Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Have been getting cut for weights since the strike ended. Anything over 450kg getting a 10 cent cut. Over 500kg (had one) a 20 cent cut.

At least you're getting them away. Anything out of spec is a hard sell at present. Is anyone shipping bulls?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,695 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

blue5000 wrote: »
    At least you're getting them away. Anything out of spec is a hard sell at present. Is anyone shipping bulls?

Ironic, but these are the best to keep track of live shipping. :D
    https://twitter.com/ethicalfarmIE

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

morphy87 wrote: »
    I thought they had to give notice of cuts?

They were cutting for overweight in the spring as well so I suppose they are not new cuts. Not going to start giving out anyway the way things are incase they wouldn’t bring any more. Have everything in off the land now at this stage so the pressure is off here a bit to get cattle away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭memorystick

According to the comic we have turned the corner. How much are they up since the start of September?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,063 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

According to the comic we have turned the corner. How much are they up since the start of September?

Angus Wood said that the price difference between heifers here and GB had gone from €30 in september to €100 now

• Advertisement

Only thing that’ll drive any bit of a rise now is if the kill drops under 30k and I can’t see that happening for a while.

Only thing that’ll drive any bit of a rise now is if the kill drops under 30k and I can’t see that happening for a while.

The ''wall ''of cattle is a huge problem, Is European price moving, good to see GB moving any way

Is the end of low prices in sight?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭1373

Looks like we’re the only country with a back log of cattle now unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I've had 3 calls since yesterday from dealers wondering if I have cull cows to sell. I doubt they're concerned about my well being, somehow.

• Advertisement

1373 wrote: »
    Looks like we’re the only country with a back log of cattle now unfortunately

We could be in control again March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

We could be in control again March.

Yup. With no cattle to kill :D

If I remember correctly this time last year it was the same craic. There’ll be no cattle to kill come the end of March was the story. Was talking to two agents before Christmas last year. Both asking how many was I feeding, the factories are worried about spring and summer.
    But The cattle just kept coming

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If I remember correctly this time last year it was the same craic. There’ll be no cattle to kill come the end of March was the story. Was talking to two agents before Christmas last year. Both asking how many was I feeding, the factories are worried about spring and summer.

If the factories changed to killing endangered Pandas, 40k of them would be processed next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Robson99

Ya and you would wonder is there tonnes of beef coming in from Poland and being packaged as Irish....which I think is why we will see feck all of a price rise

Robson99 wrote: »
    Ya and you would wonder is there tonnes of beef coming in from Poland and being packaged as Irish....which I think is why we will see feck all of a price rise

I wonder would they chance doing that. Army they getting beef cheap enough here without doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,139 ✭✭✭✭Water John

During the strike, I didn't see any meat in supermarkets labelled as Polish. Where did it go? We know it came in. The trucks that normally carried meat out of Ireland were doing the reverse and instead bringing it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Water John wrote: »
    During the strike, I didn't see any meat in supermarkets labelled as Polish. Where did it go? We know it came in. The trucks that normally carried meat out of Ireland were doing the reverse and instead bringing it in.

Gone to catering and ready made meals so it can be labelled Guaranteed Irish...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Water John wrote: »

Most of the imported meat goes to the catering trade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Sami23

What's the average price for bulls (stock bull 26mths) in the factories at the moment.
    Also is Roscrea the best place to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Sami23 wrote: »
    What's the average price for bulls (stock bull 26mths) in the factories at the moment.

Usually is the best. 2:60kg for a u last time I enquired.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The Bord Bia beef price tracker is now live. I only just saw it go live so haven't had a look through it yet. Here is the link:
    https://www.bordbia.ie/farmers-growers/farmers/prices-markets/beef-market-tracking/?fbclid=IwAR1JiiDsyC1q1G83BhX96biRpX3vyzrF7oCZhbU4kPAnG_MGj60vsn7nzQ8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭kk.man

Base price wrote: »
    The Bord Bia beef price tracker is now live. I only just saw it go live so haven't had a look through it yet. Here is the link:
    https://www.bordbia.ie/farmers-growers/farmers/prices-markets/beef-market-tracking/?fbclid=IwAR1JiiDsyC1q1G83BhX96biRpX3vyzrF7oCZhbU4kPAnG_MGj60vsn7nzQ8
    Its a very welcome initiative and tool to make arguments for unfairness in the industry. I believe it allows for the fifth quarter price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Base price

kk.man wrote: »
    Its a very welcome initiative and tool to make arguments for unfairness in the industry. I believe it allows for the fifth quarter price too.
    There are no published prices for offal or hides from Ireland or the EU so they are using US data. 2019 prices per kg - hide .08, red offal .10, white offal .10 = .28c/kg.

Irish price is actually above the European price at the time of the protest according to the graphs,
    It'll give reality check on the value of offal, I doubt that the offal pays the processing costs for the last few year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭kk.man

wrangler wrote: »
    Irish price is actually above the European price at the time of the protest according to the graphs,
    It'll give reality check on the value of offal, I doubt that the offal pays the processing costs for the last few year.
    I have reservations about these figures, for instance it was a known for a fact the average hide was achieving 80euro per avg carcass some time back. They now have fallen back substantially. Would a hide weigh 100kgs?

I have reservations about these figures, for instance it was a known for a fact the average hide was achieving 80euro per avg carcass some time back. They now have fallen back substantially. Would a hide weigh 100kgs?

I see all that as a waste of time, they're a private business, they won't be coerced no matter what people think they know

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Sami23 wrote: »

They'd like a bit of fat cover on him though, 2+ at least.

Anyone heard anything about a lift in prices for next week? With sterling at 85p vs the 91p it was in August I reckon that is roughly 22 cent per kg on UK marketed beef anyway.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,139 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I thought people would all be on here championing the new price tool and supporting the IFA in pointing out the €5m weekly loss to Irish farmers.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Beef plan on local radio Wednesday night said we've turned the corner..... Thank god for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement