Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geek Alert: Loot Crates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah still waiting myself. Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Without giving anything away, are the people who received their crates happy with their contents?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Got my crate this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Akrasia wrote: »
    Without giving anything away, are the people who received their crates happy with their contents?

Yeah its good.. Only a bitta fun anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Akrasia wrote: »

Not really to be honest but loved the tshirt. First time doing it though, we'll give it another few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Box contents a waste of money but surprise element makes it worthwhile, will see if next month any better:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Wasnt too impressed to be honest, didnt like the tshirt, or else i dont get it.. looking at past ones online this one seems poor to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

At least its not as bad as the infamous boffer bag of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I was fairly happy with what was in the box.
    I love the t shirt and the book is hilarious. Also thumbs up for the awesome comic with the limited edition cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

TBH - I though it was a bit naff based on previous crates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

tbf they cant all be awesome crates some are going to be better then others

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

dunworth1 wrote: »
    tbf they cant all be awesome crates some are going to be better then others
    Yep - true enough, but I thought they would had a lot of options given it's Halloween, and I had expected this one to be above par....
    It's not terrible - just I though it would have been better....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

First one was alright, not superb. My god, do kids eat those sour sweets daily??

I guess Ill have to play DR3 now though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

keithgeo wrote: »
    Wasnt too impressed to be honest, didnt like the tshirt, or else i dont get it.. looking at past ones online this one seems poor to me.

Even though the contents aren't fully my bag, I'm happy enough with it.

Not pushed on the shirt and haven't seen any of the Sharknado films so the book's not for me but as a product (the lootcrate) that is aimed at geeks and gamers, who have broad taste, I think it's good enough. I read the Walking Dead so I'm happy with the variant cover (even though I bought that issue last week!).

I'll wait and see what the theme is for November before subscribing but I think I'll definitely go for the Christmas one, assuming of course that the theme will be Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nick_1494

Is anybody else still waiting?

Also for those who received it was it by courier or an post?

Trying to avoid all the spoilers is getting hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Im still waiting. Tracking number not working.

Pingi wrote: »
    Im still waiting. Tracking number not working.

If you look on there twitter there's a new tracking link. DHL global tracking I think. It's not much use though, mine's been the same since the 22nd and still says it's in CA.

The tracking only works as far as the california sorting center after that it can take up to 10 days before you will get your loot crate.

My loot crate left california on the 13th and I got it on the 21st for instance.

The later you order the crate the later is is sent from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelynchs

Still have not received mine, but i only signed up on the 26th of september on the monthly drip, so i presume i'll be at the back of the que. Tracking link not working either. I'm sure it will turn up eventually !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tails142

Wasn't that impressed with this one, will probably throw everything out except
    the pen and the t shirt when the next one comes. The t-shirt is pretty poor quality too so doubt it will survive too many washes before the print goes.

Signed up for 6 months so they still have time to impress me :-)

• Advertisement

Tails142 wrote: »
    Wasn't that impressed with this one, will probably throw everything out except
    the pen and the t shirt when the next one comes. The t-shirt is pretty poor quality too so doubt it will survive too many washes before the print goes.

Signed up for 6 months so they still have time to impress me :-)

I guess I am more of a geek than most people here :(
    I love the comic and the book as much as the t shirt and the pen!

I found the t shirt to be alright quality to be honest the print seems well done and the t shirt itself is 100% cotton. I haven't washed it yet though and am worried it will shrink a little due to being 100% cotton.

Well looks like I won't be getting mine til at the earliest Tuesday. I'm not really as bothered though, a friend posted a picture of their open crate on facebook so it won't be a surprise now! TBH could be better. Some silent hill or even supernatural stuff would have been nice.

thelynchs wrote: »
    Still have not received mine, but i only signed up on the 26th of september on the monthly drip, so i presume i'll be at the back of the que. Tracking link not working either. I'm sure it will turn up eventually !

Have you gotten yours yet? Once I saw DHL I should have known :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Very happy with this crate
    Big Walking Dead fan, collect the volumes rather than the issues, but happy to add this to my collection :)

T-shirt and pen are really cool, no complaints about the quality

Ours came by post and we were one of the first on here to get it. Strange how some are delayed by so much.

Frog Song wrote: »
    Ours came by post and we were one of the first on here to get it. Strange how some are delayed by so much.

By An Post?

Nick_1494 wrote: »
    By An Post?

Yes.

Frog Song wrote: »
    Yes.

Thanks thats handy to know :) i'll keep an eye out for the postman in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelynchs

Nick_1494 wrote: »
    Have you gotten yours yet? Once I saw DHL I should have known :rolleyes:

Sorry for delay - Postman delivered mine Tuesday morning.....Hammered the door down infact, so if you're within a 5 mile radius of your house you'll hear him...lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

haven't gotten mine yet mine was posted on the 19th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement