Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Xbox app for PC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

wow, thats pretty darn decent so

Sorry for the misinformation :P

I just went for both for the two years xbox live gold passes trick which works out at €3.33ish but you gotta pay more upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

nix wrote: »
    wow, thats pretty darn decent so

Sorry for the misinformation :P

I just went for both for the two years xbox live gold passes trick which works out at €3.33ish but you gotta pay more upfront.

if you haven't upgraded to ultimate yet you can also get another 2 months by getting the game pass intro pack and going for the recurring subscription.

Remouad wrote: »
    if you haven't upgraded to ultimate yet you can also get another 2 months by getting the game pass intro pack and going for the recurring subscription.

Aye i did, i got 2 x 12month live gold subs and when i fully upgraded, i got like 27months worth of subs. I'm signed up until near end of September 2021 :D

I dont even have an Xbox, Xbox need to pump out more exclusives for me to get one tbh :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I believe that €3.99 is meant to jump to €7.99 at a later date, as it's an introductory price.

I thought it was going to go up to a tenner, at least based on one of the game pass sign-up pages seemed to have a €9.99 struck out behind the advertised €3.99 during the beta.

When it does jump up though, I'm going have to reconsider whether I'm getting my money's worth out of game pass. I mean I've been making great use of it so far with the starting library, but I have to wonder how quickly new games will be arriving on game pass down the line and whether I'll be still playing what's available to make it worth a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Glebee

Subbed for the 1 euro first month offer. Turn out my Windows wont update to the newest version so i cant download anything from the Windows Store for some reason, just get an error message..:confused::confused: Im guessing the windows bug and the store are linked somehow. When ever I update Windows I just get a black screen with a cursor and end up having to rollback update..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I thought it was going to go up to a tenner, at least based on one of the game pass sign-up pages seemed to have a €9.99 struck out behind the advertised €3.99 during the beta.

When it does jump up though, I'm going have to reconsider whether I'm getting my money's worth out of game pass. I mean I've been making great use of it so far with the starting library, but I have to wonder how quickly new games will be arriving on game pass down the line and whether I'll be still playing what's available to make it worth a tenner.

You'll always be able to buy cheaper subscription keys on the likes of Cd-Keys anyway. Amazon have had a year for 50 quid before too.

9.99 is the price on console so I'd imagine their goal is for it to cost the same on both platforms alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

TheChrisD wrote: »

Keep an eye on the game pass thread in the xbox forum as well as this one. Games used to come in quickly for the xbox and I can only hope the same for PC.

As for the pricing. I clicked a link for GP for PC and it was $4.99, soon to be $9.99 and I changed the region to IE. The price changed to €3.99 and I assumed that it would be double after promotion to €7.99 like the dollar price. But if it goes to €9.99 with the library that it has now, I can see a lot of drop off at that price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Glebee wrote: »
    Subbed for the 1 euro first month offer. Turn out my Windows wont update to the newest version so i cant download anything from the Windows Store for some reason, just get an error message..:confused::confused: Im guessing the windows bug and the store are linked somehow. When ever I update Windows I just get a black screen with a cursor and end up having to rollback update..

Are you manually downloading the update or using the Windows Update tool?

Are you manually downloading the update or using the Windows Update tool?

Windows update tool, no matter what way I try it I always end up at black screen with cursor. Then need to rollback to get windows working.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Seems like i got charged for this today, even though i bought the 12 months subscription through Live thing. Will have to check that when i get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Windows update tool, no matter what way I try it I always end up at black screen with cursor. Then need to rollback to get windows working.

Try downloading the latest patch manually.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Try downloading the latest patch manually.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Tried that, no matter what I try I still end up at that black screen and need to roll back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Free DLC for The Messenger is out but I can't get it working?

Kiith wrote: »
    Seems like i got charged for this today, even though i bought the 12 months subscription through Live thing. Will have to check that when i get home.

Did you convert the Live subscription to Ultimate?

Turns out i may have activated it on a different account. I've got two Microsoft accounts, and the year long key seems to be on the other one.

Wonder if MS would move that across for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1151170439088992256

Night Call, 7/17 - PC
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, 7/18 - Console
    The Banner Saga 3, 7/18 - PC and Console
    Resident Evil 4, 7/25 - Console
    Killer Instinct DE, 7/25 - PC and Console
    For The King, 7/25 - PC

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's a tech test for Gears of War 5 this weekend, anyone with game pass should have access.

They really need to release the earlier games on PC if they want me to have any interest in the series.

They really need to release the earlier games on PC if they want me to have any interest in the series.

Yeah would be nice to see that happen, you'd think they will eventually. The first game is there, heard it has performance issues though. Four there too obviously.

Tech test is multi player only anyway.

• Advertisement

There first one was remastered and is on the game pass, its pretty boring though, i gave up on it after the first act. I have no doubt they will port 2 and 3 in the near future.

You would want to be playing co-op with friends to enjoy these games, its all mind numbing otherwise i found.

Got this working eventually. Young lad just got a new xbox. Is there any reason we cant play co op on cross platform games??

Got this working eventually. Young lad just got a new xbox. Is there any reason we cant play co op on cross platform games??

Depends on the game, very few of them have cross play. Gears of War 4 should but I'm not sure what else does. I would have thought you could cross play on Forza too.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Depends on the game, very few of them have cross play. Gears of War 4 should but I'm not sure what else does. I would have thought you could cross play on Forza too.

I was thinking Sea of Thieves maybe, must check it out asap

Yeah that 100% has cross play between console and PC.

Gears 5 is, well Gears...part 5.

Interesting playing it on PC though which I haven't done before. I'm thinking it's probably suited better to a controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Gears 5 is, well Gears...part 5.

Interesting playing it on PC though which I haven't done before. I'm thinking it's probably suited better to a controller.

How does it compare to Gear's 4 if you've played both? I got the PC version of Gears 4 free with my GPU and while it ran fine and as a game it was ok, the gameplay loop felt dated as hell.

Venom wrote: »
    How does it compare to Gear's 4 if you've played both? I got the PC version of Gears 4 free with my GPU and while it ran fine and as a game it was ok, the gameplay loop felt dated as hell.
    The tech test is only multiplayer and only has a few modes. Gameplay wise it hasn't changed at all. But Gears has always been about the campaign for me.

Loved Gears 4, well worth a play on GPU.

Venom wrote: »

The game isn't out yet.

Got Sea of Thieves working cross platform last night on the same account after a bit of messing, pretty cool.

Got Sea of Thieves working cross platform last night on the same account after a bit of messing, pretty cool.

You could just set up a second account on the xbox and play that way, no need to use the same account for both at all.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You could just set up a second account on the xbox and play that way, no need to use the same account for both at all.

Have it set up with a family account, new to xbox so it took a while to get my head around it.

EAVvS8vX4AEiowK?format=jpg&name=large

Finished TimeSpinner yesterday , really good! I was very overpowered at the end though

I think sea of thieves is making my pc go crazy for some reason. Anyone else get strange crashes, etc when playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I went to sign up for the pc beta, did any one else have an issue when paying with a card, that the country is down as the united kingdom instead of ireland ?
    Any where else i can buy the pass and put a code in or some thing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Installed Killer Instinct definitive edition.

None of the characters are unlocked.

Brings me to the store to "buy to own" the definitive edition for €9.99 when I choose any of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

downloading state of decay 2 was hoping it would show up on steam but at one euro i cant complain, does gears work well with mouse and keyboard ?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    downloading state of decay 2 was hoping it would show up on steam but at one euro i cant complain, does gears work well with mouse and keyboard ?

Not sure about ultimate or 4 as I didn't play them on pc but it felt fine with m&kb on the tech test for 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

does gears work well with mouse and keyboard ?

Only played Ultimate and it was alright, but the fact that there are only as many control keys as there were buttons on a controller makes it a bit cumbersome at times. Like why are roadie run/cover/dodge etc. all on the same goddamn key... 🤦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I've played both Gears 1 Ultimate and Gears 4 via mouse and keyboard. While everything about Gears 1 was a total shít show, Gears 4 was fine with a mouse and keyboard, it's just that the control scheme itself is not optimised very well for a keyboard due to being a console port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,228 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Anyone any experience of playing Sunset Overdrive with a controller through Game Pass? My wireless 360 controller isn't being recognised for some reason, and any fixes I find are Steam specific. It works with other Game Pass games.

Anyone any experience of playing Sunset Overdrive with a controller through Game Pass? My wireless 360 controller isn't being recognised for some reason, and any fixes I find are Steam specific. It works with other Game Pass games.

I've found the wired 360 controller to be very hit-and-miss as well. Could not get it to work with CrossCode at all, but the PS4 controller worked fine.

Just finished Metro Exodus, fantastic game.

Just finished Metro Exodus, fantastic game.

Just starting it, :p It seems a bit linear though...

Aye i just installed it myself, didnt play the other 2 before it, tried to play the first one but it hasnt aged well so i gave up on it, watched a catch up video on youtube before it instead. :pac:

I have Vampyr installed also but for some reason just cant bring myself to start it :confused:

Just starting it, :p It seems a bit linear though...
    Yeah there are some small open world sections but it's mostly linear. Not a negative in my view.

nix wrote: »
    Aye i just installed it myself, didnt play the other 2 before it, tried to play the first one but it hasnt aged well so i gave up on it, watched a catch up video on youtube before it instead. :pac:

I have Vampyr installed also but for some reason just cant bring myself to start it :confused:
    I'm the same with vampyr. Cant decide to go with that or shadow of mordor next. Guess I can try both and see, beauty of game pass :-)

Really liking Metro exodus, been awhile since ive had to tear myself away from a game. These days i find i wanna take a break after an hour or two, sank over 4 hours into this tonight without realising. It's like a smaller but more refined version of fallout, deadly! :)

I'm the same with vampyr. Cant decide to go with that or shadow of mordor next. Guess I can try both and see, beauty of game pass :-)

Vampyr wins. Campaign games need a strong narrative to keep me interested. Shadow of War just isn't gripping me... I'll probably come back to it but Vampyr is up first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seems to be only offering me one month for €1 then €12.99 per month thereafter.

Advertisement