Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Poor second frame from trump i thought, trying that plant was him at his reckless worst. No need to be getting carried away like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Shaun Murphy consistently running out of position after making 20-30. Can’t beat Trump doing that.

All that investment and effort gone into the new arena setup and they’ve got a noisy floorboard which the players and referee are stepping on every 15 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Trump misses an easy black and Murphy clears up to lead 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

After a brain fart miss by Murphy (misses so many stupid shots) Trump turns on the style and turns crowd pleaser with another ton. That stupid miss may be the match's turning point.

• Advertisement

Murphy's loss of focus is costing him here.

Trump plays a couple of desperately poor safeties and Murphy is in looking to make it 3-3.

Apart from the couple of big breaks, judd hasnt been good. So casual, like he's forgotten all the lessons of good matchplay he's learned over the previous few years.

Apart from the couple of big breaks, judd hasnt been good. So casual, like he's forgotten all the lessons of good matchplay he's learned over the previous few years.

Yeah Trump is there for the taking, but both players are making so many basic errors. Impossible to call this match.

Its an underdogs dream so far this week. Any chance of a higher seed stepping up to the plate? World num 1 Judd are you up to the task?

• Advertisement

Did Murphy intend to pot that red? Amazing shot if so.

That was good from murphy to be fair.

Great clearance there by Murphy to lead 5-3.

Trump needs to win 3-0 now to remain in the Masters. By golly if i had backed all 5 outsiders thus far i may even have been able to afford a few hours in Temple Bar tonight.

Did Murphy intend to pot that red? Amazing shot if so.

I think he did. Shot to nothing at the very least. Mightnt have expected to get it but red always heading towards pocket as davis pointed out.

What the hell shot was that from trump? Lucky to get away with it.

What the hell shot was that from trump? Lucky to get away with it.

Will Murphy hold it together? You'd have to say he will.

Will Murphy hold it together? You'd have to say he will.

On a plate now. Judd just off colour today, in fact been out of sorts a little while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

This tournament isn't as important to players as it once was. Its not even a top 3 tournament anymore.

Its the ranking tournaments that means the most.

This tournament isn't as important to players as it once was. Its not even a top 3 tournament anymore.

Its the ranking tournaments that means the most.

Perhaps, but is is still prestigious and always will be. Bit of a downer to have those top 5 players gone already but time for others to get their name etched on that silverware and snooker folklore.

• Advertisement

Murphy got stronger as the match went on, deserved winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'd say the bookies are cleaning up this week.

Good interview here and nice shout out for Fergal O'Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

The favorite (higher seed) has lost in every match so far.

Glenman wrote: »
    The favorite (higher seed) has lost in every match so far.

The higher-ranked players aren't a given in the remaining matches, either. John Higgins and Mark Williams have looked shaky of late. Jack Lisowski showed in the Scottish Open that he has the game to beat nearly anyone.

Remaining matches look very even. Not sure who's favourite in betting between Williams and Bingham. The latter has appeared in 9 masters and lost in first round in 8 of them so couldnt be backing him anyway. Just doesnt seem to like the place.

Williams has lost in the first round of the Masters three out of the last four years. The only reason he's still so highly ranked is because of his World Championship win in 2018. His recent form hasn't been at all impressive. So I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bingham beat him.

Bingham is ever so slightly bookies favourite so definitely won't be a shock if he wins. Personally i couldnt have his record here but sods law often dictates on these things! Not that williams exactly inspires either, but his 3 first round defeats here were at the hands of robertson and both ronnie and selby in deciders. Recent form more of a worry alright, hard to tell with him these days. Fancy both other underdogs, Hawkins and lisowski to come through their matches.

Hawkins is not at the races. Sounded very nervous talking to Rachel Casey pre match. Just doesn't look comfortable. This match is done.

• Advertisement

Last interview i saw with hawkins pre xmas he was complaining of exhaustion and I'd say he wasn't the only one. Thought the break might have freshened him and he has a habit of picking up form latter stages of season. Up against it here though.

Advertisement