Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Yeah I think I’m going to do one just to help settle the nerves and hopefully it helps me do good at AC and get a good merit list number hopefully!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    I am booked on to a class, £200 does seem expensive but if it helps get me higher up the merit list then its worth it for me. I know most of us could do it without their help but I think it will help with nerves etc for me knowing what is to be expected.

150 I paid . Although 200 is steep it is worth every penny, they took my fail in the last campaign to a fast track in the 1810 campaign

Nb1234 wrote: »
    150 I paid . Although 200 is steep it is worth every penny, they took my fail in the last campaign to a fast track in the 1810 campaign

Does the fast track just speed up going through the PSNI stages?

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    Does the fast track just speed up going through the PSNI stages?

Yeah, speeds everything up just

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

The course is absolutely not needed to get into the higher ML band so if it’s a little steep don’t worry about it.
    I didn’t do it and was in the sub 300 bracket.

Wouldn’t do any harm going but the core competencies and structure to the AC are changing this year

• Advertisement

Newbieee wrote: »
    The course is absolutely not needed to get into the higher ML band so if it’s a little steep don’t worry about it.
    I didn’t do it and was in the sub 300 bracket.

Wouldn’t do any harm going but the core competencies and structure to the AC are changing this year

I agree 100% , you can get into the higher ML without it, but for me it really helped

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Nb1234 wrote: »

Have you been through GV etc and serving in the psni?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rhino100

Does the coaching help much?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

That’s me booked in for the coaching a week before my AC date. Keeps it fresh in my head for the big day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Has anyone received any information about the day in terms of a welcome pack at all? previously when it was a shopping centre role play they would issue a starter pack with some information about the centres various policies such as harassment and equal opportunities...stuff like that that you could learn in advance to help with the role play scenarios.I have my AC next week but there is no information like this with any of my emails.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Has anyone received any information about the day in terms of a welcome pack at all? previously when it was a shopping centre role play they would issue a starter pack with some information about the centres various policies such as harassment and equal opportunities...stuff like that that you could learn in advance to help with the role play scenarios.I have my AC next week but there is no information like this with any of my emails.

I don't think there is anything like that sent out to you, youl get information on the day when you arrive

You are playing the role of a police officer in Rossgall police station, that's all that has been given.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Again you don't need to revise or learn anything, just go about how you would want police to go about it if they were dealing with your granny

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

Has anyone here completed the first few assessment centres courses for this year? If so how did they find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Xxx1234 wrote: »
    Has anyone here completed the first few assessment centres courses for this year? If so how did they find them?

Yes I would also be interested in finding out how they went if anyone has attended thanks.

The course is good, first half of the day is learning the CVF which you should already be doing. The 2nd half is practical which is probably the most beneficial in prepping for A/C. 1200 roughly pass A/C with only a very small number actually attending course. They aren't teaching anything you don't already know but anyone that attends should find it helpful

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    The course is good, first half of the day is learning the CVF which you should already be doing. The 2nd half is practical which is probably the most beneficial in prepping for A/C. 1200 roughly pass A/C with only a very small number actually attending course. They aren't teaching anything you don't already know but anyone that attends should find it helpful

Of the 1200 that pass the A/C how many would of attended it?

Wouldn't have a notion, but out of the 2000 odd people who get to a/c, aprox 5-8% only go to the class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

For the 1810 campaign 2433 got to the AC stage with only 1550 actually attending and 1053 passed

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bafta12

How is everyone feeling? I passed 1710 AC and all stages but got let down at the last hurdle (vetting). I didn’t do any studying for 1710 AC and passed in top500. This time I am studying competency’s and remembering what I did last time. If anyone has any Q’s feel free to ask as I’ve been through the whole process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Bafta12 wrote: »
    How is everyone feeling? I passed 1710 AC and all stages but got let down at the last hurdle (vetting). I didn’t do any studying for 1710 AC and passed in top500. This time I am studying competency’s and remembering what I did last time. If anyone has any Q’s feel free to ask as I’ve been through the whole process.

What happened with your vetting, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bafta12

MrChew wrote: »
    What happened with your vetting, if you don't mind me asking?[/quote

I will send you a message.

Bafta12 wrote: »
    What happened with your vetting, if you don't mind me asking?[/quote

I will send you a message.

*thumbs up emoji*

Anyone know roughly how much earlier the Fast tracked people receive their email to continue with the process?

Anyone know roughly how much earlier the Fast tracked people receive their email to continue with the process?

For 1810 AC results were issued in May 2019 with 2 sets of fast track emails going out in March and April 2019.

NornIron74 wrote: »
    For 1810 AC results were issued in May 2019 with 2 sets of fast track emails going out in March and April 2019.

And what was the date of the actual assessment centre?

And what was the date of the actual assessment centre?

ACs were between January and March 2019, first set of fast track emails were out before all ACs had been done.

Anyone else done the AC yet? Had mine yesterday

Anyone else done the AC yet? Had mine yesterday

Not got mine for another few weeks.

How was it?

• Advertisement

Not got mine for another few weeks.

How was it?

Not too bad actually. Can’t give out much info but it wasn’t as terrifying as I thought it would be. Apply common sense and make good notes. Although not sure how well I did

Advertisement