Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Cookiee wrote: »
    I'm also removing a forename, I haven't been contacted it so I doubt they looked at mine yet

Got a call today about my forename removal, and should receive passport next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Got a call today about my forename removal, and should receive passport next week!

Told me 10 working days called me yesterday so doubt we will have next week

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Told me 10 working days called me yesterday so doubt we will have next week

Well that's what she said, I'll just wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Applied for mine on Sunday and have it now. Possibly arrived even earlier as I haven’t checked post this week

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Well that's what she said, I'll just wait and see

Just tracked mine it’s on way been posted today

• Advertisement

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Just tracked mine it’s on way been posted today

Brilliant! They really seem to be getting through applications now

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Application received
    09/11/2020
    Estimated* issue date
    04/05/2021

Thats a childs first passport.

Just got a phone call there from the passport office, she wanted to confirm that I don't want to include one of my forenames on my passport, and also that I want an observation, and should have my passport by next week! (Applied start of April)

Just tracked my passport and it's now being printed, so I say it's coming very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Did you have to provide any additional paperwork regarding the removal of a forename?
    Just got a phone call there from the passport office, she wanted to confirm that I don't want to include one of my forenames on my passport, and also that I want an observation, and should have my passport by next week! (Applied start of April)

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    Did you have to provide any additional paperwork regarding the removal of a forename?

For removal of a forename I just didn't include it in my application, I just included my first name and left the other name out (the name I removed is one of my middle names) and then yesterday they called me to confirm that I'm just having one forename and I said yes and they started printing it now!.

Im also getting an observation on page 3 of my passport to feature my birth cert name, so I sent my birth cert for that, but it's not required to remove a forename

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Wow that's great, do keep us updated!

It arrived yesterday

Just tracked my passport and it's now being printed, so I say it's coming very soon!

And now it's dispatched! Good turn around, they only called me yesterday to confirm my details (orginally applied at the start of April though, so they're getting through the back log)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭davehey79

davehey79 wrote: »
    i contacted them again yesterday and asked about the NEW RESUBMISSION links being available and was told even though their twitter said they were back that they were in fact not back.

2021-05-24 10:50:08 | Me: I saw at weekend that re\-submission links were back
    2021-05-24 10:50:23 | Me: is it possible to get one sent to me asap
    2021-05-24 10:50:28 | Agent: There not im afraid
    2021-05-24 10:51:00 | Agent: It crashed again so there out of action
    2021-05-24 10:51:19 | Me: is it possible to get refunded and we can start again
    2021-05-24 10:52:14 | Agent: whats your date of birth and address and ill add it to the cancellation list
    2021-05-24 10:52:21 | Agent: It will take 8 weeks to be refunded

After all my enquiries about getting a resubmission link. Came home this evening and was an ExpressPost envelope with my Passport in it and the Application Tracking jumped to processed and delivered. I now have no idea why it failed and asked for re submission of a photo

My passport came today, anyone elses photo really faded? Like I look like a ghost, the picture is so light even though the picture I submitted isn't. I assuming it's fine since they sent it to me!

I also have dark hair and in the picture it's almost white, when usually my hair looks dark grey/black in my passport picture

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cookiee, I'm the exact same- you can barely see my features at all, I'm so pale in the photo. On the other hand, it makes me look flawless. :pac:

Ellie1988 posted the same thing a couple of pages back, saying she looks like a ghost!

Anyway, got my passport today!

I applied April 24th- got a notification on 10th May that there was an issue with my photograph.
    Ignored notification, never got around to submitting another photo. Then today, it arrived with my submitted photo! :confused:
    Feck it, can't complain though- it's here. :)

Posy wrote: »
    Cookiee, I'm the exact same- you can barely see my features at all, I'm so pale in the photo. On the other hand, it makes me look flawless. :pac:

Ellie1988 posted the same thing a couple of pages back, saying she looks like a ghost!

Anyway, got my passport today!

I applied April 24th- got a notification on 10th May that there was an issue with my photograph.
    Ignored notification, never got around to submitting another photo. Then today, it arrived with my submitted photo! :confused:
    Feck it, can't complain though- it's here. :)

Ah ok glad I'm not alone, must be fine since they're sending them out like that! Yeah also cannot seem my features, like my nose is not visible! Can't see the shadow of the sides of my nose or anything, oh well at least it's here.

Border control will obviously accept it since it was good enough for the passport office to issue it!.

I never got a problem with my picture it was submitted first time no need to resubmit, that's mad they sent yours anyway after asking for a new picture, but must be grand then!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Applied late Tuesday night to renew online, nearly fell over when I received it by post this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I'm in the UK, Totally forgot about my passport expiry being early June.

Having read all the info on the website I was dreading not having it for quite some time and scuppering my plans to get home and visit when I finally can.

I submitted my application through the online system on the 21st and got in through my door on the 27th. Over the moon to say the least.

Ordered the book and the card, the card is to follow.

Delighted with that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

is online the best way to renew at the moment?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    is online the best way to renew at the moment?

Yeah online is the only and best way, because at the moment paper applications are paused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Passport arrived this morning!
    Applied in April, was one that was moving along nicely, then that green bar yoke went backwards. Still says it's processing and due the 10th of May!
    Arrived this morning with no warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭davehey79

Ah ok glad I'm not alone, must be fine since they're sending them out like that! Yeah also cannot seem my features, like my nose is not visible! Can't see the shadow of the sides of my nose or anything, oh well at least it's here.

Border control will obviously accept it since it was good enough for the passport office to issue it!.

I never got a problem with my picture it was submitted first time no need to resubmit, that's mad they sent yours anyway after asking for a new picture, but must be grand then!

had meant to say that in my post !! picture looks like casper the ghost !
    We also never got to resubmit the pic having being asked to do so yet passport showed up anyways. like yourself and another poster here assume passport is all ok since they printed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Considering renewing my sons passport as he will need it for ID e.g. driving license, it is expired, he is currently 17, will be 18 in December.

Looking at the online website FAQs, it seems:

https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/onlinefaqs/

Do I need to have my child’s identity verified if I use ‘Passport Online’?

Yes, at the end of the online process, a Child Passport Identity and Consent Form will be generated. You will need to print this form and have your child’s identity verified by an appropriate witness. In Ireland, a member of An Garda Siochana has to witness all first time applications. For renewals, it is no longer necessary to have a member of An Garda Síochána verify your child’s identity .

So if a Garda is not needed for renewal, is it one of the following?

https://www.dfa.ie/passports/how-to-get-your-application-witnessed/

• School principal/vice principal / Teacher, School Secretary, Pre-school manager, Montessori teacher
    • Member of clergy
    • Medical doctor
    • Lawyer
    • Bank manager/assistant bank manager or Credit Union Manager or Assistant Manager
    • Elected public representative
    • Notary public/ commissioner for oaths
    • Peace commissioner
    • Accountant
    • Dentist
    • Vet
    • Nurse
    • Physiotherapist
    • Speech Therapist
    • Lecturer
    • Pharmacist
    • Chartered Engineer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Considering renewing my sons passport as he will need it for ID e.g. driving license, it is expired, he is currently 17, will be 18 in December.

Looking at the online website FAQs, it seems:

https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/onlinefaqs/

Do I need to have my child’s identity verified if I use ‘Passport Online’?

Yes, at the end of the online process, a Child Passport Identity and Consent Form will be generated. You will need to print this form and have your child’s identity verified by an appropriate witness. In Ireland, a member of An Garda Siochana has to witness all first time applications. For renewals, it is no longer necessary to have a member of An Garda Síochána verify your child’s identity .

So if a Garda is not needed for renewal, is it one of the following?

https://www.dfa.ie/passports/how-to-get-your-application-witnessed/

• School principal/vice principal / Teacher, School Secretary, Pre-school manager, Montessori teacher
    • Member of clergy
    • Medical doctor
    • Lawyer
    • Bank manager/assistant bank manager or Credit Union Manager or Assistant Manager
    • Elected public representative
    • Notary public/ commissioner for oaths
    • Peace commissioner
    • Accountant
    • Dentist
    • Vet
    • Nurse
    • Physiotherapist
    • Speech Therapist
    • Lecturer
    • Pharmacist
    • Chartered Engineer

Just means it doesn't have to be a Garda for any other application after the first time. It can be a Garda but doesn't have to be and can be any witness on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Does anyone know how to cancel an application, mine went through as a 1st time passport requiring documentation when all I wanted was a renewal.
    So I want to cancel this application, get a refund and then resubmit as a renewal

webchat and phone is closed so no joy there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Just got an email from a no-reply@dfa.ie advising that there is an issue with my application.

they want me to '...submit my ORIGINAL long form Civil Birth to verify your county of birth..., and post it to a PO Box in Balbriggan Co. Dublin K32 AE72

Is it a scam????? Seems strange as have gone thru at least 2 passports applications in past 20 years so cant see how there is now a problem??

Any thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

Not a scam, they are based in Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roundone

Just got my child's renewed passport in the post. Delighted as the website still shows it is being processed and the green box is still not filled up.
    It took since April 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Would you feel safe booking a holiday for late July if applying for a Passport today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Would you feel safe booking a holiday for late July if applying for a Passport today?
    if applying for a new passport where paperwork needs to be assessed and manually processed it could be tight .

if just renewing online, paperless, you could have the passport in your hand by the weekend.

Advertisement