Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Amazon are good for both. But delivery times can get a bit sketchy.

Could say that for all the online stores this time of year. I mostly buy online all year round, deliveries that normally take no more than a week are taking twice that & more at the moment.

Though to be fair its to be expected this time of year, my next door neighbour works for DPD & he said they'd pay the drivers to work 24/7 if they'd want to do it (& it was legal, which its not) as there's that much work.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I’m with you’s on the full fat coke mine has to be a can, I always make sure there is some there in the event of a hangover
    Just back from my weekly shop, very busy, having a batch Sambo and cuppa now
    I’ve a good bit to do and don’t know where to start might need a coffee after my tea to get me going or crack open a can of coke Lol

Beautiful photos in the tree thread

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    Beautiful photos in the tree thread

I was only thinking that last night. The standard is very high this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Snooooww!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I have a "let it snow" jumper on at work today - very appropriate for the day that is in it! Heavy snow flurries on the way to work in north Louth. Hope everyone gets to work safe! Not looking forward to the drive home, I flipping hate driving in snow!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Any snow to report peeps? Nothing in North Dublin but my god it’s coooooold!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Small bit on the ground here in kildare when we got up at 6:30. We had a brief flurry then at 8 but by the time I had our boots and hats etc on it had stopped.

I was hit by 2 tiny snowballs by 7:30. Toddler was encouraged to sneak out and grab handfuls to fling at me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Last night walking back home from city centre in Dublin, you could have felt snow coming.
    And sure enough, few mins. later, it was snowing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Elves,
    I went to that Dublin Christmas bar on Dame Lane last night that somebody posted a link to on here the other day.
    It was absolutely awesome!
    It's a hidden, little spot all right, all decked out in Christmas decor.
    Snowflakes, wreaths and sparkly Christmas lights everywhere!
    It really added up to a festive atmosphere and a bartender did wear a Santa hat and Christmas jumper like on that picture.
    I also wore mine so I must have fitted right in! 🎅

Recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Really need to get the finger out. I have the tree up since Tuesday, but not decorated. Kids haven't seen Santa or written letters. I haven't gotten Mrs B her bike yet, but that's 'coz she won't go to the shop and pick a size and colour.

On the flip side, I have the list done for making stuffing balls tomorrow. They'll either be frozen and taken out xmas eve, or eaten tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Amazon. Tho it's getting close now re posting dates. There is a well stocked tower records upstairs in easons o connell street. I always forget its there if you are anywhere near Dublin

I saw that #snow was trending so I clicked on it and now I can't stop laughing at how excited I was about a brief flurry compared to the 4 inches in Texas! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Been out to a job in Blessington, the journey there was like something from a Christmas card.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

24852345_931818273639421_8324220822292299673_n.jpg?oh=dc88744a02edb16be78370d064501ea5&oe=5AD336F2

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

RTE Christmas Guide 1997!
    24899800_10155587649760189_7193020245008345891_n.jpg?oh=c26e741d19e37058149b38da30aeefc8&oe=5A8A1C79

OMG I vividly remember that cover! Great Find 20 years old. Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Up nice and early. Well about to get up in a sec. Hoping to get some Christmas shopping done today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Have my Room done up for Xmas, I’m happy

Brrrrrrrrr that is all

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Brrrrrrrrr that is all

We’re going to head to Farmleigh today so I’m currently planning how many layers I need. All the layers I think.

Awake since all hours was in Blanchardstown shopping Centre for 8.30 am left about 10.15 it was quite busy, swore I wouldn’t see it again till the New Year called by my mams to arrange delivery of her new washing machine for her the lads from Curry’s did a great job
    She then decides to tell me her earing aids have broken so that’s another trip to Blanchardstown during the week I’m laughing now but I think by my next trip there I’ll be crying
    Ordered my Turkey from my local butchers and he is doing me freshly cooked turkey and ham parcels tomorrow for a mini Christmas dinner I’ve decided to do tomorrow
    Might do some decluttering and wrapping today, then heading back to my mams this afternoon we are going to watch a Christmas movie, Strictly tonight not moving off the sofa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just in from B and Q. We blew a set of the traditional lights on the tree and replaced with LEDs. I miss pink :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

All the presents wrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Off on the Staff Christmas Party tonight, as already said its cold outside but nothing a couple of beverages won't sort out :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Currently on a cosy Citylink bus traveling to Galway for the night with my husband to enjoy the Christmas market. :)

When I lived in northern Scotland the winters were long and freeeeezing and I invested in an expensive waterproof coat as thick and warm as a winter duvet (snow proof!). I've cracked it out for the trip as it's currently -2!

Looking forward to a Bratwurst, a hot chocolate, a go on the Ferris wheel and buying a few decorations. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Have been pretty unwell for 2 weeks so finally ventured out to the shops this afternoon and got lots of goodies :D Celebrations, tins of biscuits, selection boxes and of course mince pies- mini and standard size!! Now some are presents for neighbours etc but still I'm feeling festive! Also got some lovely gingerbread man wrapping paper and a gold star tree topper in dunnes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

The tree is up!! We were a bit late this year due to some things but we'll also take it down later but I am soo in love!!!

Also wanted to share some quick pics for you fellow elves with cats ....
    (Idk how to embed on phone so see attachments..sigh...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

cinnamony wrote: »
    The tree is up!! We were a bit late this year due to some things but we'll also take it down later but I am soo in love!!!

Also wanted to share some quick pics for you fellow elves with cats ....
    (Idk how to embed on phone so see attachments..sigh...)

My cat is quite good when it comes to the trees thankfully, though he has a deep fascination with 4 beany decorations from Penney’s which he likes to bite off the tree and fight! I give in on that as it’s better than Christmas 2013 when he chewed the new lights and we had half a lit tree! Lesson learnt and it’s LEDs from then out

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Feel much more christmassy now. Kids went to see Santa, in Kildare farm foods. It was free, but we had to pay a fiver for a photo. And when asked if they preferred today or Santa House Express from last year, they said this year. And it cost us about 200 last year, with grandparents and a dinner included! Letters written and posted. Stuffing balls prepped and frozen. The woman told me she just wanted a thing for holding her phone when running as a pressie. No need for a bike so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement