Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

40" Samsung Smart LED TV w/wifi €365

Options
  • 26-02-2014 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

11525_gZ_hi_1393343154.jpg

Very good spec:
    Brand: Samsung
    Type: UE40F5500 AWXXH *)
    Full HD LED SmartTV
    Aspect ratio: 16:09
    Visible Screen Diagonal: 101 cm
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
    Herz: 100
    Backlight: LED backlight
    Digital Tuner: DVB-T / DVB-C / DVB-C (HD)
    Connectors: 3 x HDMI, 2 x USB, Ethernet, DVI audio input, 1 headphone out, 1 component input ( Y / Pb / Pr ), 1 composite (AV ) standard used for Component Y ), 1 digital audio output (optical ) 1 scart socket, IR out, 1 RF input ( antenna / cable input and satellite ), Built-in Wi -Fi
    Output Power: 2 x 10 Watt RMS
    EPG, teletext, picture-in-picture function, display OSD menu, multi-language OSD, Game Mode, support for subtitles, smartphone remote control, USB media player, Auto Channel Search, Auto Volume Control, Automatic format adjustment
    Internet Features: Internet, HbbTV, integrated web browser, optional Wi-Fi, Skype video calling ( TV camera optional), DLNA
    Recording Features: USB Recording ( PVR Ready)
    Online TV Guide: Samsung Smart Hub
    Playback formats: MHEG -5
    Surround formats: Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Pulse DTS 2.0
    Environment: Energy saving mode, Light sensor ( energy saving) sensor, automatic shut-off
    Energy efficiency class A +
    Standby Power Consumption: 0.3 Watts
    Power Consumption Operational: 40 Watt
    Device without stand ( WxHxD ): 92.8 x 55.2 x 4.9 cm
    Device with stand ( WxHxD ): 92.8 x 61.5 x 26.5 cm
    Device weight with stand: 8 kg
    Warranty: 2 years
    * ) model from Eastern-Europe
    The expected shipping date of this product is 12 March 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Any reviews lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Does the fact that this is eastern european model mean it wont receive hd freeview channels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

septicsac wrote: »
    Does the fact that this is eastern european model mean it wont receive hd freeview channels ?

We use DVB-T so should be okay,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

/\/ollog wrote: »
    We use DVB-T so should be okay,

You won't get Freeview HD as that requires DVB-T2. Saorview HD and Freeview SD should work as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

peejay1986 wrote: »
    You won't get Freeview HD as that requires DVB-T2. Saorview HD and Freeview SD should work as normal.

What's saorview HD?
    I get rte 1 and 2 in hd with a samsung syncmaster 2333hd which says it only has DVB-T via digital aerial.
    I can tell they're hd when i switch to tv3 or find rte+1

Says nothing about this tv though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

/\/ollog wrote: »
    What's saorview HD?
    I get rte 1 and 2 in hd with a samsung syncmaster 2333hd which says it only has DVB-T via digital aerial.
    I can tell they're hd when i switch to tv3 or find rte+1

Says nothing about this tv though.

By 'Saorview HD' I'm just clarifying that Saorview's HD content will work on this TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I have the previous year's model to this and it is an excellent tv.

I paid €600 for it at the time so would say that this looks a bargain for the newer model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Hmmm, really tempted. Don't think I can justify the money though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

What would the built in wifi enable you to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

does anyone see/know the cost of shipping, i cant find it on their website, probably blind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭stooge

14.95 for delivery it says it right next to the price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Picked one up, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Hi guys,

I just came across this TV.

What is iBood like? Is it reputable and trustworthy?

How long do you have to avail of the offer, 24 hours?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I just came across this TV.

What is iBood like? Is it reputable and trustworthy?

How long do you have to avail of the offer, 24 hours?

Offer is only available today until midnight I think (or maybe 23.00pm).

I have bought from Ibood and found them quite decent although there seem to be mixed reports on boards. Issues seem mainly around returning faulty products and the cost incurred in doing that. also, their customer support seems to have some issues.

They ship from Holland and it generally takes 3-4 weeks to get your item.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

stooge wrote: »
    3-4 weeks from when you order or 3-4 weeks from when they send you the shipping notice do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

stooge wrote: »
    Offer is only available today until midnight I think (or maybe 23.00pm).

I have bought from Ibood and found them quite decent although there seem to be mixed reports on boards. Issues seem mainly around returning faulty products and the cost incurred in doing that. also, their customer support seems to have some issues.

How often have you bought from them?

So, basically returning a product to Holland comes from your own pocket if faulty.

Bit skeptical now!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

Its a deal alright but claiming it was €749 on iBOOD page is wrong
    It is £385 ~ €466 on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE40F5500-inch-1080-pixels/dp/B00DSSBNSO
    €102 saving compared to Amazon & not €350 as claimed on iBOOD

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Samsung-UE40F5500-inch-1080-pixels/product/B00DSSBNSO

£530 sterling back in September on Amazon though, fcuk it, I ordered, thanks for the tip OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Farnsworth wrote: »
    Its a deal alright but claiming it was €749 on iBOOD page is wrong
    It is £385 ~ €466 on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE40F5500-inch-1080-pixels/dp/B00DSSBNSO
    €102 saving compared to Amazon & not €350 as claimed on iBOOD
    You can't get this TV shipped from Amazon and it's a third party seller. VAT would also bring the price up.

Ordered this this morning after getting the mail from iBood. Will replace a 37 inch LED I got off them before which has served me well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What would the built in wifi enable you to do

You'd be able to watch MC Hammer's Can't touch this on youtube on your 40" TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

peejay1986 wrote: »

LaptopsDirect sells the UK version of this TV (with Freeview HD) for €461 euro + €12 delivery

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Samsung_UE40F5500_40_Inch_Smart_LED_TV_UE40F5500AKXXU/version.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

neto wrote: »
    LaptopsDirect sells the UK version of this TV (with Freeview HD) for €461 euro + €12 delivery

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Samsung_UE40F5500_40_Inch_Smart_LED_TV_UE40F5500AKXXU/version.asp
    Is Freeview HD not a UK thing anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we got our current tv from ibood before christmas,they had put an adapter in the box and it left a black mark on the tv. I informed them ,they asked for photos and sent a courier and within a week they had sent me my new perfect tv:)
    Thinking of getting this one now too....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Often with the good IBOOD offers they sell out before 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

Sorry for been a Dumb ass will I get the Irish channels on this without the need for a set top box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

stimpson wrote: »
    If it's only DVB-T then you'll need a box.
    You 100% sure of that Stimpson?
    Digital Tuner: DVB-T / DVB-C / DVB-C (HD)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057092865

https://www.google.ie/search?q=DVB-T+saorvieww&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gws_rd=cr&ei=C90NU9mMEOWw7Aarj4EY#channel=sb&q=DVB-T+saorview&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&spell=1

Ive bought a few tvs for elderly neighbours now and DVB-T is the only thing I ever look for, never let me down for Saorview reception...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fingerbib

stimpson wrote: »
    You need Freeview HD capable TV to get Saorview. Saorview gets transmitted as HD and downscaled to SD for SD set top boxes. If this only had DVB-T them it will not work with Saorview.

It will work fine with a set top box though.

Hi, this is actually not strictly true and there seems to be a misconception that saorview needs a DVB-T2 tuner. Yes, you can get saorview with a Freesat HD tv. But you may get saorview (incl HD channels) with this TV as the tuner is DVB-T and saorview is broadcast sing DVB-T. ("Saorview Approved" certification required DVB-T2, however. Not sure why this is but perhaps to futureproof the service).

What we need to determine is if this TV has an MPEG-4 decoder.
    According to this site: http://www.lcd-compare.com/televiseur-SAMUE32F5500-SAMSUNG-UE32F5500.htm

This series has MPEG4. So this TV will get Saorview.

With DVB-T + MPEG-4 decoder, you will get the SaorView service.

"Freeview" uses DVB-T + MPEG2
    "Freeview HD" uses DVB-T2 + MPEG4
    "Saorview" uses DVB-T + MPEG4

the mpeg 4 determines the "HD" aspect, not the DVB standard.

see here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056105270

Hope that helps...

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    3-4 weeks from when you order or 3-4 weeks from when they send you the shipping notice do you know?

Normally 3-4 weeks from when you order. Delivery is usually 3-4days from the day they ship.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement