Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

I know we can't really travel anywhere and shouldn't be but it's silly that there isn't a skeleton staff in processing these applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

damianmcr wrote: »
    I know we can't really travel anywhere and shouldn't be but it's silly that there isn't a skeleton staff in processing these applications.

Part of me feels they don’t want people getting passports to prevent people from traveling.

Part of me feels they don’t want people getting passports to prevent people from traveling.
    I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

That's obviously it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Some staff there have been redeployed to other areas of the civil service including social protection and health

Renewals are being processed as can be seen in the posts on here earlier this week and there is a skeleton staff in the office

There’s no conspiracy. People who are working from home can’t bring documents home with them. So those applications are talking much longer. They’ve told people not to apply as it may take some time to clear the backlog obviously

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Some staff there have been redeployed to other areas of the civil service including social protection and health

Renewals are being processed as can be seen in the posts on here earlier this week and there is a skeleton staff in the office

There’s no conspiracy. People who are working from home can’t bring documents home with them. So those applications are talking much longer. They’ve told people not to apply as it may take some time to clear the backlog obviously

Why can’t more people in the office sort through documents, socially distant? Why do they say resume to level 4 when the government have moved away from level 5,4,3 etc.

What is the criteria for re opening?

It’s an absolute disgrace and obviously an attempt to stop people travelling. This is an essential service that can be done safely in the office. Put on some masks and get on with it.

I just got an email from the passport office asking if I prefer a space in my last name. Otherwise the aim is get it sent in 10 days. Fingers crossed.

TheRealRuu wrote: »
    I just got an email from the passport office asking if I prefer a space in my last name. Otherwise the aim is get it sent in 10 days. Fingers crossed.

When did you apply?
    Also was it just a standard application?

Passport online, renewal. Applied 4/2, estimated issue date 25/2.

Thanks. I didn’t apply until April 8th so I’d be a bit behind in the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Dodge wrote: »

I’m not sure. There was very straight forward renewals completed online also not being processed. Mine has an est issue date of March 15th after applying March 1st, but no update or passport received. I know of 3 people who have applied since that date & have received their passport within a week. It’s very frustrating. If there was even some sort of a system to it I wouldn’t mind, but it is all over the place. Not to mind the fact it is a cover up to attempt to stop people from travelling!

Will anything in the latest announcement affect passport processing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Message on their website has changed. Says they are processing online applications and aiming to clear backlog in 6-8 weeks.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Message on their website has changed. Says they are processing online applications and aiming to clear backlog in 6-8 weeks.
    Good news.

I contacted them Today with one of my questions and they said they'd hope to be back in two weeks.

I contacted them Today with one of my questions and they said they'd hope to be back in two weeks.

Yes I’ve heard they expect to be back when retail re opens

Was at Printing status earlier today and now Dispatched. 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

We are lucky in that my wife is Polish, went to Polish embassy last week, and got a passport for our son organised in person in 25 mins, minimum fuss and will arrive by end of next week

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roundone

Hi I sent my daughters renewal application in on 18/4. Target date was 7/5.
    The green progress bar filled up by the 7th, but when I check now it's emptied a bit! Says it is still being processed.
    Any ideas why?
    It should have been a simple renewal, people saying they're getting theirs in days but not us!
    Any info much appreciated, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

So I completed my online passport renewal on Sunday night and was impressed when I got it back today. That was however until I opened the passport and saw my photo...I know they fade them to be more black and white but my picture is extremely faded to the point my face is so white you can't see my features. My hair looks black (it's not in real life) and my eyes look almost silver. I basically look like a ghost. Looking at my old passport here but the fading is nowhere near this extreme. Anyone else with a new passport experience this? Tia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

roundone wrote: »
    Hi I sent my daughters renewal application in on 18/4. Target date was 7/5.
    The green progress bar filled up by the 7th, but when I check now it's emptied a bit! Says it is still being processed.
    Any ideas why?
    It should have been a simple renewal, people saying they're getting theirs in days but not us!
    Any info much appreciated, thanks.

Mine did the same, same date there but the bar emptied a bit. Mine is a first application though and they said they won’t be finished those until June. There’s still a backlog of other applications. Previously if everything was in order and a simple renewal they’ll issue but other than that they won’t…. I have never done a renewal for a child but do they call you for consent again for a renewal? That’s the only reason I can think of

Ellie1988 wrote: »
    So I completed my online passport renewal on Sunday night and was impressed when I got it back today. That was however until I opened the passport and saw my photo...I know they fade them to be more black and white but my picture is extremely faded to the point my face is so white you can't see my features. My hair looks black (it's not in real life) and my eyes look almost silver. I basically look like a ghost. Looking at my old passport here but the fading is nowhere near this extreme. Anyone else with a new passport experience this? Tia

Mine was a renewal and I applied in early April and it did the same thing that you described. I actually thought I imagined it. It may take a few weeks for the black log to be cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭notAMember

I submitted Irish passport renewal in early April, still not back with me. Dual citizenship, submitted the British renewal two weeks ago (via an post) and have it back today.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

OK so is maybe a feature of the newer passports? I was on the chat online to them earlier telling them I was concerned about it and all haha

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Hi everyone does anyone know if the tracker is accurate? I sent in my documents last week to put an observation in my passport, and now when I track my passport is says processing and estimate delivery date is next week! Are these estimates any way accurate?

Cookiee wrote: »
    Hi everyone does anyone know if the tracker is accurate? I sent in my documents last week to put an observation in my passport, and now when I track my passport is says processing and estimate delivery date is next week! Are these estimates any way accurate?

They aren’t for a lot of people in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Did online passport renewal last Wednesday says it’s processing I need it before Friday what my chances
    Says 5 days on there site yet on this it says should be ready for the 25th .
    Any one have it on 5 days recently I understand it’s over covid backlog

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Did online passport renewal last Wednesday says it’s processing I need it before Friday what my chances

I applied on the 8th of April and it’s still processing.
    If it’s some type of necessary passport I’d say you should contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

mcriot29 wrote: »

I ordered my mother’s renewal thursday 6th may. She got it on tuesday 11th. Once you get a post office tracking number youll be in business.

• Advertisement

Quick question, if there’s an issue with your application they will contact you about it?

Advertisement