Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Pangea wrote: »
    Weather in the West thread closed before we even had a chance to hear of snow reports!!! not good!
    Feckn waste of time snow watchn all week for me Im afraid.
    Wet snow here all night by the looks of things ,no accumulations.
    Good fall here.. Aint been out yet but from the look of the car I would say between 2-3 inches. Traffic crawling on bypass. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

MT Cranium is predicting rain for us. He just posted. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

NOOOO rebelbrowser please don't say that :( I'm actually getting really sick of this now....

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

accuweather saying rain for kilkenny:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

irish1967 wrote: »
    Good fall here.. Aint been out yet but from the look of the car I would say between 2-3 inches. Traffic crawling on bypass. :)
    Lucky you, looks like Im too far west on this occasion.
    :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

leahyl wrote: »
    NOOOO rebelbrowser please don't say that :( I'm actually getting really sick of this now....

I hope you get sme snow in Cork...great for the kids (and adults):D:D:D:D!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

leahyl wrote: »
    How could it be in dungarvan??!!! It hasn't even passed over cork yet!! I'm getting worried again! Don't tell me it's going to miss us entirely?!

http://met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

channaigh wrote: »
    accuweather saying rain for kilkenny:mad:

accuweather is rubbish and very unreliable!! Sky and Met.ie are the best. BBC pure rubbish as well.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Hirlam model indicates peak activity 11am to 1pm along east coast ! Can't wait .... can wait ... work closed today!:)

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Hard to know what's really happening with that front, not enough reports, guess most people are still asleep Time will tell I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    accuweather is rubbish and very unreliable!! Sky and Met.ie are the best. BBC pure rubbish as well.:):):)

so do u think kk will get a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

slowly gettin warmer here up to -4 from -10 overnight, looks like its gettin cloud again too and theres a breeze building up

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Hard freeze in Dublin 6 last night, the paths are lethal. For any commuters the busses are running I got one that took me right in to St. Stephens Green. Just walk the main roads and you should get one.

absolutely and all the way further East as well especially Dublin/Wicklow/Kildare etc. There is so much snow in the east ranging from a couple of feet to several feet that this will make the air even colder. However in areas with no snow cover like Limerick, Cork, Kerry, Clare, parts of Tip it could very well be sleet IMO.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭Speak Now

-9.5c here, sky's darkening from the south west. I'm expecting a rapid rise in temp soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fair play to Dublin Bus, the roads are pure glass out there and with more snow this afternoon its not going to help matters.
    Can wait for daylight to go out and get some pictures.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Hard to know what's really happening with that front, not enough reports, guess most people are still asleep Time will tell I suppose.

Snowing since 7.20 and Temp -1.5 and steady.

After a brief lull.. its snowing quite heavy wet snow here again but its just above freezing so I would say it will settle on the snow that fell since 4 am.. For a change we got a front at the right (coldest) part of the day !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Its pouring here, I hate rain!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Supercell wrote: »
    Fair play to Dublin Bus, the roads are pure glass out there and with more snow this afternoon its not going to help matters.
    Can wait for daylight to go out and get some pictures.

Service is very curtailed really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

whats the predictions for the west dublin/north kildare area??
    im hoping for more snow

• Advertisement

ok... first pic is 3pm yesterday..... 2nd pic is 7.55 this monring... spot the difference
    110d49e1.jpg
    7be18eea.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Just home from work and the sky is getting very dark with clouds here in Celbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

It Doesn't look too positive for much snow in the south east... The band of presip seems to be breaking uP before it reaches this side

Met Eireann's predictions are very ominous for the East especially Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow which are already under feet of snow, literally. Heavy Snow from laye morning right through the afternoon with temperatures struggling to get abpve zero. Not surprising with the insane amount of snow cover there is already. I have seen quite a number of ski resorts with much less.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

-9.5c here, sky's darkening from the south west. I'm expecting a rapid rise in temp soon!

Yeah grey skies overhead now, no precip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

homolumo wrote: »
    Yeah grey skies overhead now, no precip.

Very grey here in Cork city too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Very grey here in Cork city too!

snowing lightly where i am but sticking! MT thinks it will turn to rain for cork whether so we'll have have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

limerick got a sprinkle apparently. Actually still falling light. Good sign? Please!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

10 cms here in donegal town looks like its just about to turn to rain just shoveling snow at the moment

137919.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

zuroph wrote: »
    limerick got a sprinkle apparently. Actually still falling light. Good sign? Please!!?

Raining on the snow cover now in Kerry, you might get snow for a while at least?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement