Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Remember when the tall ships were here and the soldiers from the ships used to head into nightclubs in there uniforms and take all the women lol.

I did hear during the 2011 festival that soldiers were doing things they weren't suppose too and got in trouble by the superiors

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Remember when the tall ships were here and the soldiers from the ships used to head into nightclubs in there uniforms and take all the women lol.

I did hear during the 2011 festival that soldiers were doing things they weren't suppose too and got in trouble by the superiors

assume you mean sailors

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    assume you mean sailors

Yeah sailors. Saw a load of them going home with women around the festival time. Some of them probly rode all around them lol.

please to go to this and look at the comment #55 and see what you think of it. Thanks to DeadyBai for writing up the events.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057486306&page=4

thinking of emailing it to rte lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone spot that little notice in Waterford Today about the Revenue Commissioners getting 2000 euro "conscience money" what the hell is that?

• Advertisement

Anyone spot that little notice in Waterford Today about the Revenue Commissioners getting 2000 euro "conscience money" what the hell is that?

wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Are you serious that you have never heard of that before? Someone for whatever reason knew they owed tax but got away with not paying it, then eventually got to a stage where they could afford to pay it (or were stricken by conscience) and did.

A lot of people will say - they are mad, they should just keep quiet - but there is no knowing how something may prey on someone's mind, and they want to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

looksee wrote: »
    Are you serious that you have never heard of that before? Someone for whatever reason knew they owed tax but got away with not paying it, then eventually got to a stage where they could afford to pay it (or were stricken by conscience) and did.

A lot of people will say - they are mad, they should just keep quiet - but there is no knowing how something may prey on someone's mind, and they want to sort it.

If I was in that position I'd rather donate the money to a charity than give it to the tax man. After all, the government is notorious for wasting our cash, even Alan Shatter admitted to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I have met some rude people in my life but the woman i dealt with today in Hutchinson Letting Agents on the Mall was without a shadow of a doubt the most ignorant woman I have ever, ever met in my entire life. I would never ever recommend this place. I cant actually believe someone could be that rude. The only reason she hasnt been sacked is its a family business so her daddy gave her the job. Stay the hell away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I have met some rude people in my life but the woman i dealt with today in Hutchinson Letting Agents on the Mall was without a shadow of a doubt the most ignorant woman I have ever, ever met in my entire life. I would never ever recommend this place. I cant actually believe someone could be that rude. The only reason she hasnt been sacked is its a family business so her daddy gave her the job. Stay the hell away!

It wouldnt be the first time shes been mentioned here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Funny why a high profile suicide in Waterford never got a mention on boards, and was taken down off the WLRFM death notice.

Funny why a high profile suicide in Waterford never got a mention on boards, and was taken down off the WLRFM death notice.

hmm i wouldnt call it funny but it does show the influence it has on the town. kinna worrying actually

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Why would a death notice be taken down, regardless the cause of death?

Don't understand ......

Why would a death notice be taken down, regardless the cause of death?

Don't understand ......

Who died ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I love me some ham sambos.Twas often on a sudden whim of the senses that I would parade myself half drunk on the cobbles in town.I stood firm in a dignified posture.Spoke eloquently to the local ladies, I did indeed admonish them about the troubles of contraception and the sinful nature of wearing pants rather than the conventional dress.I ingratiated myself with the rest of the timid townsfolk.Spoke oft to a gent affectionately known as "howdo", a brave soul who sequestered himself towards the clock tower in the evening time.He'd be attentive to the parking ticket machine.Oh I sail out of port in the morning and I will take my fiery lass with me.We are going far to Dover to attack it with peg-guns.

Captain Notlob.
    12/10/1821

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lads, does the library in town open today?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lads, does the library in town open today?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I see on facebook masons are doing a 3 Euro drink offer (all drinks 3 euros each) 7 days a week.

Will be jammers when the euros start. Probly every scumbag in town will be drinking down there now. Hope it's better than the toddle (the horror stories I've heard about they place)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

The toddle closed down years ago and even when it was open i dont think they ever had €3 drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

The toddle closed down years ago and even when it was open i dont think they ever had €3 drinks

They did have drink offers though, 3 for €10 wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

They did have drink offers though, 3 for €10 wasn't it?

Dont know to be honest cant remember i know Norris's do 3 for €10 or at least they used to before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Down at the blues match tonight, fair play to the supporter club lads and their attempts to create bit atmosphere however the chants f&#k the fai,f#&k John delaney, and f#&k SSE need a rethink.
    I was thinking they are some gang of mensa candidates then the shels lads started singing it to.
    What have they against the 3 enemies of United and shels? :-)

Household rubbish and furniture at Laurel Park/Laurel Court green area.

I contacted the council weeks ago, nothing done. Have just e-mailed them the above. See anything happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Jesus that is bad. Is Cherrymount the councils responsibility? I always presumed that place was a private estate.

It's public land, the "Corpo" do the grass cutting round here as well.

Have you or do you know someone who has lost a mountain bike in the Cherrymount area? Maybe stolen or something, anyway if so drop me a PM and name the colour of the front folks.

Have you or do you know someone who has lost a mountain bike in the Cherrymount area? Maybe stolen or something, anyway if so drop me a PM and name the colour of the front folks.

is the make kona, scott or specialized?

Why do you want to know?

Why do you want to know?

know of three bikes bearing those names that were robbed

• Advertisement

Ah right, no its not any of those brands.

Advertisement