Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

40" Samsung Smart LED TV w/wifi €365

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Does this tv have 3D ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

epo addict wrote: »
    Does this tv have 3D ?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

i ordered two,one for myself and one for the mother.great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Do ibood.com accept payment through paypal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Bought one earlier, thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

epo addict wrote: »
    Do ibood.com accept payment through paypal?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

Just ordered one, thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mangled

I need a tv!!!What uk channels will we be able to pick up or does it depend on what part of Ireland you are in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Apart from a few lucky places with big aeriels in the North East you wont be picking up any UK channels with this tv. You'll need to hook it up to a sattelite box and put a dish on the wall to get BBC etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Just ordered, probably shouldn't have, but sure what can ya do

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Grrrr I'm trying to order but I'm getting an "Unknown Error"

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mangled

Thargor wrote: »
    Apart from a few lucky places with big aeriels in the North East you wont be picking up any UK channels with this tv. You'll need to hook it up to a sattelite box and put a dish on the wall to get BBC etc.

I'm in East Donegal. I have a sky satellite box and dish to receive uk freeview at the minute. I was hoping a new tv would remove the sky box and be built in. Ah well! Thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

How do these guys usually deliver? I'm wondering if its an address problem, trying to get it sent to work...

I think DHL is their courier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Cheers OP, bought 2

• Advertisement

Got it, billing and delivery addresses need to be the same.

Cheers OP - I've been dying to buy a decent TV for ages - happy with this!

mangled wrote: »
    I'm in East Donegal. I have a sky satellite box and dish to receive uk freeview at the minute. I was hoping a new tv would remove the sky box and be built in. Ah well! Thanks
    There are definitely tvs out there that do that, usually pricey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

I'm soooo tempted my samsung has the dreaded lines going down the screen really noticeable watching footy.
    But want to get my hands on a later series (me being a greedy bugger)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Was threatening to get a new TV for a while but opted for a laptop just last week.

Saw this deal today and had to pull the trigger though! Glad I did too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

Just purchased mine tx to all for comments and help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I wonder will RTE Player and 3 Player be on the web portal on the tv seeing as its an Eastern European model ?

You can change it to Ireland in the settings and install any apps you like from Samsungs appstore thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

im nearly sold on this, anybody see any cons to this?

I want it to have the normal irish freeview channels (dont want to use a soirview box aswell) and they hook up my sky box

any advise withing next 30mins would be great:o

Thargor wrote: »
    You can change it to Ireland in the settings and install any apps you like from Samsungs appstore thing.

Will Ireland be an option though ?
    I bought a Panasonic Smart tv off Ibood last year and you could only select mainland Europe and Eastern European countries in the settings .

Do you have a Sky subscription to go with that box or are you just using it to get the free BBC/Ch4 etc channels?

If you're subscribed to Sky then you should get RTE etc on the Skybox along with the UK channels so just hook it up.

If not you'll be watching the Irish channels in TV mode then you'll have to hit Input and select AV or HDMI to watch the UK channels on the Skybox.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Will Ireland be an option though ?
    I bought a Panasonic Smart tv off Ibood last year and you could only select mainland Europe and Eastern European countries in the settings .
    I assume you will, I have Ireland as an option on a German LG I bought from Amazon.de. The RTE and 3Player apps should be installable anyway whatever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Shred

Arrrggghhh, I'm tempted by this but it would be for the bedroom and my main brief is full HD with smart functionality (I have a non-subscription Sky box there). I was already considering 22"-32" (at the very biggest, leaning more towards 22-24"), but this doesn't work out a lot more expensive...Someone help me decide!

Shred wrote: »
    Arrrggghhh, I'm tempted by this but it would be for the bedroom and my main brief is full HD with smart functionality (I have a non-subscription Sky box there). I was already considering 22"-32" (at the very biggest, leaning more towards 22-24"), but this doesn't work out a lot more expensive...Someone help me decide!

If you can get a 40 inch tv for similar to a 32 inch buy it .
    I dont understand people saying a tv will be too big for them,a 32 inch tv is small nowadays and you quickly adjust to a larger set ,after a few months it looks small.

If you can get a 40 inch tv for similar to a 32 inch buy it .
    I dont understand people saying a tv will be too big for them,a 32 inch tv is small nowadays and you quickly adjust to a larger set ,after a few months it looks small.

Ok you've convinced me; ordered :pac:

anyone getting an error message after trying to select payment type?

• Advertisement

I used Paypal and it worked fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Zascar wrote: »
    Got it, billing and delivery addresses need to be the same.
    liam12989 wrote: »
    anyone getting an error message after trying to select payment type?

Same address?

yes its exact same address in both options it just aut fills. ive tried different browsers and different payment options. anyone face anything like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

I wonder will RTE Player and 3 Player be on the web portal on the tv seeing as its an Eastern European model ?

There's a secret menu that this can be changed on

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

is this deal expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

Trilla90 wrote: »
    is this deal expired?
    yes

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

neto wrote: »
    yes

i could cry :eek:, the parents 32" tv died the other day..really could have done with this if only i saw this earlier..oh well :)

seriously doubt i'd get a similarly speced 1080p 40" smart tv for near this price could i?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

i could cry :eek:, the parents 32" tv died the other day..really could have done with this if only i saw this earlier..oh well :)

seriously doubt i'd get a similarly speced 1080p 40" smart tv for near this price could i?

The new 2014 smart tvs will soon hit the shelves, so expect more deals on 2013 models. End of February and March is the best time of the year for buying a tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Do they actually need a smart tv? If not, then have a look here:http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5298374/c_1/2%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7C19805484%7CClearance+Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14520847/c_3/4%7Ccat_14520847%7CTelevisions%7C25096549.htm?Price+Cut=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

i suspect this would prove to be a disappointing purchase, with zero resale value.
    this , on the other hand.....
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00CS6XFZQ/ref=ox_ya_os_product#productDescription

....actual cost £203.97 incl vat and delivery, converts to approx €250.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Parents needed a new tv and we had recommended them getting a smart tv for Netflix and RTE player and so on but couldn't find anything good enough within their price range. I had told them about this yesterday and it was only at half 10 they decided to go for it.

Following the discovery of the verified by visa password being blocked on one visa card and the eventual finding of my dad's visa card and subsequent setting up of a verified by visa password, the payment went through at 10.59pm! :cool:

Close one but delighted they got a very good tv now for this price!

damian139 wrote: »
    i suspect this would prove to be a disappointing purchase, with zero resale value.
    this , on the other hand.....
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00CS6XFZQ/ref=ox_ya_os_product#productDescription

....actual cost £203.97 incl vat and delivery, converts to approx €250.
    Resale value on a tv?

If you look on adverts you'll be surprised at the (asking) prices on used tv’s. You would think a used tv a year or two old would be way cheaper than the equivalent for sales in currys etc – but it really isn’t. I really don’t get it – I have been looking out for a second hand tv at a good price but they are hard to find. I’d say this TV is better value that almost anything on adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

If you look on adverts you'll be surprised at the (asking) prices on used tv’s. You would think a used tv a year or two old would be way cheaper than the equivalent for sales in currys etc – but it really isn’t. I really don’t get it – I have been looking out for a second hand tv at a good price but they are hard to find. I’d say this TV is better value that almost anything on adverts.
    I'd agree. Had been looking for ages for something decent second hand. Nothing with these specs going second hand let alone new. I'd say if kept for a couple of years it'd still sell for 300 second hand

Colemania wrote: »
    Parents needed a new tv and we had recommended them getting a smart tv for Netflix and RTE player and so on but couldn't find anything good enough within their price range. I had told them about this yesterday and it was only at half 10 they decided to go for it.

Following the discovery of the verified by visa password being blocked on one visa card and the eventual finding of my dad's visa card and subsequent setting up of a verified by visa password, the payment went through at 10.59pm! :cool:

Close one but delighted they got a very good tv now for this price!
    Don't think the TV can get the Netflix app unless it's through an external device.

• Advertisement

Don't think the TV can get the Netflix app unless it's through an external device.

Of course it can, once it has smart function it can through the smart hub

I'd agree. Had been looking for ages for something decent second hand. Nothing with these specs going second hand let alone new. I'd say if kept for a couple of years it'd still sell for 300 second hand

Seriously what is the story, all other electronics seem to depreciate, you'd think tv's that seems to get oudated so quickly would devalue crazy quick - but they don't at all. Puzzling

Etnies wrote: »
    Of course it can, once it has smart function it can through the smart hub
    Oh right. I was basing it on the following Samsung page: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00001263/58778/
    Seriously what is the story, all other electronics seem to depreciate, you'd think tv's that seems to get oudated so quickly would devalue crazy quick - but they don't at all. Puzzling
    Here's an example of a similar less spec'ed TV selling there for the same price as this new. It's without the stand also.

Mainly people chancing their arm, I put a now 8 year old 36" Phillips flat screen "HD ready" tv up on their for 150 quid and sold it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I saw a few screenshots of this TV with Netflix on it. You saying that Netflix won't work?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement