Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

McSween wrote: »
    I ordered my mother’s renewal thursday 6th may. She got it on tuesday 11th. Once you get a post office tracking number youll be in business.

They give you a post tracking number once it's dispatched is it?

Quick question, if there’s an issue with your application they will contact you about it?

They contact by email if there's a problem, also if there's a problem it will show when you track your application

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

I applied on the 8th of April and it’s still processing.
    If it’s some type of necessary passport I’d say you should contact them.

Has your changed status on the tracking yet printing etc
    It’s it’s not for travel it’s for I’d for a bank issue and I need it sorted this week

• Registered Users Posts: 30,258 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Has your changed status on the tracking yet printing etc
    It’s it’s not for travel it’s for I’d for a bank issue and I need it sorted this week

Nope, it's still processing. I have idea how the system is working because some peoples seem to be a lot faster.
    I'd say you men need to try and contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

Cookiee wrote: »
    They give you a post tracking number once it's dispatched is it?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 roundone

Nope, it's still processing. I have idea how the system is working because some peoples seem to be a lot faster.
    I'd say you men need to try and contact them.

How do you contact them? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I have been onto the Web Chat with them twice and both times there was an excuse to not be able to reissue the parents consent forms for my kids passports. (I wasnt able to access the link and print them initially- raging over that)
    First it was Level 5, then the systems were down so they couldn't send them.
    So they said I have to contact them again....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stanbowles99

Anyone tried to contact passport office via webchat today. It seems to have a permanent 'Webchat too busy, try later' message on.

Anyone tried to contact passport office via webchat today. It seems to have a permanent 'Webchat too busy, try later' message on.

I manage to get onto them once I keep refreshing the page, once it turns green I quickly put my details in and wait in queue

Hi everyone just to let you all know their phone lines are back open! So you can now call customer service, they opened yesterday, working 9am-4:30pm at +353 1 671 1633

• Advertisement

Cookiee wrote: »
    Hi everyone does anyone know if the tracker is accurate? I sent in my documents last week to put an observation in my passport, and now when I track my passport is says processing and estimate delivery date is next week! Are these estimates any way accurate?

Talked to them today about it and they said the tracking estimate of receiving my passport this week is inaccurate and I will receive it in 3/4 weeks, they said it's still in the queue and a human hasn't actually checked it yet, so my picture etc could still be denied, so if there's any problems with it they will email me when they look at it. So yeah 3/4 weeks wait for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭davehey79

Update on my situation !!
    Did my partners renewal on the 10th of May.
    Submitted 4 pics all failed due to lighting before we got a better one and was accepted paid €75 all good.
    Next day email came to her inbox saying pic failed.
    Anyways more pics taken and clicked re-submission link and not working
    Contacted chat last Thursday (13th) and was told re-submission links will be re-issued the relevant email address the next day Friday 14th.
    Fast forward to today still no link so spent about 45mins waiting in a queue for the Webchat
    Following is the transcript (personal details removed)
    2021-05-18 10:55:54 | System: You are now connected to Katie.
    2021-05-18 10:55:58 | ME: Hi
    2021-05-18 10:56:13 | Agent: Thank you for contacting the Passport Office. My name is Katie. How may I help you today?
    2021-05-18 10:56:23 | ME: I had a resubmission link that wouldn't work
    2021-05-18 10:56:37 | ME: And last week contacted chat who said id get a new one Friday gone by
    2021-05-18 10:56:39 | ME: But never did
    2021-05-18 10:56:49 | ME: Application Number: XXXXXXXXXX
    2021-05-18 10:56:55 | ME: TXXXXX XXXXXXXXXN
    2021-05-18 10:57:02 | ME: XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com
    2021-05-18 10:57:54 | Agent: I am afraid we cannot send links at present. If you have not received one in the next week or so, contact us again and we will try to issue a new link
    2021-05-18 10:58:15 | ME: So how do i get my passport process moving again
    2021-05-18 10:58:20 | ME: I've paid the 75€
    2021-05-18 10:58:33 | ME: And im now sitting with no link and money taken from account
    2021-05-18 10:58:51 | Agent: You will have to wait for the link I'm afraid. I understand how frustrating it is
    2021-05-18 10:59:03 | ME: Is there a time frame on "links" wait time
    2021-05-18 11:00:29 | Agent: Unfortunately we don't not at the moment, XXXXX. Our system is down so I'm afraid there is not much clarity I can give you at the moment. Again, I understand your frustration with the service, but as we have only resumed services, we are trying our best to get through the backlog as soon as we can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

Did you take pictures yourself? If so, why not just a pharmacy to do online ones for you

davehey79 wrote: »
    Update on my situation !!
    Did my partners renewal on the 10th of May.
    Submitted 4 pics all failed due to lighting before we got a better one and was accepted paid €75 all good.
    Next day email came to her inbox saying pic failed.
    Anyways more pics taken and clicked re-submission link and not working
    Contacted chat last Thursday (13th) and was told re-submission links will be re-issued the relevant email address the next day Friday 14th.
    Fast forward to today still no link so spent about 45mins waiting in a queue for the Webchat
    Following is the transcript (personal details removed)
    2021-05-18 10:55:54 | System: You are now connected to Katie.
    2021-05-18 10:55:58 | ME: Hi
    2021-05-18 10:56:13 | Agent: Thank you for contacting the Passport Office. My name is Katie. How may I help you today?
    2021-05-18 10:56:23 | ME: I had a resubmission link that wouldn't work
    2021-05-18 10:56:37 | ME: And last week contacted chat who said id get a new one Friday gone by
    2021-05-18 10:56:39 | ME: But never did
    2021-05-18 10:56:49 | ME: Application Number: XXXXXXXXXX
    2021-05-18 10:56:55 | ME: TXXXXX XXXXXXXXXN
    2021-05-18 10:57:02 | ME: XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com
    2021-05-18 10:57:54 | Agent: I am afraid we cannot send links at present. If you have not received one in the next week or so, contact us again and we will try to issue a new link
    2021-05-18 10:58:15 | ME: So how do i get my passport process moving again
    2021-05-18 10:58:20 | ME: I've paid the 75€
    2021-05-18 10:58:33 | ME: And im now sitting with no link and money taken from account
    2021-05-18 10:58:51 | Agent: You will have to wait for the link I'm afraid. I understand how frustrating it is
    2021-05-18 10:59:03 | ME: Is there a time frame on "links" wait time
    2021-05-18 11:00:29 | Agent: Unfortunately we don't not at the moment, XXXXX. Our system is down so I'm afraid there is not much clarity I can give you at the moment. Again, I understand your frustration with the service, but as we have only resumed services, we are trying our best to get through the backlog as soon as we can

Yup check their twitter https://twitter.com/PassportIRL?s=09 everyone's having issues with links! Been down for a week or two unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Had a one working day turnaround for an adult, online, standard, no name changes, never lost a passport, renewal. Submitted on Sunday evening and was delivered in the post this morning.

From the passport office tracker; the estimated issue date is the 27th of May.

Yesterday
    17/05/2021
    Dispatched
    Your Passport Book was posted on 17/05/2021

Yesterday
    17/05/2021
    Printing
    Your Passport Book is being printed. Any\all documents submitted will be returned separately

2 days ago
    16/05/2021
    Processing application
    Your application is being processed

Had a one working day turnaround for an adult, online, standard, no name changes, never lost a passport, renewal. Submitted on Sunday evening and was delivered in the post this morning.

From the passport office tracker; the estimated issue date is the 27th of May.

Yesterday
    17/05/2021

Dispatched
    Your Passport Book was posted on 17/05/2021

Yesterday
    17/05/2021
    Printing
    Your Passport Book is being printed. Any\all documents submitted will be returned separately

2 days ago
    16/05/2021
    Processing application
    Your application is being processed

I submitted my online same as you last Wednesday how come you got yours faster then me that’s crazy mines still processing

mcriot29 wrote: »
    I submitted my online same as you last Wednesday how come you got yours faster then me that’s crazy mines still processing

Honestly seems at random! There's people waiting for march/April simple renewal applications and still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

Applied for renewal of adult passport online and found it super efficient.

Application submitted 15:17 Monday afternoon 17 May.

Tracker service indicated target issue date of 28th May.

Passport was delivered by An Post Express this morning Wednesday 19 May 9am.

Total time from application to delivery was under 42 hours. Very impressive indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roundone

I finally got through on webchat.

Told her the target date has passed by more than 2 weeks.
    She said, ignore the dates, look at the tracker.
    I told her the tracker filled up and then emptied a bit again.
    She said, ignore the tracker, look at the words!
    The words say "processing", they never change.
    OK I said, but can you tell me if there's any issue with my application? Can you see it in front of you?
    You just have to wait she says!

So, basically I'm still none the wiser after wasting hours trying to get through to someone.

Kinda farcical at this stage.

Issue with my photo hopefully the resubmission will work.
    Anybody have experience with how long they take to get back to you after this issue?

• Advertisement

Issue with my photo hopefully the resubmission will work.
    Anybody have experience with how long they take to get back to you after this issue?

It's back working apprently after about 2 weeks of it not working https://twitter.com/PassportIRL/status/1395420818004496384?s=19

I only got the email Today. So, hopefully it will be okay.

I only got the email Today. So, hopefully it will be okay.

How long did they take to email you mine is due on the 25th doubt it will come must be a issue with mine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Arbuckle

How can I get in contact with passport office. No webchst anymore and the phone is closed. I lost my passport and need one for 3 weeks time.

Anyone know what this means
    The Passport Service is continuing to process Passport Online applications. Our priority is to process all Passport Online applications received prior to 29 April within 6-8 weeks.

The issue related to resubmission links has been resolved. If you received a link between 28 April and 19 May 2021, this will be reactivated by 27 May. We will notify you by e-mail when it is reactivated.

I put mine in around the 12th of may does this mean I need to wait for a email from them and do it again or what link are they on about

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

If you didnt get an email with a link you've nothing to worry about. The link is to submit further information.

How long is current wait time for online applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Arbuckle wrote: »
    How long is current wait time for online applications.

Renewals where you don't do something like spell your name wrong or have a bad photograph is three days.

yenom wrote: »
    Renewals where you don't do something like spell your name wrong or have a bad photograph is three days.

Is that the same as lost passports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Arbuckle wrote: »
    Is that the same as lost passports

Lost passports take longer because they have to do extra security checks. An Irish passport is a very valuable document in terms of international access and they do put work into checking if the passport has ended up in the wrong hands.

Advertisement