Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Anyone know anyone selling fire pits made from kegs or wheels?
    Looking for somewhere in Galway preferably.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Tumble dryer drums also work well. No idea where tho just seen it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

A lad I know makes them. But he is in West Clare. I can send you his phone number if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

wtd2008 wrote: »
    Anyone know anyone selling fire pits made from kegs or wheels?
    Looking for somewhere in Galway preferably.
    Thanks

Came across a local guy in Tuam doing something like this.

https://www.facebook.com/gasbottle.stoves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I’m looking for a piano tuner, Galway City area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I’m looking for a piano tuner, Galway City area.

Maloneys. They're in Athenry but I've regularly seen their van around so I'm sure they'll come out to you.

Any recommendations for a place that supplies and fits tow bars? Anywhere in the City or east/north of the county would be ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aoife365

Any recommendations for a good tiler in Galway county (Inverin area)? Need the parent's kitchen floor tiled but can't seem to get any, they won't travel out that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Anyone know how to find a good counsellor (therapy/psychologist)? It's not the kind of thing I want to be asking friends for recommendations for as I would rather they didn't know I was going but I can't figure out how to get a recommendation otherwise.
    I had some free counselling sessions (through my health insurance provider) a few years ago and they had a list that you had to choose from but the lady I ended up with was no good really, I didn't feel like we built up a trusting relationship. Really want to get someone good this time. Any suggestions appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Any recommendations for a place that supplies and fits tow bars? Anywhere in the City or east/north of the county would be ok too.

Calbro Exaust Centre Tuam Rd. (Down the slip road next to the former Laura Ashley's)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Hi is there anywhere that will take 2nd hand books around the city? Mixture of all sorts, just want to drop off somewhere. Would be a waste to throw away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Feria40 wrote: »
    Hi is there anywhere that will take 2nd hand books around the city? Mixture of all sorts, just want to drop off somewhere. Would be a waste to throw away

Your nearest charity shop will probably gladly take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

People keep asking about printing pdfs etc
    Found out local libraries do it (expensive though)
    https://twitter.com/westsidelib/status/1306921802019614721

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭whineflu

Looking for a DisplayPort cable to connect a monitor to a desktop PC. I see them online for less than a tenner but I'd like it today and I'd rather buy local anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Looking for an awning for out the back of the house, so that I can put clothes out to dry and not be breathing damp air inside. Either free standing or one to fix to the wall of the house.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭whineflu

whineflu wrote: »
    Looking for a DisplayPort cable to connect a monitor to a desktop PC. I see them online for less than a tenner but I'd like it today and I'd rather buy local anyway.

Found them in Harvey Norman for double the Amazon price. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Looking for recommendations for someone to look at heating oil burner reset switch tripping intermittently.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I'm looking for someone to clean a rug & fabric couch.

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi again,
    Looking for a company to install a water filter for kitchen sink.
    Thanks,
    Pa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi again,
    Thanks,
    Pa

We use Gulp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Feria40 wrote: »
    I dropped a few boxes into a nursing home recently . They were grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi again,
    Thanks,
    Pa

http://www.galwaywater.ie/

I got a softener and filtration system from them.
    Good service.
    No long term maintenance contract, which some companies insist upon.
    Very happy.

I'm not really sure where to put this and don't want to start a thread. I'm looking for....information :)

A relation of mine recently bought a house in the city and has a decent bit of recycling to do from buying stuff for the house. He was asking me about whats the story with bringing it to a recycling centre (as thats how we dispose of our stuff being in the country) as he isn't sure if city bin (I think) will take extra bags of stuff.

So I was wondering to save him the hassle of a trip does anyone know if city bin will take additional bags of plastic/cardboard in see through plastic bags that wont fit in the wheelie bin. Say an extra bag or two left beside the bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring city bin and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I'm not really sure where to put this and don't want to start a thread. I'm looking for....information :)

A relation of mine recently bought a house in the city and has a decent bit of recycling to do from buying stuff for the house. He was asking me about whats the story with bringing it to a recycling centre (as thats how we dispose of our stuff being in the country) as he isn't sure if city bin (I think) will take extra bags of stuff.

So I was wondering to save him the hassle of a trip does anyone know if city bin will take additional bags of plastic/cardboard in see through plastic bags that wont fit in the wheelie bin. Say an extra bag or two left beside the bin?

If it's in the bin in any way it will be taken if it's beside the bin depends on the Lad on the truck. They offer collection of extra rubbish through their website and if you have a car the drop off in oramore is very reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Anyone know someone to clean stove or do all chimney sweeps do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jackyjoe1

P.M. sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

jackyjoe1 wrote:
    P.M. sent

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

bobbyss wrote: »
    Anyone know someone to clean stove or do all chimney sweeps do that?
    most will - just ask to be sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

Hi folks, looking for personal recommendations for a trustworthy fee-based\fair analysis\indepedent financial advisor in city or north county. Please PM me. Thanks!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement