Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geek Alert: Loot Crates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

The wallet is actually really really cool. I have used the material it is made out of before for important documents (tyvek) and it will last forever. I foresee using it for a long time.

Try rip one of the tyvek inserts in the credit card pockets, you won't be able too!

I watched a video where one of the wallets was able to hold the weight of a 70kg man!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hesitantly I tried tearing it, but you're right, not a scratch, I learnt something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I thought it was a really think poster kinda thing until I took it out and realised it was a wallet. I thought it would be pretty badly made too from the feeling of the material, didn't think it would hold up to why wear and tear at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning too, wasnt amazed by it at all. May look into nerdblock instead of this.

Having tried both, I would suggest nerd block. It gave a great variety of things and I haven't been disappointed yet as there's at least one thing I enjoy.

I found Decembers block ok. But not great IMO. I have no use for the simpsons item as I find it more geared towards men. And the ghostbusters thing and the captain America thing were just sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

The wallet is pretty cool, but it smells a bit funny :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Mine's at home...

I cancelled my subscription this afternoon. I did enjoy getting these this past 3 months but I regularly pass up stuff I would like to get so it's hard to justify spending so much on a mystery box each month.

I didn't cancel in time to miss the Rewind box but word on the street is that it will have
    an exclusive cover for the new Marvel Star Wars comic. For Star Wars fans that don't know, Marvel Comics are publishing a new Star Wars comic (because Disney own Star Wars and Marvel Comics, handy that). They are aiming to sell 1million copies and to help with that, they are selling 60+ different copies of the comic with different covers. Full list here:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/11/all-the-star-wars-1-variant-covers-we-can-find-in-one-place-45-so-far-42-pictured-including-stan-sakai/

In truth I "accidentally" missed cancelling it in time :)

I cancelled yesterday because i decided to get the build the millenium falcon magazine instead, but would have liked that
    star wars comic
    , when was the cut for that? will i get that if i only cancelled yesterday?

To be honest, i thought this months crate was great, way better than the previous 3 i got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Lau2976 wrote: »
    Having tried both, I would suggest nerd block. It gave a great variety of things and I haven't been disappointed yet as there's at least one thing I enjoy.

I found Decembers block ok. But not great IMO. I have no use for the simpsons item as I find it more geared towards men. And the ghostbusters thing and the captain America thing were just sad.

I took a look at nerdblock yesterday and I like the look of the Arcade Block. I couldn't see the shipping price so I went through it for the 3 month sub.
    It's $17.99 for 3 months, so 3 X 17.99 = 53.97, but the shipping turns out to be $37.50 so in total £91.47 - almost €77 for 3 months so for me that's a bit too much.
    Is there a cheaper way of getting Nerdblock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

keithgeo wrote: »
    I cancelled yesterday because i decided to get the build the millenium falcon magazine instead, but would have liked that
    star wars comic

To be honest, i thought this months crate was great, way better than the previous 3 i got.

When I logged in to cancel it said that my next renewal was 2nd February so I'd say that we were charged for January's on the 2nd of this month and that we should expect the Rewind box as normal.
    The comic will be available in Forbidden Planet if it's just that book you're looking for. Comic nerd that I am I'll be getting the regular cover but will want the exclusive loot crate cover as well.

Yeah I thought this month's was great. Those vinyl models are pretty popular so an exclusive one was a nice inclusion. What in really liked was that month's subscription for crunchyroll. I'd not heard of it before yesterday but it's got 20 episodes of Attack on Titan to watch so I'm very happy with it.

star wars comic

Yeah they took payment for next months crate from me on the 30th so you should get next months if you only just canceled. Check your bank statement though.
    deadl0ck wrote: »
    I took a look at nerdblock yesterday and I like the look of the Arcade Block. I couldn't see the shipping price so I went through it for the 3 month sub.
    It's $17.99 for 3 months, so 3 X 17.99 = 53.97, but the shipping turns out to be $37.50 so in total £91.47 - almost €77 for 3 months so for me that's a bit too much.

Lootcrate works out around the same price. The last payment was 25.50 euro for next months crate.
    When I logged in to cancel it said that my next renewal was 2nd February so I'd say that we were charged for January's on the 2nd of this month and that we should expect the Rewind box as normal.
    The comic will be available in Forbidden Planet if it's just that book you're looking for. Comic nerd that I am I'll be getting the regular cover but will want the exclusive loot crate cover as well.

Yeah I thought this month's was great. Those vinyl models are pretty popular so an exclusive one was a nice inclusion. What in really liked was that month's subscription for crunchyroll. I'd not heard of it before yesterday but it's got 20 episodes of Attack on Titan to watch so I'm very happy with it.

Crunchyroll is great but it's worth pointing out that the trial can be got elsewhere for free and in fact it is a referral code and lootcrate will get paid with each signup they receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

deadl0ck wrote: »

I too was put off Nerdblock because of the shipping costs.

That's the issue with all these services, shipping is costly :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

If anybody wants my crunchy roll subscription let me know and I'll pm it on.

DubDJ wrote: »
    If anybody wants my crunchy roll subscription let me know and I'll pm it on.

It's the same link for everyone

http://crunchyroll.com/lootcrate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Mines arrived too though i havent looked at it yet, im cancelling anyways as i signed up for that buildthemilleniumfalcon magazine that comes out every week, started this week and need the money for that instead!

i was thinking of getting that but it costs over a grand to finish building it and i'd probably quit with half left.

Jesus, I just looked that up. 2 years+ to build and over €1000?! That is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Pedro76

Yeah I noticed that, crazy money.

Just invest in the Lego version

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I have the lego one already, its a 1:1 scale model with the one used during film of empire strikes back. These sell for 3-5k and are hard to find. Plus ill build it with the kids so its worth the money to me, cancelling lootcrate pays most of the monthly cost anyways. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,858 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have the lego one already, its a 1:1 scale model with the one used during film of empire strikes back. These sell for 3-5k and are hard to find. Plus ill build it with the kids so its worth the money to me, cancelling lootcrate pays most of the monthly cost anyways. ;)

Picture of the Lego one please ? I've heard of them before but never saw one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

is the crate you just received the november or december crate?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Picture of the Lego one please ? I've heard of them before but never saw one :)

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,858 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mines bigger that yours :P

Ha there seriously cool though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marwys

There's a 10% off offer promoted on Facebook now for this.

"Use code Save10 to save 10%. See why Loot Crate is the most popular subscription box!"

Can't post images because I'm feckin "new user"

tinypic.com/r/20zp7ac/8

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

marwys wrote: »
    There's a 10% off offer promoted on Facebook now for this.

"Use code Save10 to save 10%. See why Loot Crate is the most popular subscription box!"

Can't post images because I'm feckin "new user"

tinypic.com/r/20zp7ac/8

They also have another discount offer on their website:
    JANUARY CRATES ARE HERE!
    USE CODE: SAVE3 TO SAVE: $3!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,244 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

donegal. wrote: »
    Irish link
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2814964/Trail/searchtext%3EMILLENIUM+FALCON.htm

€28.99

It's not actually lego though, it's just a plastic model and the reviews aren't great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

think i'll cancel mine stuff seems meh

i open it and go wow then the stuff sits in the box until i put them on a shelf to gather dust

Got my January crate this morning, pretty poor IMO bar the
    tshirt and tie

Time to cancel

no sign of mine yet. I did get a tracking e-mail with no reference number though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

no sign of mine yet. I did get a tracking e-mail with no reference number though...

same

• Advertisement

Got a phone all from home, mine has arrived.
    Also got a "I thought you said that the last one was your last one?" :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement