one of the Small's and Basquel are all in there late 20's. Donegal and Monoghan are all old teams. The door is wide open all we have to do is step up and through. First thing the next mangaer should do is drop Moran and Walsh.

Being close but no cigar was never the Kerry way. F@@k being second best with the panel that is out there. The door is open we need to go through and win a least 3-4 All Irelands before this decade ends and the players dissappear

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

That’s the second time I’ve seen you say Tyrone are an old team on this @Bass Reeves . Sorry, but you should check the match programme.

of the starting 15, the only men over 30 are Matty Donnelly and Peter Harte. There may be a few lads who are 30 on the panel but that’s the height of it.

Far from an old team, Darragh Canavan is 20, conor McKenna, mccurry, McShane, Bradley, Burns, Kennedy, kilpatrick, O’Neill, McDonnell, none of them are 28 yet and I’ve missed many more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Donegal have a huge amount of youth as well even if their top men are getting on now.

Lads, I've said it before and I see no reason to change. We wont come within an asses roar of an all Ireland until our shambles of a defensive set up is sorted. Lots of lads who are still too light and no visible structure that works against the top sides.

Tyrone gave an exhibition of how to attack with a solid defensive structure in the semi final and final. It was also an exhibition on coaching after being embarrassed in Killarney. I read earlier that they only conceded 1 goal since that game. Phenomenal stuff and what we wouldnt do for someone to coach our defence like that.

Logan and Dooher have done an exceptional job.

Ya Lohan and Dooher did a great job. But let's not over egg the pudding. Kerry lost because they failed to take there points in the first half. I am not sure where this brainfarting about us needing goals to win matches started but the management bought into this and put it into the players head.

Yes we need a defensive system it not rocket science. We need a few defenders to hold there position during a match not be galloping up field especially your CB and FB. We need to pick the best team and not be trying to reward players by giving them all Ireland medals on the field.

Slava Ukrainii

Guess that's Peter Keane gone then. Quite a strange statement to release

Kerry GAA Statement

The process of appointing the next Kerry Senior Football Manager has commenced.

The Kerry GAA Management Committee has appointed the following sub-committee who will revert with a recommendation at the earliest opportunity.

Tim Murphy (Chairperson)

Eamon Whelan (Vice Chairperson)

Peter Twiss (Secretary)

John O’ Leary (Munster Council Delegate)

Donal Daly (Kerry Games Manager)

No further comment will be made until this process has concluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

No mention of Keane in the statement. Embarrassing.

Well at least we have started to move on

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

There's talk of a Seamus Moynihan Donie Buckley double ticket on the cards aswell, not sure how I feel about that one yet, hopefully the decision is made one way or another sooner rather then later.

Load of BS, he had an opportunity to resign over the last three weeks and walk away. He and the management team choose not to. The County Boards has chosen to move on. Maybe he is still in the frame but the Kerry footballing public would not start for his reappointment

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭siblers

They really could have made it clearer what the story with Keane is. Be Fairly odd if he had to re-apply for the role

Post edited by siblers on

Advertisement