Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

fletch wrote: »
    You have a 7 day cooling off period so you can cancel and then re-sign up!

I mailed them there and asked did I need to cancel and resubmit to get the voucher - we'll see what they come back with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

tk123 wrote: »
    I mailed them there and asked did I need to cancel and resubmit to get the voucher - we'll see what they come back with!
    You do...I've been through the trauma of it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi there

No that is incorrect. When ordering through this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer you would have asked for a voucher from a merchant of your choice. Once you qualify and are are installed, we notify the merchant and they post you out a voucher for €50 for you to spend instore.

Best of luck, enjoy your UPC products and spending the voucher.

Regards

Jason

This thread is for the boards offer, If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions)
    http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Hi Jason,

I just went ahead with this offer and got broadband and TV installed last week. I couldn't meet the technician due to work so my cousin helped me out, and I told him what I was getting.

With regards the voucher, he was told that I just needed to present the receipt at the shop. Is this correct or should I be following this up?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Jason.
    I've emailed your retailsales@upc.ie address three times in the last two months regarding the voucher which I never recieved.

Can I suggest that this offer is pulled until such time as UPC are actually in a position to uphold the agreed €50 voucher.

I've emailed the above address yet again and hope you can somehow sort this out.

Cheers,

Account number: <Mod Snip> PM personal info please

Hi there. Sorry the merchant havent posted your voucher out yet, I am personally chasing them now to establish the exact status. If they havent sent it (for whatever reason) I will send you a one for alll voucher instead if that suits you.

I will have one of my team call you today to establish your requirements

Thanks

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions)

Mezcita wrote: »
    Jason.
    I've emailed your retailsales@upc.ie address three times in the last two months regarding the voucher which I never recieved.

Can I suggest that this offer is pulled until such time as UPC are actually in a position to uphold the agreed €50 voucher.

I've emailed the above address yet again and hope you can somehow sort this out.

Cheers,

Account number: <Mod Snip> PM personal info please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Jason im getting UPC installed today. Is it too late to avail of this offer?

Hi there. I am sorry, yes, to qualify for the offer, you must have ordered through the link on this site initially.

Enjoy your products.

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions)

QUOTE=Hogzy;66754052]Jason im getting UPC installed today. Is it too late to avail of this offer?[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I began the process of opening an account through the link and was sent an email with a ticket number from UPC. Now since then nobody has bothered to reply to the emails I've sent.

Can you help me out Jason?

Hi p_larkin99

Please pm a ticket number and you will get immediate attention. The process is, once you send the order via the link, my team will try call you twice a day for 5 days before finally cancelling the order. We need to be able to speak to you to confirm all details etc.

To speed things up, you can call 051595143 yourself directly with your ticket number, they will find your original order, even if it is cancelled and will go ahead with it for you there and then. They are working until 6pm if that suits

Regards

Jason
    p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I began the process of opening an account through the link and was sent an email with a ticket number from UPC. Now since then nobody has bothered to reply to the emails I've sent.

• Advertisement

Hi P_Larkin99

Got your PM.

My team will be back in touch with you now that you were installed last week, to let you know when you will get your voucher. Your merchant would have been notified at this stage if you qualified for the voucher, and you should have it very soon as per the t&c's of the offer.

Enjoy spending it and enjoy your products.

regards

Jason

p_larkin99 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I didn't even get an email :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Well UPC didnt turn up today. They were meant to call between 9am and 1pm. No phone call or anything. THink ill cancel the order and reapply. May aswell take the voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Got my voucher the other day....... for Woodies. Pretty sure I order a DID one, as there's not much decking I can do to my rented apartment :D

Hi JohnP

No worries at all if that was sent in error, you can of course send it back to us and we can get you a DID Electrical one or I can send you a One4All voucher instead. Just drop us a line directly on retailsales@upc.ie quoting this message, or call us on 051595143 and we will sort it for you straight away. Apologies for the error.

Regards

Jason

johnp wrote: »
    Got my voucher the other day....... for Woodies. Pretty sure I order a DID one, as there's not much decking I can do to my rented apartment :D

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi JohnP

No worries at all if that was sent in error, you can of course send it back to us and we can get you a DID Electrical one or I can send you a One4All voucher instead. Just drop us a line directly on retailsales@upc.ie quoting this message, or call us on 051595143 and we will sort it for you straight away. Apologies for the error.

Regards

Jason

Wow! Fantastic!

Will pop you an email.

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

tk123 wrote: »

Brilliant, just brilliant!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Well I never got a reply to my mail asking if i'd need to cancel to take up the offer but some nice person in UPC canceled the order anyways and didn't tell me!!! I took the day off work and have been sitting here since 8:30 this morning waiting for the guy to come because it was a 9-12 slot - I only found out when I called to find out what was going on!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: This is exactly why I was hesitant about signing up - I'm having second thoughts now having signed up again over the phone!! :(

No worries JohnP

Regards

Jason

If you order online or call us on our normal numbers you will not qualify, this is a standalone offer exclusive for boards users as a reward.

You must order via that link, or call our dealer support number on 051595143.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Wow! Fantastic!

Will pop you an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Hi Jason,

Just wondering how long it usually take before the voucher arrives. Got UPC installed on 11/6.

I don't really need it right away just wanted to get an idea of a time frame.

Thanks

P.S. It was a carphone warehouse voucher

Hi there rf5555

30 days following installation. So it should be with you shortly, I will check with the store if you PM me your details.

regards

Jason
    rh5555 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Just wondering how long it usually take before the voucher arrives. Got UPC installed on 11/6.

I don't really need it right away just wanted to get an idea of a time frame.

Thanks

P.S. It was a carphone warehouse voucher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Hi P_Larkin99

Got your PM.

My team will be back in touch with you now that you were installed last week, to let you know when you will get your voucher. Your merchant would have been notified at this stage if you qualified for the voucher, and you should have it very soon as per the t&c's of the offer.

Enjoy spending it and enjoy your products.

regards

Jason

I've been promised a €50 Woodies voucher for completing this offer so it's a good offer to sign up to. Big thanks to Jason here for his help through this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Hi Jason,
    I wanted to order a HD box for another room and keep my existing plus box. I was told this offer does not include free installation for HD and I would have to pay €50 even though I don't need any wiring done and the box would be sent out by courier for me to setup myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭notel70

ahh good old upc, they are good for onboarding(although not so good in this situation it seems) but once your onboard they are absolutley sh!t, they dont give a crap about their existing customers. Therefore ill stick with my skybox thanks.

Their business model is flawed, the cost of keeping existing customers happy is allot allot less than the cost of recruiting new customers, basic proven business model, yet they dont understand this.

And yes Ive had a painful recent experience with their customer service.

Hi there ...The POD

I can confirm that if you do not require UPC to do additional cabling for your multiroom box, and are happy to keep your current box as a multiroom subscription then the normal HD activation charge will be waived for you. (and we will even give you the HD box and the HD subscription free for the next 6 months, afterwhich you will pay us an additional €5 on top of your normal multiroom subscription price)

Give my team a call direct if you want to proceed on 1890940635.

Regards

Jason

FYI - The FREE HD for new and existing customers is a limited offer.

the_pod wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    I wanted to order a HD box for another room and keep my existing plus box. I was told this offer does not include free installation for HD and I would have to pay €50 even though I don't need any wiring done and the box would be sent out by courier for me to setup myself.

well I filled out the form again. Let's see what happens!

Well I got a call and things are proceeding. Thanks Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Thanks Jason, confirmed this morning and hoping get this setup on Tuesday.

Grawns

No problems at all.

Enjoy your voucher. (and your UPC products)

Regards

Jason

Grawns wrote: »
    Well I got a call and things are proceeding. Thanks Jason.

JohnP

Got your Woodies voucher today in internal post, as it ended up in our Limerick office. I will get the one for all voucher in the post for you tomorrow for you

Regards

Jason

Wow! Fantastic!

Will pop you an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dermatrov

Just got a new Tv. I want to order high definition. Can I order this through this offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

I've emailed UPC enquiring about a subscription, hopefully everything checks out ;]

• Advertisement

Hi Dermatrov

If you are not an active UPC Tv customer then of course you can oder HD via this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

If you are an existing tv customer you can upgrade to HD via this link, but upgrades to an existing product do not qualify for the voucher.

Whether you are an existing TV customer, or are switching from SKY, you can still get HD free for six months, call 1890 940635 for more details, or just go ahead and fill in the boards offer form and my team will call you direct.

Hope that answers your question

Regards

Jason

dermatrov wrote: »
    Just got a new Tv. I want to order high definition. Can I order this through this offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Incorporating Haj

I signed up via this offer.

Very happy with everything so far.

Cable and Broadband service has been really reliable and received my correct bill with no problems.

I did need to call customer service once on an issue which they resolved very quickly.

Just said I'd post for the sake of giving credit where it's due.

FYI I was dealing with Lisa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Hi Jason,

I emailed this to yourselves a couple of days ago, might have more luck getting a response here.
    I am potentially interested in getting UPC television installed, and ditching my SKY Digital subscription. I have a few questions to ask regarding pricing and availability.

From my understanding, on the website I can obtain the Value + HD Pack for €25.75 and additional multiroom HD+ boxes €10.00 per month.

I am interested in the Value + HD pack, and two additional HD+ boxes which should equate to €45.75 P/M including ALL installation charges and necessary fees? - Which can be used in conjunction with the boards.ie promotion with the 50€ signup voucher?

I also hear that there is a six month promotion on HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jashar99

Hi Jason,
    Just wondering what the time frame is on vouchers, got my UPC connection over 3 weeks ago,
    thanks,
    jashar99

Hi there.

The merchants signed up to delivering your vouchers within 30 days following your installation.

Please get in touch with us:
    Retail & Dealer Support
    T 1890 940635
    Email: retailsales@upc.ie

The support team will chase up the status of your voucher for you straight away.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

jashar99 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    Just wondering what the time frame is on vouchers, got my UPC connection over 3 weeks ago,
    thanks,
    jashar99

Hi Kevin

You can indeed order your multiroom HD service via this boards exclusive offer and qualify for the €50 offer.

UPC are still runnning the Free HD for 6 months promotion, so the €5 HD charge on each of the 3 boxes will be free for six months, making your total payment €15 less for that initial period.

I should also say that we are also running another promotion alongside this of Free Sky Sports & Movies for the first 2 months if you also want to order that. :)

This is what you will pay us for the first 6 months:

Digital Value with a High Definition Digital Plus Box = €20.75 p/m (The HD element is waived for 6 months)
    Multiroom viewing @ €5 per box = €10 (the HD element is waived for 6 months)

Meaning a total payment to UPC for High Definition TV in 3 rooms of just €30.75 per month for the first 6 months (after that it will cost you €45.75 p/m)

Regarding activation fees. As you will order this via the boards offer, all activation fees will be waived for the 3 boxes, once you have cable in place for the additional boxes, if not there will be a €50 cabling charge per box.

I hope that answers your question. This offer represents a genuine bargain if you are looking to sign up to a HD service, especially when you are also taking multi room viewing compared to our competitors, as I am sure you will agree.

If you want to order, best bet is to go through the boards link, and if you want to add SKY Sports & Movies, tell my team when they call you to confirm. (maybe you can put your €50 voucher towards a blue Ray player to add to your collection?)

Thanks again

Regards

Jason

Kevin! wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I emailed this to yourselves a couple of days ago, might have more luck getting a response here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Hi Jason,

Ordered UPC broadband a few weeks ago and signed up for this offer (woodies/atlantic homecare vouchers), the broadband was installed 3 weeks ago but still no sign of the vouchers. Is it possible to check up on this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Hi Jason too, got upc installed on the 10/06 still haven't received anything, could you look into this for me too please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Hi Jason. I got UPC Select Extra HD+ Pack about 2 months ago, I'm thinking about getting sky sports, are there any offers on at the moment?

• Advertisement

JohnP

Got your Woodies voucher today in internal post, as it ended up in our Limerick office. I will get the one for all voucher in the post for you tomorrow for you

Regards

Jason

Great, look forward to receiving it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Hi Jason, I signed up recently to UPC BB using the boards offer URL. Do I need to do anything extra to receive the voucher? Also when signing up I think I checked the Woodies option. Would it be possible to instead get a one for all voucher?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

I signed up with a rep at the door, silly me now have to pay 60 euro installation fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Just wondering did the €250 voucher offer expire recently? I was looking into signing up via DID but when they went to check on the offer they couldn't put it through as that offer has expired.

I notice though that a new offer seems in place from the begining of August. Perhaps DID just haven't been informed about it yet?

Details on the new offer below. The package names seem to have changed since the last offer.

http://www.upc.ie/retailoffer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That offer looks worthwhile anyway!

Just one question before I traipse out there, are we liable for the connection fee etc by signing up for them through the likes of DID?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

groom wrote: »
    Hi Jason, I signed up recently to UPC BB using the boards offer URL. Do I need to do anything extra to receive the voucher? Also when signing up I think I checked the Woodies option. Would it be possible to instead get a one for all voucher?
    Cheers

Hi Jason, I received my Woodies voucher in the post. Thanks. Is it possible I can return it for an all in one voucher instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

Hi Jason, is this offer still ongoing? Thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Just to let people know, I sent Jason a pm there and it stil not been replied
    so you're just better off ringing 051595143 an speak to them directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

I signed up on Monday and they told me the voucher would be sent out soon.

Hi there Lenny, apologies, just back from annual leave. You are correct, please direct any queries directly to the support desk on 1890 940635, and they can manage it accordingly for you.

Regards

Jason
    Lenny wrote: »
    Just to let people know, I sent Jason a pm there and it stil not been replied
    so you're just better off ringing 051595143 an speak to them directly.

Hi there, yes it is indeed.
    pelemcg wrote: »
    Hi Jason, is this offer still ongoing?

Thanks

Regards

Jason

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement