Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

GIIL milk price for June is 37.5cpl. This represents an increase of 0.5cpl on the base milk price.

I think I speak for us all when I say, mofo's

Very dissatisfied with 0.5c was expecting more. It will take us to 40c with solids, good price but more is better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

delaval wrote: »
    Very dissatisfied with 0.5c was expecting more. It will take us to 40c with solids, good price but more is better

still struggling with solids here, yields ok, but lack of rain bound to affect same shortly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

when will arrabawn set price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Next tuesday i think

Any news on Arrabawn,strugling with solids

red bull wrote: »
    Any news on Arrabawn,strugling with solids

Been set tomorrow,ok on solids yields starting to taper off a bit even though on excellent grass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

Lakeland Dairies 37.5 for june milk @ 3.3pro, 3.6Bf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

well lads any word on arrabawn, hoping for an increase to settle some bills:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

anyone else on agrilink, normally you can access your milk statement on 16th of the month, this month and last month you couldnt also new format milk statement post April 2012 doesnt work for me:mad:

• Advertisement

arrabawn 37.75 I heard

whelan1 wrote: »
    anyone else on agrilink, normally you can access your milk statement on 16th of the month, this month and last month you couldnt also new format milk statement post April 2012 doesnt work for me:mad:

Same here I rang milk manager and he emailed to me

arrabawn 37.75 I heard

Yep can confirm this up .75 cent a litre.supplies to end of June back .8 % on June 12 figure but supplies are considerably back in the last 10 days .

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Yep can confirm this up .75 cent a litre.supplies to end of June back .8 % on June 12 figure but supplies are considerably back in the last 10 days .

No worries with quota so.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Was just on it there, its working but not the most user friendly setup.

looking at it, it just goes to show how bad a deal the index linking was last year..
    2012 indexed price is 31.41
    man. price 37.44
    vat credit 1.73
    gross creamery 37.87

how did you get on to it????

• Advertisement

Glabia base 37.5
    Net price 40.97c
    Fat 4.0%
    Pro 3.55%

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Glabia base 37.5
    Net price 40.97c
    Fat 4.0%
    Pro 3.55%

Some serious results there Delaval. Shows what excellent grass management and reseeding can do. Ive a long way to go ere a lot of old pastures only slowly getting to reseed.

Glabia base 37.5
    Net price 40.97c
    Fat 4.0%
    Pro 3.55%

Dad says in real money that would be £1.46 a gallon, about time for a right price considering you could get £1 a gallon for milk in the 80s when diesel was 25p per gal.
    Could he be right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Dad says in real money that would be £1.46 a gallon, about time for a right price considering you could get £1 a gallon for milk in the 80s when diesel was 25p per gal.
    Could he be right ?

Only if the EU quota system was actually a world quota, similar to OPEC! And even then, alot of the Irish diesel price increase is down to taxation. Still, I guess we are all in the wrong game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

how did you get on to it????

Sorry for delay getting back.
    1st off it doesn't work on iPhone as I tried that and you can't scroll down.
    When you click on it and put in your username and password again it gives a list and you click on the one you want.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Just wondering what is going on behind the scenes at some co-ops. If I was a Wexford supplier I think I'd be very p1ssed off, highest solids in the country and a milk price that is ranked 9th.

Last week's comic has a bit of sober reading for dairy farmers on P18-19. An Arrabawn supplier who supplies 200,000 L of 'average solids' would be 9,680 euros worse off than a similiar 'average' Barryroe supplier. Even though the Barryroe supplier had lower fat (3.94 vs 3.96%) and there was only 0.01% higher protein in Barryroe.

If I was a Wexford supplier I think I'd be asking WTF is going on, they have had the highest fat and protein consistently, yet milk price is hovering in the bottom half of the table for the past few years.

I think on here we should be able to get to the bottom of this?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

wexford are highly dependent on cheese.

Glanbia are taking them over.

in my situation, the price per ltr isn't the issue just now, cost of production will be the biggest factor, lightest fields browning and no growth in remainder

@ delaval , 41 c/ltr ,,,,excellent return

will post mine to morrow or as soon as I get the returns.

Could he be right ?

he's bang on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Could he be right ?

Ya in autumn 86 with high solids, Don't forget fertilizer at £106 a ton and first cut silage cost under £50 an acre contractor cost. As a man said to me 'All you had to do to make money in the '80's was stand up':pac:

Our margin has been given away to supermarkets and processors.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

mf240 wrote: »

They want Glanbia are taking to take them over.

Fixed that for you.

Glanbia aren't biting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Lofty0990

Fixed that for you.

Glanbia aren't biting though.

Watch this space mate.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Ya in autumn 86 with high solids, Don't forget fertilizer at £106 a ton and first cut silage cost under £50 an acre contractor cost. As a man said to me 'All you had to do to make money in the '80's was stand up':pac:

Our margin has been given away to supermarkets and processors.

The other side was that interest rates were in the teens with high tax and inflation. I personally never want a repeat of 80-89 again nearly broke us!!!!

Lofty0990 wrote: »
    Watch this space mate.

Glanbia aren't going to pay money end off. Why would they? Wexford folds they simply take on the suppliers they want for no cost simples. Wexford suppliers/shareholders think that the money they spent recently on an intake is worth something, it's not Glanbia have spent the past 15 years closing facilities like it. They don't need it and don't wantit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

mf240 wrote: »

Glanbia are taking them over.

Incorrect, Wexford have entered into a memo of understanding with Glanbia to discuss potential takeover/buyout/merger etc.

Nothing concrete in stone.
    Glanbia aren't going to pay money end off. Why would they? Wexford folds they simply take on the suppliers they want for no cost simples. Wexford suppliers/shareholders think that the money they spent recently on an intake is worth something, it's not Glanbia have spent the past 15 years closing facilities like it. They don't need it and don't wantit.

Firstly, I know nothing about milk.

But two things, brand names are worth money and Wexford have a name which is well established for cheese.

Also, in the summer months, Wexford currently process milk for Glanbia as they have surplus capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

The other side was that interest rates were in the teens with high tax and inflation. I personally never want a repeat of 80-89 again nearly broke us!!!!

18% interest rate, and my parents had a mortgage out for the farm next door that almost doubled our landbase! They've warned me never to stretch myself as much as they did then!

nashmach wrote: »
    Incorrect, Wexford have entered into a memo of understanding with Glanbia to discuss potential takeover/buyout/merger etc.

Nothing concrete in stone.

Firstly, I know nothing about milk.

But two things, brand names are worth money and Wexford have a name which is well established for cheese.

Also, in the summer months, Wexford currently process milk for Glanbia as they have surplus capacity.

Glanbia are currently sorting out that little problem just to the east of you. They aren't going to spend money on processing twice. In relation to brands look how little the Waterford Crystal brand cost when it all went curly. Glanbia don't need to get involved in any sort of costly and pointless takeover. All they have to do is wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

Timmaay wrote: »
    18% interest rate, and my parents had a mortgage out for the farm next door that almost doubled our landbase! They've warned me never to stretch myself as much as they did then!

My repayments went from 12.000 to 24.000 pounds / year ---never to be forgotten

milkprofit wrote: »
    My repayments went from 12.000 to 24.000 pounds / year ---never to be forgotten

Eighties were great wern't they?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I was away in school in the early 80's and faarming with my parents for the last few years, they were a great generation altogether:):):):) our parents not the 80's:(:(

Sorry for delay getting back.
    1st off it doesn't work on iPhone as I tried that and you can't scroll down.
    When you click on it and put in your username and password again it gives a list and you click on the one you want.
    just got in there now, had to go back to my 2006 diary to get my password:rolleyes: normally just log on automatically, also couldnt see the place where i had to log on again:cool::cool: happy enough, penalty of 460 euro- which could have been alot worse- and got money for temporary leasing

[/B]

Glanbia are currently sorting out that little problem just to the east of you. They aren't going to spend money on processing twice. In relation to brands look how little the Waterford Crystal brand cost when it all went curly. Glanbia don't need to get involved in any sort of costly and pointless takeover. All they have to do is wait.

Just as a matter of interest can we call "it " what "it" is GII , and out of same interest and given that it was created as a result of a (cough;)) vote are all GII suppliers happy that all issues are under control i.e. workers pensions etc .

;)

Just as a matter of interest can we call "it " what "it" is GII , and out of same interest and given that it was created as a result of a (cough;)) vote are all GII suppliers happy that all issues are under control i.e. workers pensions etc .

;)

Ask delaval and Tipp Man.;)

You're gonna start a row if you keep posting things like that.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

my Dad always said that he couldnt borrow enough money in the 80's at 17%, :rolleyes: there was serious money to be made back then

my Dad always said that he couldnt borrow enough money in the 80's at 17%, :rolleyes: there was serious money to be made back then

Well its looks like that to me, cheap feed ,fert, diesel, relatively cheap land. Problem was high interest rates but you could get a loan. Raised on a 60 acre farm, milked 30 cows but we all got an education as boarders

• Advertisement

The early 70's was when the real money was made esp by early adopters. My oul boy and his brothers were regularly getting 2.5 tonne spring barley crops and 3.5 to 4 tonne winter wheat crops back then. They were following the new agronomy advice, sprays fert etc. The rub was they were renting land for around half a tonne per acre and 50 tonne covered a mans wages for the year. On top of that they had the machinery for very low cost as they were running a vey profitable contracting business at the time which covered most of the machinery costs.

Ask delaval and Tipp Man.;)

You're gonna start a row if you keep posting things like that.:eek:

I promise no row, unless you want one!!!

My view is that we achieved what I've wanted and that was to seperate milk processing from the PLC

Oh yea, it's GII

Mine borrowed early 70's and got going as Freedom's any many others did.
    He borrowed for more land in 79 and true to type come hell or high water when interest rates rose the banks pulled the double barrell. He resisted and paid his way but it was a shocking time the eighties

He borrowed for more land in 79 and true to type come hell or high water when interest rates rose the banks pulled the double barrell. He resisted and paid his way but it was a shocking time the eighties
    but we are all here to tell the tale...

+1. There was plenty of blood in the water that time.

My view is that we achieved what I've wanted and that was to seperate milk processing from the PLC

Oh yea, it's GII

Good now we are calling it what it is , a less bland answer to the second half given former Glanbia suppliers I talk to (some on the odd committee) mumble that it wouldn't have gone through without that share thingy if you know what I mean ? ;)

No row just teasing it out.

• Advertisement

Oh yea, it's GII

I don't want a row either de. IMO we haven't got seperation, we are stuck in a limbo land where we have all of the costs and difficulties associated with milk assembly and primary processing but have locked all/most of our high value output into contracts with one customer. GII has it's hand in the dogs mouth as much as any dairy farmer.

I don't want a row either de. IMO we haven't got seperation, we are stuck in a limbo land where we have all of the costs and difficulties associated with milk assembly and primary processing but have locked all/most of our high value output into contracts with one customer. GII has it's hand in the dogs mouth as much as any dairy farmer.
    I think we'll leve it so.
    It's too hot for arguing and I'm off north on my holidays and already winding down.

Good now we are calling it what it is , a less bland answer to the second half given former Glanbia suppliers I talk to (some on the odd committee) mumble that it wouldn't have gone through without that share thingy if you know what I mean ? ;)

No row just teasing it out.
    Agreed, the less enlightened would not have even read the post let alone voted had the money not been on the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

It's too hot for arguing and I'm off north on my holidays and already winding down.

give us a call if your in the cavan area, but dont forget to bring the biscuits :D

Enjoy. Did you contact that other man after I pm'ed you?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement