Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »
    I thought it would be crazy slippy this morning, but it was lovely and soft and crunchy underfoot.
    I was still careful though- nobody wants a repeat of RTE Man Falling on the Ice. :eek:

I’d be mortified. :D Poor guy probably gets reminded of it at the first sign of cold weather.

My brother lives abroad and he’s been sending me photos of the beautiful snow. So jealous.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I thought it would be crazy slippy this morning, but it was lovely and soft and crunchy underfoot.
    I was still careful though- nobody wants a repeat of RTE Man Falling on the Ice. :eek:

It’s not Christmas until someone shares that video on Facebook :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I can't believe we're half ways through the Advent calendar!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This month is going ridiculously fast!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

The Christmas RTE Guide is out now and I bought it today. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’m on holiday now until 2nd January. Looking forward to soaking up lots of atmosphere over the next few weeks - i can’t believe how quickly it’s coming. Have a safe journey home Jude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I hope we wake up to frost Christmas morning
    I agree we need to press the pause button can't believe how quickly time is going
    I have the RTE Guide on my shopping list this week
    Happy Christmas Jude safe home have a fab honeymoon too
    Corklass you can kick back and relax now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

25289208_10155301040512887_6186498399699103402_n.jpg?oh=9714aad08bd41ef64eb3035badeb1460&oe=5ABDDBD7

My Xmas wreath

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Beautiful wreath!!!

Ah lads I don’t want time to go quick anymore. So busy at the moment so that doesn’t help. Got the rte Christmas guide tonight hopefully I’ll get a chance to read it this year. :)

Sarah you’re spot on frost make for a lovely white Christmas :)

Frost on Christmas morning would be gorgeous. Not ice though. We have to go down a hill and then up a very steep hill on Christmas day so hopefully it will be okay!

I'm watching Arthur Christmas and planning my edible gifts. I made a mess of one of my edible gifts earlier so I needed Arthur Christmas tonight! The new plan is sweet and salty mixed nuts, chocolate orange truffles and rum and ginger truffles or chocolates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Listening to one of my fave Xmas No1's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Checked in online. Dropping the car off at noon and then off to the pub with work. Ho Ho Ho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Staff canteen in work today is doing Christmas dinner free for everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I love Arthur Christmas, Toto! I started watching Narrow Escape last night - will finish it tonight, then pretend I haven't watched it when Mr. CL comes home at the weekend & force him to watch it then too :P

We are having a Gingerbread House Building Competition & some live music too in the canteen this morning. HR have gone all out for this week & next to force Christmas spirit into the place.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    We are having a Gingerbread House Building Competition & some live music too in the canteen this morning. HR have gone all out for this week & next to force Christmas spirit into the place.

That sounds like so much fun!

A UK survey but I'm sure we'd have similar opinions over here. There's a whole thread with a tweet for Roses, Quality Street, Heroes and Celebrations.

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/940868547449847810

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

LADS!

Back from wedding and honeymoon madness to realise I have NOTHING done for Christmas. :eek:

I still haven't ordered a feckin TURKEY OMG. We've ordered our wreath and tree though, should be able to pick them up today/tomorrow so I'll get them decroated in the next day or two. Luckily now I'm married it's joint presents all the way for the in-laws and my family are doing secret Santa so that's grand.

I still need to make chilli jam for everyone (it's tradition at this stage, at least I have a decent food mixer this year. Grating a kilo of red pepper BY HAND is no joke!)

It'll be grand, right? RIGHT??!???!?!?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It'll be grand baby and crumble, sure this year we all have two whole days off in the run up to the actual big day (assuming you're not in retail, etc.) plus this coming weekend, you have loads of time.

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS! How did the wedding go? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

miamee wrote: »
    It'll be grand baby and crumble, sure this year we all have two whole days off in the run up to the actual big day (assuming you're not in retail, etc.) plus this coming weekend, you have loads of time.

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS! How did the wedding go? :)

True, and I don't work Fridays so should be ok. FINGERS CROSSED!!

The wedding went AMAZINGLY and the honeymoon was super Christmassy too. I spent most of it bundled up in hats and gloves in the arctic circle in THE FLUFFIEST SNOW I have ever ever seen.

I really hope we get some more pics from our photographer soon, there are some gorgeous ones she took of us in front of the hotel Christmas tree I want to see and share! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah I am delighted to hear that and jealous of your trip to the arctic circle :eek: Fluffy snow is the best kind - was in Dusseldorf at the weekend and we had the horizontal sort of snow belting us in the face for half the weekend...not ideal but lovely Chrsitmas markets all the same.

Sounds like you had a fantastic time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I finally got my copy of the rte guide. Can't wait to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Congrats @babyandcrumble, hope you had a fantastic wedding day!

Outdoor Lass I heard your dedication awhile ago on Christmas fm :)
    I’m so tired was in work at crazy hour this morning but finished for the day now
    Popped into Woodies a few minutes ago on my way home to see if I could grab a Bargain they’ve 70% off some things
    Baby and crumble congrats sounds amazing

Gorgeous wreath

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Congratulations baby and crumble. I bet the pics are gorgeous! You'll have Christmas sorted, don't worry. As much as I love the day it could definitely be done without the months of planning we put into it, although its half the fun isn't it!

My baba is 3 today. He got two pretty cool pressies, and was totally overwhelmed. Happy but not sure what to do with himself. Making me wonder how Christmas Day will go! So excited now.

Off to see the wild lights in Dublin zoo tonight. I've got half the clothes in the house packed into the car. "Just in case". Just in case of what I don't know. I can see no scenario where anyone will need a fleece, puffy jacket, body warmer and a snow suit as well as two hats a scarf and a snood. Two blankets and a shawl. So hard to know what to bring until we see what the weather is like. One thing for sure though, a flask of hot chocolate with cinnamon.

Christmas decorations up today and tomorrow is my birthday! :D

Whispered enjoy your night wrap up I'm sure it will be fab I've heard great things, hope the baba had a great day
    Happy Birthday Den Man double the presents this month for you are you doing anything nice ?
    Enjoy the pub Jude, it's a night for the pub back here at home

SarahLil wrote: »
    Whispered enjoy your night wrap up I'm sure it will be fab I've heard great things, hope the baba had a great day
    Happy Birthday Den Man double the presents this month for you are you doing anything nice ?
    Enjoy the pub Jude, it's a night for the pub back here at home

Thanks SarahLil

I'm going to enjoy the day and have a seaweed bath. Been wanting to have one of them for years. They're supposed to be brilliant. :)

Great Den Man some pampering before next week enjoy have a great day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Welcome back Baby and Crumble! :)

Congratulations!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement