Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical weapon used on civilians in Syria + Airstrikes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

sorry, I dont understand what you mean. The 'left' dont have a vested interest in the arms industry, as far as I know.

And Russia doesn't have an arms industry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Gimme a break.

More of the "my missile is bigger than your missile" nonsense. Your handlers are going to be very dissappointed with your efforts tonight!

I think this tread is a bit too stressful for you...maybe you should take a rest.

Lie down in a quiet place breathe deeply and try to relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Does Russia have a crystal ball? How do they know that they are going to be hit with missiles?

They only way they would know is because it is them doing the attacking.

If anyone is staging false flag attacks it is Vlad. Would love to see how Russia would retaliate considering Russian equipment and crews are a load of crap.

Look at how many planes crashed when that hulk of a so-called carrier visited the Med.

Russian troops are stationed in around Damascus any attack with cruise missiles could kill Russian soldiers. Russia will not stand by and allow Nato to topple Assad.

Russia can match America with advanced aircraft, tanks and missiles. You have obviously never looked up what kind of military equipment Russia has?

I normally would not post this but I think important to dispel myths on here.

They have the most modern tank in the world.

Their fighters would match anything the Americas got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

And Russia doesn't have an arms industry?

so are you claiming that the USA are the 'right'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Don't want this to go into a military thing but America spends 10 times what Russia spends. Let that sink in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Russian troops are stationed in around Damascus any attack with cruise missiles could kill Russian soldiers. Russia will not stand by and allow Nato to topple Assad.

Russia can match America with advanced aircraft, tanks and missiles. You have obviously never looked up what kind of military equipment Russia has?

Not in service X

Not in service X

And America has Apache's gunships and Vipers

3rd generation stealth Actively flying in Syria

They also have very modern and battle proven tanks and fighting vehicles

That was a very short and disappointing game of Top Trumps

Myths dispelled ✓

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Their airplanes also routinely crash including tragically the one with the red army choir.
    They have one rusting diesel powered aircraft carrier against 20 nuclear powered American ones.
    No fifth generation fighters in active service.
    Cruise missiles which are erratic and prone to landing hundreds of miles off course. And so on and so forth.

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Don't want this to go into a military thing but America spends 10 times what Russia spends. Let that sink in.

A lot of that money goes to maintaining bases around the world and probably lot of money is stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

A lot of that money goes to maintaining bases around the world and probably lot of money is stolen.

Now I know your on a wind up. Fair play. Happy hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

The Americans are in no fit condition to fight at the moment...they still haven't recovered from all that green beer on Saint Fatties day.

• Advertisement

Their airplanes also routinely crash including tragically the one with the red army choir.
    They have one rusting diesel powered aircraft carrier against 20 nuclear powered American ones.
    No fifth generation fighters in active service.
    Cruise missiles which are erratic and prone to landing hundreds of miles off course. And so on and so forth.

11514%20-%20animated_gif%20charlton_heston%20laughing%20planet_of_the_apes%20reaction_image.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Does Russia have the capacity to deploy these beyond neighboring countries? It's kind of important.

Russia isn't a serious world power anymore. It's moved down the list due to China. It's been reduced to online trolling to project power. It's run like a feudalistic mafia state. If not for oil and gas, they have nothing to contribute. The monthly wage there is pitiful. Bribery is still a thing over there. It's basically a white Nigeria with nukes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Of course! It's definitely Gatling "promoting fake news" and not the brand new account ending in a string of random number that has seemingly just signed up so they can tell everyone that Syria is a false flag attack, glorious leader Putin is best leader and the western media is lying to you, but you should trust Sputnik News.

Mr Gatling has stated that American military forces were invited into Syria. Now if you would like to stand by that bit of fakery then go ahead. If you would like to distance yourself from such a lie then by all means step up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

PSML! Propaganda.

They have 2 fighters (that is 2 planes not 2 types of plane) that might stand a chance against a F22 and that is only if they can get the engines to work..

And why do these propaganda videos use a bad American robot voice?

Trump was Putin's preferred winner in the US presidential election, but beyond that they are rivals, pure and simple.

Can you explain how the Russians can determine who lives in the White House?

Assad, Gadaffi, Milosevic and Saddam. All beloved poster boys of the Irish hard left.
    They still lament the passing of Saddam and Gadaffi!

No, just the millions of innocents who have been needlessly butchered because the 4 men you mentioned were so dreadful that such a holocaust had to occur, or so we're supposed to believe.

Well who the fcuk else is going to step up? The Germans? French? Italians?

Thats right, no-one. The Europeans couldn't even end the Yugoslav Civil War in their own back yard. They are scared sh*tless of any kind of military action.
    As for the UN we know their record.

STEP UP?

The US STARTED the crisis in Syria. They unleashed and funded their ISIS bastards in an attempt to smash the country and install a pro-Washington stooge and now here you are saying that they are the only ones who can solve this mess?

Are you fcuking serious?

archer22 wrote: »
    Strange how Trump never hurled insults and threats at Netanyahu when he had hundreds of unarmed protesters shot recently...western media and politicians were very quiet about it also
    .Even though it was very real and no doubts about it.

No diplomats expelled either.

A couple allegedly poisoned in England and a diplomat is expelled without so much as an investigation.

Israeli government forces are filmed murdering civilians.....not "accused" of or "suspected" of..actually FILMED and not so much as an admonishment.

I guess I'm an anti-Semitic Putinbot for pointing this out.

You see this is what the debate has become. A game. The defenders of US/NATO know that "their" guys are a duplicitous bunch of murderers. They just don't want to admit it. It would force them to do a bit of self exploration. Maybe even admit that they allowed themselves to be fooled for so long. And it's a lot easier to double down than to grow a pair and stand on one's own two feet.

Chrongen wrote: »

A couple allegedly poisoned in England and a diplomat is expelled without so much as an investigation.

Israeli government forces are filmed murdering civilians.....not "accused" of or "suspected" of..actually FILMED and not so much as an admonishment.

You see this is what the debate has become. A game. The defenders of US/NATO know that "their" guys are a duplicitous bunch of murderers. They just don't want to admit it. It would force them to do a bit of self exploration. Maybe even admit that they allowed themselves to be fooled for so long. And it's a lot easier to double down than to grow a pair and stand on one's own two feet.

Hate America ✓
    It's all America fault✓
    Hate Israel✓
    Denial of anything russia✓
    Deflection of anything russia✓
    Deflection of anything assad✓
    Denial of anything assad✓

Just another late night rant ✓

It's frankly amazing that this anti-Russia rhetoric has gone from nonexistent a few years ago to equal to American society.

Not only are we segregating ourselves into echo chambers online, we now have well-meaning fools calling people out as Russian bots or sympathisers for not following the status quo.

I despise every single person who resorts to that BS. It's weak, cowardly and will ruin society. Debate the points or log off. Stop stifling people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Gatling wrote: »

Hate America ✓
    It's all America fault✓
    Hate Israel✓
    Denial of anything russia✓
    Deflection of anything russia✓
    Deflection of anything assad✓
    Denial of anything assad✓

Just another late night rant ✓

He's not wring though.

smurgen wrote: »
    He's not wring though.

Which is exactly why Gatling had to reply like that. Debating was impossible so defamation of character was used instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Debate the points or log off.

Which should be easy, but as you say, people are very factionalised.

And the reality is, there are actually very few "points" that can be debated.

The only information source for this attack is the jihadist group which has already agreed to leave the location and move north.

There is no verification of any kind.... this is a fact.

This jihadist group has claimed to be under chemical weapon attack repeatedly over the last couple of months.... this again, is a fact.

People should be very aware and very concerned over the West's sudden rush for war based simply on the word of some defeated islamists.

So someone attacked military base in Homs targeting apparently Iranian forces ,
    United states saying that they have not launched any attacks on Syria .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Trump needs to be skeptical of his intelligence services. Bush and Obama were hoodwinked into pointless wars by their enemies within. Trump needs to be the guy that says NO. Set the precedent for the next president. Really Make America Great Again.

Personally, I'd prefer for Trump not to engage in situations like this. The main reason, he's unreliable and dangerous. On the other hand, the world should not stand by as chemical weapons attacks occur.

So someone attacked military base in Homs targeting apparently Iranian forces ,
    United states saying that they have not launched any attacks on Syria .

The airfield in question is about halfway between Homs and Palmyra..... around 50kms from the Lebanon border.

Reports say 14 casualties.

Both the US & now France have denied involvement.
    Given its location, its right within range of the Israeli AF

The airfield in question is about halfway between Homs and Palmyra..... around 50kms from the Lebanon border.

Reports say 14 casualties.

Both the US & now France have denied involvement.
    Given its location, its right within range of the Israeli AF

That's what I was thinking ,
    It's the same base that they previously hit back in February if I'm correct

It's the same base that they previously hit bakc in February if I'm correct

Yes, it has been hit before.

And this just now....

https://twitter.com/BarzanSadiq/status/983241229487009792

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

An Israeli attack. It's a strange world where chemical attacks by jihadists on innocent civilians is used as an excuse by Israel, all to make Assad and co, enemy no. 1 again. Utterly disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Can you explain how the Russians can determine who lives in the White House?

Well it's not really related to the thread topic, but technically they can't. In practice, it's like it's always been: attempting to nudge events through use of propaganda. Take Russia Today, before the election all of its content was anti-Hilary Clinton, the day after the election it becomes anti-Trump. Fairly transparent.

Advertisement