Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Xbox app for PC

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Phoenix Point going straight into Game Pass when it launches in September: https://www.pcgamer.com/phoenix-point-nails-down-september-release-date-will-be-on-xbox-game-pass-for-pc/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah, might actually play it now.

I wish the other Gears games would come to PC. I know the story isn't anything to write home about, but i'd enjoy a full playthrough of the series, especially with the new games coming to PC.

Finally got stuck into Hallow Knight after seeing in Game Pass...god damn it's great. A bit more wandering around aimlessly then i'd like, but other then that it's really enjoyable.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah, might actually play it now.

I wish the other Gears games would come to PC. I know the story isn't anything to write home about, but i'd enjoy a full playthrough of the series, especially with the new games coming to PC.

Finally got stuck into Hallow Knight after seeing in Game Pass...god damn it's great. A bit more wandering around aimlessly then i'd like, but other then that it's really enjoyable.

I downloaded Hollow Night too, might start it over the weekend.

Played a bit of Void Bastards last night, seems like it could be fun but need to give it a bit more time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, started Void Bastards last night as well. Seems pretty good, though i suspect it will get a bit repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking, could I use my brother's account to access PC Gamepass. He only plays on Xbox but if he upgraded to ultimate, could I use his account details?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just thinking, could I use my brother's account to access PC Gamepass. He only plays on Xbox but if he upgraded to ultimate, could I use his account details?

If he's ok with it then it should work fine.

I'm not 100% sure what would happen if you play at the same time though. I can test it out on my own set up later if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I noticed that Football Manager was number 1 in most popular when I went to download it myself last night!
    I expect that'll be in the top for a while :)

Has anyone actually been able to get an fps counter working with the game pass games? The nvidia shadowplay one used to work with windows store games before but doesn't seem to with these.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Has anyone actually been able to get an fps counter working with the game pass games? The nvidia shadowplay one used to work with windows store games before but doesn't seem to with these.

Did you try MSI Afterburner?
    That's what I would think of immediately!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Did you try MSI Afterburner?
    That's what I would think of immediately!

I have it installed but didn't try it yet, I could never get it working with MS store games before but shadowplay always did.

• Advertisement

I have it installed but didn't try it yet, I could never get it working with MS store games before but shadowplay always did.

Just trying it for the last 40 mins, and I can't figure it out!
    Might be possible, but I'm too tired to figure it out :D

If he's ok with it then it should work fine.

I'm not 100% sure what would happen if you play at the same time though. I can test it out on my own set up later if you want.

Yeah I'll have to convince him to sign up then share the details. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

This client is awful. It doesnt resume from an interrupted download. I was trying to install GOW4 (133GB) windows updated kicked in and reboot. Download restart from scratch while it had been over 50%. Not fun when I only have 20mb BB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Afterburner works now with UWP games just download the latest from guru3D.com. I installed latest rivatuner also

Wasnt showing FPS for me in GoW4 until I updated, working now.

Yeah tried it last night briefly and it worked a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

CastorTroy wrote: »

I tried this with my flatmate using his game pass and we got it to work. What you need to do is sign into the windows store using the account that has game pass on it, and then sign in to your own account on the xbox app. This allows you to download game pass games through the account you signed in on in the store app, while still allowing you to actually play the games using your own account. You can do this with up to 10 windows devices (the list of devices added to your microsoft account are listed here: https://account.microsoft.com/devices) (click device limits)

So in the case of you and your brother, if he upgrades his account and signs in to the windows store on your PC. You can download games and play them while being signed into your own live account through the xbox app

Good work, did not know you could xbox game share on PC.

It truly is the netflix of gaming. :)

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Afterburner works now with UWP games just download the latest from guru3D.com. I installed latest rivatuner also

Wasnt showing FPS for me in GoW4 until I updated, working now.

At least you figured it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Trying to edit the folders for football manager and microsoft have all the files on read only, can't delete anything even as an admin :mad:

• Advertisement

Well you can buy an editor on steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/933720/Football_Manager_2019_InGame_Editor/

But I can't find that editor for sale in the MS store.
    And I doubt they are cross compatible.

I went to the SI site to see if they had a stand-alone editor to buy, but they don't even have FM2019 listed as a released product, just says coming soon :D

I wanted to delete all the fake players and league names they put in the game due to lack of licensing, their editor won't do that.

ShaneU wrote: »
    I wanted to delete all the fake players and league names they put in the game due to lack of licensing, their editor won't do that.

I remember seeing an option to use fake players in the setup when I was creating a manager. I unticked it.
    Not 100% sure where it was, but it's definitely there somewhere :)

I remember seeing an option to use fake players in the setup when I was creating a manager. I unticked it.
    Not 100% sure where it was, but it's definitely there somewhere :)

No that's something different. Try looking at the German National team and you'll see what I mean.

ShaneU wrote: »
    No that's something different. Try looking at the German National team and you'll see what I mean.

Found this on an FM fansite.
    https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm19-real-names-license-fix.html

It's a real names patch.
    Worth a try :)

Found this on an FM fansite.
    https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm19-real-names-license-fix.html

It's a real names patch.
    Worth a try :)

Doesn't work with gamespass version unfortunately as it requires you to delete files.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The new App has a built in LFG (Beta), gonna be honest not sure whis was never put into Steam.

Its a simple but effective idea if it works.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The new App has a built in LFG (Beta), gonna be honest not sure whis was never put into Steam.

Its a simple but effective idea if it works.
    It's in the new game bar too (Win + G)

What's LFG?

Anyone having sign-in issues with the app tonight?

• Advertisement

What's LFG?

Anyone having sign-in issues with the app tonight?
    Looking For Group

Advertisement