Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masters 2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Feeling sorry for poor Desislava now, having to put all these balls back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Bozhi under pressure here after last night’s antics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

To be fair play moved on very quickly. Higgins was at the table on his next shot in a few seconds. I think the comment from JV and the marker shaking his head at it in response was a few moments after play had resumed. So the opportunity to stop play had passed and in fairness to the marker he may only have seen replays subsequent to play resuming.

Fair enough, point taken. I didnt mean to be critical of the officials themselves, because i believe it is the responsibility of the wpbsa not just to introduce the rule but also to ensure proper application of it and not sure that is happening.

Some high quality snooker in this frame from both players. Stark difference in standard from the dross served up last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Cracking match so far. Gilbert is a class act. It's hard to believe he's never won a title.

Cracking match so far. Gilbert is a class act. It's hard to believe he's never won a title.

Has the ability for sure, getting over the line is the question mark. Remember that final he played against williams a few years ago, think he was 8-4 up or something and lost 9-8. I imagine those kind of things leave mental scars.

Enjoyed that interview with Maguire there. It’s a cliche but he seems genuinely down to earth. Absolutely no interest in fame or social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Had to turn over to the BBC as Joe Johnson never stops talking. A terrible commentator imo. Sometimes saying nothing is the right thing. He tries to explain the most mundane shots that a 2 year old would understand. Time for a bit of Doherty and Virgo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Enjoyed that interview with Maguire there. It’s a cliche but he seems genuinely down to earth. Absolutely no interest in fame or social media.

Yeah Steve agreeing with him. Although Steve is on twitter a bit with his DJing. Provides a good excuse not to engage with it. Well if it's good enough for the nugget....

• Advertisement

Twitter is a pox. Remember judd tweeting from his dressing room during the mid session interval at the crucible a few years back, having a go at dominic dale if memory serves. Crazy stuff.

Nice steal by Gibert who moves into a 4-1 lead. Maguire looking very angry and can only blame himself for throwing that frame away.

Dave had got a bit sloppy, bit careless of maguire not to nail that frame when he had his chance.

Yeah Steve agreeing with him. Although Steve is on twitter a bit with his DJing. Provides a good excuse not to engage with it. Well if it's good enough for the nugget....

Still can’t get my head around the fact that Steve Davis, of all people, is a DJ.

That was bad shot choice by dave, took on a 2 in 10 pot at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Still can’t get my head around the fact that Steve Davis, of all people, is a DJ.

He was playing in Dublin a couple of weeks back with a "band"

Sounds like noise to me! https://twitter.com/i/status/1213449303496286208

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Inviere

_feedback_ wrote: »
    He was playing in Dublin a couple of weeks back with a "band"

Sounds like noise to me!

Christ that is bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭tanko

I wouldn't call her useless, but I think her comparative inexperience has shown up a few times this week.

Gilbert and Maguire on now. Gilbert at the table in the first frame.

Fair enough, useless wasn't a good word to use.

Stephen Maguire rope a dope strategy kicking in again here? Dave has been a bit ropey so a couple of frames and you never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I actually quite liked the album

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

Great performance from Dave Gilbert , a much improved player over recent seasons.

• Advertisement

Maguire angry interview with Rod Walker. Simple question of does he think Gilbert can go on and win , ' dont care who wins it now because i'm out' and barges his way past him. Try and lose with a morsel of dignity as he should be used to the taste of defeat by now. Just no class imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

Maguire angry interview with Rod Walker. Simple question of does he think Gilbert can go on and win , ' dont care who wins it now because i'm out' and barges his way past him. Try and lose with a morsel of dignity as he should be used to the taste of defeat by now. Just no class imo.

That’s Maguire for you, beaten by the better player, albeit he did have his chances, but at least have the decency to wish Gilbert all the best even if he doesn’t mean it.

I certainly found nothing wrong with the interview anyway, but then i generally like maguire so maybe that colours my view. Do we want players in the bitter moment of defeat just to utter some meaningless platitudes and move on or would we prefer them to be honest and say exactly whats on their mind like maguire did there? I find him kind of refreshing for the most part anyway. He's negative about himself more than anything or anybody else, thats always been his big problem imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

This is a new trend by the BBC isn't it - interviewing the looser. I'm not surprised McGuire was annoyed with the line of questioning by the rather shrill Rob Walker; "That was a great opening break by Gilbert..." he started off with, as if to rub McGuire's nose in it. I though it was rather funny the way McGuire honestly said he couldn't care less who wins it. Why would he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The Nal wrote: »
    I actually quite liked the album

His band's album got fairly good reviews last year. You'd only go if you were into krautrock, prog, trance etc. and knew what you'd be getting. Might have gone out of curiousity if I knew it was on. Can imagine Ken there rolling his eyes at it.

Foulds and Ronnie didn't seem too impressed with Kyren Wilson's game. Ronnie said he's too wooden and Foulds muttered something about neutrals not liking his game and he seems to have a different cue action every time he sees him. He's certainly not a natural, flowing player but he's hard to beat. Hope Bingham beats him.

Would agree with O’Sullivan his cue action and stance are very rigid and mechanical, like Selby. The exact opposite of the likes of Murphy and Gilbert, very stylish techniques.

Wilson would be well suited to playing in the 70s and 80s. Another grinder to.add to that era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I like Wilson, as Hendry said in commentary he's toned down his attacking, go for everything, approach because it wasn't working for him. Now he's top 8 and winning the odd trophy. Plus he's from Northants, so fupp the haters :pac:

Would love to see Gilbert win the whole thing though, just seems like such a decent bloke.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Almost half hour since last pot......that can’t be right ....I just switched on

• Advertisement

Two - nil to the Grinder.

Wilson not my favourite player for sure but admire his grit and determination. Better potter than selby i think, but can be a bit suspect under pressure.

Bingham, with an outrageous opening fluke on the black, pulls one back. 1-2.

BBC's snooker coverage ends so we can watch "Monty Don" talk about flowers for an hour.

BBC's snooker coverage ends so we can watch "Monty Don" talk about flowers for an hour.

It's on BBC Red Button station. Have you got that?

tanko wrote: »
    It's on BBC Red Button station. Have you got that?

Yeah I've switched over, would prefer to be watching in HD though.

I dont have BBC red button option so Eurosport it is. Hendon and Foulds great combo.

Wtf was that shot on the green from bingham?

The way Wilson rubs his cue up and down before every single shot is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Wtf was that shot on the green from bingham?

Bingham is playing some shocking stuff, he'll be delighted if he's goes 2-2. Wilson hasn't been a whole lot better tho.

Its very tense out there. Dont think we've had a post midnight finish yet but this definitely a possibility as long as wilson doesnt run away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Its very tense out there. Dont think we've had a post midnight finish yet but this definitely a possibility as long as wilson doesnt run away with it.

Don't think Wilson will. Think this could very well go all the way.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

If Wilson can get his act together at all i think he'll win easily. Bingham hasn't settled at all, next frame is crucial for him to win.

Don't think Wilson will. Think this could very well go all the way.

If you're right then i think we're looking at 1am finish. Next frame could be critical alright.

Colin Murray saying he'd like to streak at the Masters as it would be liberating. Wtf?

• Advertisement

Binghams head will explode if Wilson clears up here.

Bingham has been poor. Foulds said he cannot remember the last time he played well. He's gone off the boil bigtime.

Good clear up but bingham should be shot for that shot on the black. The frame was won! Foulds is right, been terrible for ages now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Good clear up but bingham should be shot for that shot on the black. The frame was won! Foulds is right, been terrible for ages now.
    Lucky player, nickname says it all, Ballrun Bingham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Missed the first half of the last frame, just got back to the tv as Wilson was clearing up. Can’t see Bingham winning now

• Advertisement
Advertisement