Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Geek Alert: Loot Crates

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

twinsen wrote: »
    Can I ask why you guys are buying all this garbage?

Yeah, i find it really weird that buying a random selection of crap swag-bag freebies that were left over from various conventions is considered a "bargain".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Yeah, i find it really weird that buying a random selection of crap swag-bag freebies that were left over from various conventions is considered a "bargain".

I think the original "bargain" was the fact that there was a deal on a 3 or 6 month subscription.

Personally, if I had more disposable income, I'd probably still be subscribed. Sure, most of it is complete tat, but I got 4 t-shirts out of my 6 month subscription, a copy of a book I wanted, 2 or 3 nice items that I have displayed at home and a few "this thing is cool to play with for a day or two" type items.

I think most of the attraction is that you don't know what you'll get. Sort of like buying scratch tickets or playing the lotto, for the vast majority of the time you'll get bugger all, but then on one occasion you'll get something really cool that justifies the entire endeavour. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I get more pleasure out of Ashens videos bitching about them than I would out of a free subscription. It really is just a way to get rid of surplus convention stuff. Those big head models of characters from Breaking Bad/Star Wars etc that they have in every bag are a complete mystery to me, Forbidden Planet is stacked to the rafters with them for 20 quid a pop so people must be buying them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Thargor wrote: »
    It really is just a way to get rid of surplus convention stuff.

The best stuff is the convention stuff - but most of the things in the box lately seem to be special loot crate branded "exclusive" which somehow seems less genuine to me.

Ashen is funny allright and I have no idea the attraction of those big heads either.

The attraction though is the wrapped present/lucky bag element to it.

I was gifted two crates last year - and the stuff was very cool (decent books, tshirts, electronic thingys) - these half priced three months, not so impressive...

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    The best stuff is the convention stuff - but most of the things in the box lately seem to be special loot crate branded "exclusive" which somehow seems less genuine to me.

Ashen is funny allright and I have no idea the attraction of those big heads either.

The attraction though is the wrapped present/lucky bag element to it.

I was gifted two crates last year - and the stuff was very cool (decent books, tshirts, electronic thingys) - these half priced three months, not so impressive...

I always hated the stuff that had lootcrate logos on it. One in particular that comes to mind is the deck of "Super Fight!" cards. They were cheering from the rooftops "THIS IS A SPECIAL LOOT CRATE EXCLUSIVE DECK!". Who cares? I'd have been just as happy, if not happier, with a regular deck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

After cancelling my Geekfuel subscription, they still ended up sending me December's crate (for free) :D

Particularly like the t-shirt, loved the last t-shirt from these guys too.

bIyEE7T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭questionmark

nerd block
    50% off until Monday November 30th at 11:59 PM EST.
    use promo code BLOCKFRIDAY

if your new to nerdblock and sign up via this link <SNIP> i get 5 dollars of my next block so i would appreciate it , or you get just use the normal link here https://www.nerdblock.com/

loot crate
    use promo code BOX5 for 5 dollars of a one month subscription
    use promo code BOXSW for 10 dollars off the special star wars box
    use promo code BOX5 for a 3 or more month subscription get 5 dollars off and a free months level up
    promo code LVL for 5 dollars off level up

all codes have to be used before the 01/01/16

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anybody get Decembers crate yet caus I haven't.

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Anybody get Decembers crate yet caus I haven't.

Just got mine now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Got the email to say it's in Dublin so should have it later today hopefully, tomorrow at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For whatever reason the crates get stuck in customs for so long.

Mine would arrive in Ireland nearly two weeks before it would be delivered to me.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Got the email to say it's in Dublin so should have it later today hopefully, tomorrow at the latest.

You get an email from who, Lootcrate?

I never get any email letting me know anything like that :confused:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You get an email from who, Lootcrate?

I never get any email letting me know anything like that :confused:
    Parcelmotel :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Got mine yesterday, not a bad crate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is there a site that shows all the contents of the various crates in an easy viewable format?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Skerries wrote: »
    is there a site that shows all the contents of the various crates in an easy viewable format?

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2015/12/loot-crate-subscription-box-review-coupon-december-2015.html

From Ashens video, Decembers looked pretty bad. I don't like the Funko Pop things, and the only other thing of value seemed to be the tin. I mean, when the best thing you get in a box is another box, things are tough. :pac:

I liked it and my other 2 friends who got it were happy with it too.

I didn't think it was overly brilliant either, the T-Shirt was actually pretty poor, would have much preferred the one posted on the previous page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I see this months theme is DEAD with Deadpool and Walking Dead items, Im tempted does anyone have any discount codes or the like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

cw67irl wrote: »
    I see this months theme is DEAD with Deadpool and Walking Dead items, Im tempted does anyone have any discount codes or the like?

CARLIN should give you 10% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has the January crate arrived for those who ordered it?

I havnt recieved Januarys yet but when i contacted the support on friday, i was basically just fobbed off. Think i may cancel after this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I see they have added yet another seperate crate this time a bimonthly firefly one.

I think they have lost sight of what they originally set out to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Has the January crate arrived for those who ordered it?

Got mine last week

Januarys not here yet and have already been billed for Februarys.

Thats not on like. Gonna have to demand a replacement now.

Crate came today, box smashed to bits with a hole in it.

Contents feel like they have been in a puddle for a week, absolutely soaked (tshirt included).

Everything was fine up until 2 or 3 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Crate came today, box smashed to bits with a hole in it.

Contents feel like they have been in a puddle for a week, absolutely soaked (tshirt included).

Everything was fine up until 2 or 3 months ago.

I'd take photos & email them.

Mine arrived today, box in perfect condition.

I'd take photos & email them.

Mine arrived today, box in perfect condition.

Just logged on and cancelled my subscription. Not worth the hassle any more.

Got mine today, pretty decent crate in my eyes.

Multipass :D

• Advertisement

Double post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got my first create today, the Feb one, liked it more than I expected to! The qfig is pretty awesome looking! Also came way earlier than I was expecting, as from here I wasn't expecting it till around the 10th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Mine arrived today, first one as well. Picked it up before work so only had a chance to take a quick look. T-Shirt is pretty cool and the Q-Fig looked good as well. The rest of the stuff is a bit meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not sure if it's ok to discuss the contents here, as some people may not have gotten them yet, so:
    The little Walking Dead 'flat pack' figure was alright too, got the zombie one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Star Lord wrote: »
    Not sure if it's ok to discuss the contents here, as some people may not have gotten them yet, so:
    The little Walking Dead 'flat pack' figure was alright too, got the zombie one myself.
    Didn't open that yet. The other thing I got was a Soap on a Rope of Darrells Walkers ears and there was a booklet in the bottom I haven't looked at yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Quick question, didn't have any real luck with searching boards, anyone had to deal with Customs looking for their cut lately with their crate?

Star Lord wrote: »
    Not sure if it's ok to discuss the contents here, as some people may not have gotten them yet]

Yeh hush up, mime won't be in my hands til tomorrow ha.

Oh and never had an issue with customs. Shouldn't either as it should be below the minimum value.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Yeh hush up, mime won't be in my hands til tomorrow ha.

Oh and never had an issue with customs. Shouldn't either as it should be below the minimum value.

Have been getting them since Nov'15. This is the first one to get detained.
    Just wondering what I should show them in regards to cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Anybody still waiting for their crate? February is my first month and the tracking tells me it has been in the country since the 2nd!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mefistos

Anybody still waiting for their crate? February is my first month and the tracking tells me it has been in the country since the 2nd!!

yup still waiting on mine... last tracking update is:

03/03/2016 21:15 Arrival in destination country

:( also my first crate...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

mefistos wrote: »

It might be stuck in customs. I ordered a t short from loot gifts and the same happened. If shoot them an email an they might be able to tell you where it is :)

Upon closer inspection my last tracking update was the same as yours, not the 2nd! I'm guessing customs don't want us geeks getting our crap!

jabberwock wrote: »
    Quick question, didn't have any real luck with searching boards, anyone had to deal with Customs looking for their cut lately with their crate?
    jabberwock wrote: »
    Have been getting them since Nov'15. This is the first one to get detained.
    Just wondering what I should show them in regards to cost.

Loot Crate got back to me with this:
    If you want to pay the fee, you can send us a photo of the receipt and we can credit your account or give you a refund for it.
    If you want to refuse, we can try to send a replacement, but that may also encounter the same issue.
    Lastly, we can just refund you if you don’t want to pay the fee or be sent a replacement.

This shouldn't be happening at all, and we will investigate.

The Feb Loot crate arrived today resealed with the customs tape.
    The box itself was larger than normal since of the contents but that still doesn't explain why it got singled out.

I have it sent to my work address which has 20-30 other people that receive them monthly. None that I had talked to had problems. Maybe they were just testing it because so many come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mefistos

Upon closer inspection my last tracking update was the same as yours, not the 2nd! I'm guessing customs don't want us geeks getting our crap!

Got mine today... :)

Got mine today... :)

Got excited when I saw this, rang home, still no sign of mine :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

These worth it in people opinion? Debating whether to sign up last couple of months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

They sent out an email today with gift offers theres a Doc Brown Funko that caught my eye does anyone have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Is it actually worth signing up for these? I don't know anyone who has, so would be interested in your opinions please.

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Is it actually worth signing up for these? I don't know anyone who has, so would be interested in your opinions please.

Take a look through past crates and see if you like: https://www.lootcrate.com/past_crates

Also plenty of unboxings on YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Any good deals, vouchers or codes on Lootcrate or similar this year?

I like to get a couple for Christmas presents... ta.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement