Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

The decking on the plaza gets very slippery when its wet, people were falling on it so they fenced it off.

Theres talk of them repainting it with anti slip paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

shockwave wrote: »
    The decking on the plaza gets very slippery when its wet, people were falling on it so they fenced it off.

Theres talk of them repainting it with anti slip paint.

Suppose there would be no point in painting it in slippery paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I saw Sully and 7upfree skullin pints in town together last night!
    Whats the chances of that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

wellboytoo wrote: »
    I saw Sully and 7upfree skullin pints in town together last night!
    Whats the chances of that?

It was love at first sight I tell ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

COMREG demotes Waterford City to non urban area in latest survey on media platforms and telecos
    A boost sample of 500 interviews was conducted in Urban areas of Dublin, Cork, Limerick & Galway – all city data shown on merged sample of 904.

http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg1346.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Have to say, the town is starting to look quite nice, wherever I have been over the weekend I notice all the banks of grass are cut, flowers are blooming and there seems to be more trees than usual about.

So credit to the Council and whoever else is involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Hey, not on any topic here, but just wondering if there was any around town that sells kefir?

I tried Lidl as I thought I seen it there but they didn't have any at all... Maybe some of the eastern shops have it?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

CuriousG wrote: »
    Hey, not on any topic here, but just wondering if there was any around town that sells kefir?

I tried Lidl as I thought I seen it there but they didn't have any at all... Maybe some of the eastern shops have it?

Thanks

My sister is able to buy it from Tesco, she lives in Dublin, but I presume Tesco Ardkeen would have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

My sister is able to buy it from Tesco, she lives in Dublin, but I presume Tesco Ardkeen would have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Has anyone seen a lilo bed
    in any shop. I want a few spares for camping and usually pick them up for around €2 but I just cant find any this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Just in case anyone is missing a lovely Husky dog, a friend of mine had one hanging around outside her house all day in the Fairfields area, he seemed very lost, but she is a dog owner herself so looked after him, but someone from Animal Welfare came and took him this evening. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

Hey anyone had a Billy Canton 4 in 1? I got it last week and I swear it was the niceset thing iv'e ever eaten. Canton is some take-away

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Apparently its Phil Hogan's birthday today. I take it his neighbours here in Waterford sent him the best birthday wishes today, with cards and flowers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

BO6xJsaCUAAYCQ_.jpg:large

Hot-air balloon seen in Ballybricken this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Hot-air balloon seen in Ballybricken this evening

Ballybricken from the air!

1044668_583847594998891_1750951354_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ThruMyEyesByJamie

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

O Connell street post office smashed in at some stage last night. No idea if robbery or just general scumbaggery

Caution for parents.... Last night my 14 year old daughter and her friend were waiting for me to collect them from town after spending the day with friends.

I arranged to collect them at city square at 8pm. When I got there the two girls were distressed and upset and said a man had followed them from supermacs to city square via the gingerman alley.
    He was shouting at them to 'come here' while making comments about the young girls clothes and i think he had a camera phone in his hand.
    He actually ran after them trying to catch them but they got to city square and had to hide in debenhams.
    When I got to city square I asked them to point out the man if he was still around and he was lurking around near burger king.
    I approached the man and asked him why he was chasing 14 year old girls around town he said it was because of their dress and they shouldnt be dressed as they were.
    Now im no fool and no prude neither but my daughter was wearing shorts and a vest top and her friend a summer dress, no drama there.
    I told this man I was reporting him to the Gardai for his actions and he actually got abusive with me for defending my kids.
    At this point while standing in the middle of the road outside city square with a slowly gathering audience I gave the man the option to leave now and stay away from my kids or get knocked out on the spot.
    He left but still carried on shouting abuse.
    The moral of the story is at any time of the year but particularly tourist season the town is awash with oddballs both dangerous and otherwise but watch your kids....
    My daughter was very shaken as was her friend and I believe we all need to be vigilant.
    Thanks for reading and be safe. ('',)

Saw the above on Facebook , and think it should be highlighted .

Saw the above on Facebook , and think it should be highlighted .

I really fail to see how not calling the Gardai instead of telling him to clear off makes any sense. Now it could happen to someone elses kids who may not be as lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

am I the only person that is sick of hearing about this subject?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

am I the only person that is sick of hearing about this subject?????????

Ur so sick of it that you decided to start a thread on it ??????

• Advertisement

well put smart ass...you most be a woman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Woman has baby.

/Story

Woman has baby.

/Story

the end...............lol

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I was happily watching Sun,Sea and A&E and it popped across the screen like something they'd do if we were invaded by the Russians. It's mind boggling but given how close the world is teetering to the edge financially I really can't say I blame people for loving the distraction.

ziedth wrote: »
    I was happily watching Sun,Sea and A&E and it popped across the screen like something they'd do if we were invaded by the Russians. It's mind boggling but given how close the world is teetering to the edge financially I really can't say I blame people for loving the distraction.
    so true.... but emmerdale was late and the gf was so upset.

I think Martin McGuinness summed it up for us Irish when he said on tweeted :
    I extend warmest best wishes to all parents & new babies born today

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

well put smart ass...you most be a woman

With out the wo. ;-)

cococoady wrote: »
    With out the wo. ;-)

whoops sorry man......

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭untouchable

i hate the royal baby:) he is ruining tv for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz