Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters 2020

Options

Comments

The gentleman was looking good to get a frame back there

Murphy only needs 1 snooker

Joe could do with winning this frame, 4-1 down be a mountain to climb

Red should seal it

3 - 2 now

come on Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I was just looking at tickets for the world championship.

Flights to Leeds for the 1st week are only 37 euros and accommodation is cheap too. But it seems all seats for all the rounds are sold out with only VIP tickets @ £104 available for a few sessions.

https://www.cruciblesnooker.com/#section-tickets

Murphy among the balls in frame 6 now. Just a couple of more pots to restore
    2 frame cushion

• Advertisement

Ton up Murphy

4 - 2 now

Joe under it now, can't afford another poor shot

Great pot to bottom bag by Joe, unlucky to go in off

Joe back in now in frame 7

Ran out of position; unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Flights to Leeds for the 1st week are only 37 euros and accommodation is cheap too. But it seems all seats for all the rounds are sold out with only VIP tickets @ £104 available for a few sessions.

They always sell out very quickly but there's generally returns that will still be on sale at the box office each morning during the tournament, if you're willing to take the chance. Think they also have a resale section thats worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Going to semifinal Saturday this year and the hotels are way dearer at the weekend :(
    Stupid setup that I have Row H tickets for the semis to a conclusion for less money than Row D tickets on the first Monday morning.

• Advertisement

This match is getting a little bit interesting again. Shaun not putting him away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Murphy misses a relatively easy red and again fails to close the match out.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

He does spend quite a bit of time practising with fergal and with mark allen as well. I imagine he must have his own table in stephens green, similar to arrangement ken used to have with radisson hotel in stillorgan.

Yes he has his own Star table upstairs in the St Stephen’s Green Hibernian Club, Ken has A Riley in the Radison.

Great pot with the rest there, best rest player ever probably. Made heavy weather of it in the end though.

Murphy could be a dark horse at this years worlds if he improves his concentration lapses. 22/1 in the bookies.

Ali Carter is 125/1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Murphy could be a dark horse at this years worlds if he improves his concentration lapses. 22/1 in the bookies.

Ali Carter is 125/1!

Forget the worlds I’m on Murphy at 16s for this . He will never have a better chance . Fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Ali Carter is 125/1!

As a two-time world finalist who just put Selby out of the Masters, he's well worth a punt at that price.

I think both ronnie and judd are opposable for the worlds so its as open this year as its ever been. Carter might have to qualify though so 100s or thereabouts probably seems about right. Definitely worse bets for sure.

I think both ronnie and judd are opposable for the worlds so its as open this year as its ever been. Carter might have to qualify though so 100s or thereabouts probably seems about right. Definitely worse bets for sure.

Carter hardly has to play in the qualifiers, hes ranked No. 17.

Carter hardly has to play in the qualifiers, hes ranked No. 17.

Outside top 16 he'll have to play in qualifiers though obviously still has plenty time to play his way inside it.

• Advertisement

Outside top 16 he'll have to play in qualifiers though obviously still has plenty time to play his way inside it.

ahhh ok. I thought it was the top 32 that were in the main event

ahhh ok. I thought it was the top 32 that were in the main event

Top 16 v 16 qualifiers make up first round at the crucible. Just means you'd have to play an extra 3 matches just to get there. Ding did it year he reached the final but does make a bit of a marathon of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Not an ideal start by Higgins....great pot by Higgins with poor position, then goes in off playing safe. Carter hasn’t taken advantage though, thanks fully :p

Nervy opening frame. It’s taken 4 or 5 errors from Higgins before Carter could take the frame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Higgins really struggling. Carter has to take advantage here. Should be aiming for 4-0 at the interval.

This is a shocking standard tonight

That was 4 turgid frames of snooker. Higgins has been horrid, carter just a bit better, high break 54!

That was 4 turgid frames of snooker. Higgins has been horrid, carter just a bit better, high break 54!

The 5th frame hasn’t been any better. It’s going to be a late one tonight by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Awful stuff from both now

• Advertisement

That would've been some steal. Think he really had to go round the angles off the green though.

Advertisement