Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Arbuckle

Caranica wrote: »
    Lost passports take longer because they have to do extra security checks. An Irish passport is a very valuable document in terms of international access and they do put work into checking if the passport has ended up in the wrong hands.

Do you know roughly how long

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Arbuckle wrote: »

Not at present times.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Might be 6-8 weeks since that's a more complex renewal

Cookiee wrote: »
    Might be 6-8 weeks since that's a more complex renewal

Meant to be in work in Warsaw in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

yenom wrote: »
    Renewals where you don't do something like spell your name wrong or have a bad photograph is three days.

That’s not true I’m nearly two weeks waiting now and I have had no issues with mine my photos etc all fine
    If not surly they would have emailed me by now .
    Mine was a straight forward renewal online

• Advertisement

Huge backlog I doubt you will have one in two weeks

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Huge backlog I doubt you will have one in two weeks

Will be an interesting call to my boss tomorrow so.

Have you lost one before? If so, chances are very slim. If not, contact a local TD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

How long is current wait time for online applications.
    That’s not true I’m nearly two weeks waiting now and I have had no issues with mine my photos etc all fine
    If not surly they would have emailed me by now .
    Mine was a straight forward renewal online

It was true for me, applied last Sunday evening and was in with the post on Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

passport renewal site down?

• Advertisement

zweton wrote: »
    passport renewal site down?

Yes, they announced it yesterday. Technical maintenance. Due back at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Due to be issued today is my message since Jan. What are the chances of this happening?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Due to be issued today is my message since Jan. What are the chances of this happening?

Unlikely, the estimate times seem to be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Hi Guys,

What do you make of this child passport application renewal ?

Applied weeks ago and sent the documentation in.

Have been assuming the alert is because they have not yet collected the post and processed it. Has anyone else had children's passports renewed recently or can throw any light on the matter ?

They're almost impossible to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Jacovs

The alert is the first initial stage. When they reopened they collected the supporting docs so now its at the next stage of processing. The estimated date means nothing, they will get to it when they get to it. Or they will be in contact if they require anything else from you.

Jacovs wrote: »
    The alert is the first initial stage. When they reopened they collected the supporting docs so now its at the next stage of processing. The estimated date means nothing, they will get to it when they get to it. Or they will be in contact if they require anything else from you.

Thanks. So you are saying from the image that the "Processing Application" status for today means that they have at least opened the letter and are processing the enclosed documents ?

Hi Guys,

What do you make of this child passport application renewal ?

Applied weeks ago and sent the documentation in.

Have been assuming the alert is because they have not yet collected the post and processed it. Has anyone else had children's passports renewed recently or can throw any light on the matter ?

They're almost impossible to contact.

The current status is processing, which means they have scanned the barcode on your application letter and now it's waiting in a queue to have a human look over the documents (my status is the same and I asked customer service what has happened and they said it's waiting for a person to actually look over the documents, but it's in a big queue)

The current status is processing, which means they have scanned the barcode on your application letter and now it's waiting in a queue to have a human look over the documents (my status is the same and I asked customer service what has happened and they said it's waiting for a person to actually look over the documents, but it's in a big queue)

Don't suppose you've any idea of timescales ? When sending it in back in March thought there would be loads of time but the weeks are passing by fast.

Don't suppose you've any idea of timescales ? When sending it in back in March thought there would be loads of time but the weeks are passing by fast.

I applied start of April and was told atleast 3-4 weeks for my application, considering no one actually checked the documents yet (I was told 3-4 weeks last week)

I applied start of April and was told atleast 3-4 weeks for my application, considering no one actually checked the documents yet (I was told 3-4 weeks last week)

Wife just go on via web chat and it looks like we could have it by the end of the week. Looks like they finally got their skates on and are ploughing through them.

• Advertisement

There were mixed messages with the application back in March. On one hand the system said don't send in the paper work yet as it was not being processed. But in the next sentence they said if you've already sent it in it will be kept safe until they can start processing again. On reading that we just sent the stuff in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,243 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I received mine. I was alerted to the issue about my photo on Thursday. Sent in a new one right away. Yesterday Afternoon it was still processing. It must have changed fairly fast.
    Only issue is I used look like an adorable school child now I look like a serial killer.

Wife just go on via web chat and it looks like we could have it by the end of the week. Looks like they finally got their skates on and are ploughing through them.

Wow that's great, do keep us updated!

I received mine. I was alerted to the issue about my photo on Thursday. Sent in a new one right away. Yesterday Afternoon it was still processing. It must have changed fairly fast.
    Only issue is I used look like an adorable school child now I look like a serial killer.

Damn I hope my picture gets accepted I actually like it for once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭davehey79

It's back working apprently after about 2 weeks of it not working https://twitter.com/PassportIRL/status/1395420818004496384?s=19

i contacted them again yesterday and asked about the NEW RESUBMISSION links being available and was told even though their twitter said they were back that they were in fact not back.

2021-05-24 10:50:08 | Me: I saw at weekend that re\-submission links were back
    2021-05-24 10:50:23 | Me: is it possible to get one sent to me asap
    2021-05-24 10:50:28 | Agent: There not im afraid
    2021-05-24 10:51:00 | Agent: It crashed again so there out of action
    2021-05-24 10:51:19 | Me: is it possible to get refunded and we can start again
    2021-05-24 10:52:14 | Agent: whats your date of birth and address and ill add it to the cancellation list
    2021-05-24 10:52:21 | Agent: It will take 8 weeks to be refunded

Update they called me yesterday asking did I want my forename removed as I had it on last one but did not want it on this one.
    So they said they should have it out to me in 10 working days .
    Shows no one even looked at it till yesterday that was two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

If it helps anyone’s time frame, I applied for my mum’s online on 11th May, on 24th I got an email asking for clarification as I stupidly put in her maiden name rather than her mother’s in that section so it didn’t match to the last application. Straight away I replied with confirmation of what it should be, and it was posted the next day (yesterday). Presuming it’ll be delivered today. So even with a mistake by me it took two weeks.

Update they called me yesterday asking did I want my forename removed as I had it on last one but did not want it on this one.
    So they said they should have it out to me in 10 working days .
    Shows no one even looked at it till yesterday that was two weeks.

I'm also removing a forename, I haven't been contacted it so I doubt they looked at mine yet

Has anyone had a child passport back yet?

I applied for my own and 2 childrens on 28th of April. My own arrived today (change from maiden to married name) but no sign of the childrens renewals.

• Advertisement

Just got a phone call there from the passport office, she wanted to confirm that I don't want to include one of my forenames on my passport, and also that I want an observation, and should have my passport by next week! (Applied start of April)

Advertisement