Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Where can i find mineral oil?

Just to answer my own question it turned out I already had some. Wahl clipper oil is 100% mineral oil.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-43917331010-Clipper-Oil/dp/B077KD7KHY/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=oil+clipper&qid=1599556682&sr=8-5

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Hi
    Where in Galway can I buy rolls of real grass for a lawn?
    I only need a few metres of the stuff. Rang a good few garden centres and b&q already.

Any advice much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi Folks,

Looking for somewhere to get Communion balloons - filled with helium.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭westgolf

Hi Folks,

Looking for somewhere to get Communion balloons - filled with helium.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mr price westside.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Hi
    Where in Galway can I buy rolls of real grass for a lawn?
    I only need a few metres of the stuff. Rang a good few garden centres and b&q already.

Any advice much appreciated.

I bought mine in B&Q - I think I recall it is delivered on a Tuesday. That was pre-covid, though.
    There is one local supplier that I know of that grow it in Dunmore - Martyn's Lawns. Might be worth a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

Is there a 'repair club' in the city, like the Restart movement? Got a bust kettle, expect it just needs the switch/thermostat replaced, otherwise it's in perfect condition.. will YouTube for repair guides but just wondering if this Restart movement has any roots here.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

jkforde wrote: »
    Is there a 'repair club' in the city, like the Restart movement? Got a bust kettle, expect it just needs the switch/thermostat replaced, otherwise it's in perfect condition.. will YouTube for repair guides but just wondering if this Restart movement has any roots here.

There was a repair cafe in Liosbaun ahead of lockdown, fix my stuff on fb have a list of places things can be repaired nationwide.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Anyone know which pubs do last food orders a bit later. Say after 9.30? I am meeting a pal who is getting into Galway after then, and want to meet for a pint or two. Ideally somewhere with a couple of things on the menu, not just pizza - near the Square best but anywhere in town ok.

In other words we would only be walking in about 9.45. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

inisboffin wrote: »
    Anyone know which pubs do last food orders a bit later. Say after 9.30? I am meeting a pal who is getting into Galway after then, and want to meet for a pint or two. Ideally somewhere with a couple of things on the menu, not just pizza - near the Square best but anywhere in town ok.

I think mcginns is 10.30 at weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Murty Rabbitts last booking is at 9:45pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I think mcginns is 10.30 at weekends

To order? Wow. Don't people have to be out at 11? Maybe that's changed but we had to be out by 11 somewhere recently.

Thanks for the suggestions, more welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

To order? Wow. Don't people have to be out at 11? Maybe that's changed but we had to be out by 11 somewhere recently.

You gotta bring your own alarm clock to keep track of the time though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Must be off premises by 11.30

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Looking for cheap tennis lessons in Galway. Outdoors either in Westside or Roscam/Doughiska. Not a long term thing, just 4 or 5 lessons around serving and getting the basics right. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Has anyone seen the Covid posters on sale anywhere? we need a few of the mask ones but not enough to make printing an option.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Bredabe wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the Covid posters on sale anywhere? we need a few of the mask ones but not enough to make printing an option.

You can get the PDF off the hse website and just print it off yourself. My wife did this for work.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/partner-resources/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

-Vega- wrote: »
    Looking for cheap tennis lessons in Galway. Outdoors either in Westside or Roscam/Doughiska. Not a long term thing, just 4 or 5 lessons around serving and getting the basics right. Thanks.

Mike geraghty is a decent coach from what I've heard. Couple friends sent their kids to him. Not sure where he coaches out of but they've spoken highly of him. Should be able to connect on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Anyone know where I might be able to buy some fresh yeast? The closer to Oranmore the better :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

RonnieL wrote: »
    Anyone know where I might be able to buy some fresh yeast? The closer to Oranmore the better :-)

Try your nearest Polish shop, that's where I get fresh yeast. It comes in blocks of 100g.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I'm looking for a micro USB to micro USB cable, preferably short, or a USB C to micro USB adaptor (USB C female, micro USB male). Thought I had found an adaptor in Currys but it was the wrong way round.
    I've lost the cable for connecting a drone to my phone which is micro USB. Drone came with another cable but one end is USB C so need an adaptor to use it.

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    I'm looking for a micro USB to micro USB cable, preferably short, or a USB C to micro USB adaptor (USB C female, micro USB male). Thought I had found an adaptor in Currys but it was the wrong way round.
    I've lost the cable for connecting a drone to my phone which is micro USB. Drone came with another cable but one end is USB C so need an adaptor to use it.
    I'd try somewhere like TechStar down the Docks. Or have a look on Adverts. I've had good success there before.

If you can't find it locally then you'd definitely find it on Radionics. Shipping is usually quick with them but it might be Monday before it arrives at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dealz might have it

Hi

Does anyone know where I could buy flat stepping stones for a stepping stone type of path through a garden?
    Places in Leinster seem to stock them in big numbers but no place in West of Ireland has them. I've tried garden centres and various stone suppliers and cutters.

Thanks for any tips.

Hi

Does anyone know where I could buy flat stepping stones for a stepping stone type of path through a garden?
    Places in Leinster seem to stock them in big numbers but no place in West of Ireland has them. I've tried garden centres and various stone suppliers and cutters.

Thanks for any tips.
    You've probably already tried them but Dangan Nurseries maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hi

Thanks for any tips.

We did the same thing a few years ago and had something specific in mind. Try the Galway Salvage Company.

https://goo.gl/maps/fhzomajDqNqubkNKA

Thanks for the help on the stepping stones. The Galway salvage company sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

could anyone recommend someone to paint kitchen furniture?

I see a couple of places, cregard, jk spraying and was wondering if either are good or are there any others that some of you may have used before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Could anyone recommend a dietician in the city/suburbs. Preferably some that's experienced in people with IBS. Thanks

Could anyone recommend a dietician in the city/suburbs. Preferably some that's experienced in people with IBS. Thanks
    Talk to Joe (Fitzgibbon)
    http://www.joefitzgibbon.ie/about-dr-joe-fitzgibbon/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

Aisling Snedker based on the Galway Bay Medical Centre has a good reputation.

http://www.galwaybaymedicalcentre.ie/services/clinical-dietician

Advertisement