Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Am I right in thinking we are only 20 days.......

Yes only 20 days to go!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    freida wrote: »
    Loughc they have it in Aldi in a threepack for 14.99. I got some today. I took a pic for you. Hopefully I can post it up. They also have a cappuccino one and a chocolate one (full size).

Thanking you kindly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Loughc they have it in Aldi in a threepack for 14.99. I got some today. I took a pic for you. Hopefully I can post it up. They also have a cappuccino one and a chocolate one (full size).
    Are you talking about liqueurs?? If so I might pop to my local Aldi tomorrow morning.

Jude, hope the doggie is okay and is recovering well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Yes this one

https://goo.gl/images/oes3TH

Sorry I can't post a pic. Its 14.99

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes this one

https://goo.gl/images/oes3TH

Sorry I can't post a pic. Its 14.99
    Here you go!
    24900055_1743159919050561_7846956359173452956_n.jpg?oh=a3cb90fcd2924cfcb36132c122b80eff&oe=5AD1B603

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

It’s starting to feel real Christmassy now, there a real buzz around and This time next week I’ll be on my hols. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tomorrow 2 weeks I’ll be in hols. Yay!!!

Is the Ballycastle liquor nice? They labels have me drooling haha.

Has there being any protests outside the butchers in Dublin yet this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

It's absolutely gorgeous!

I bought it last weekend and I like my liquors so if you're anything like me, you'll enjoy this a lot.
    Not mad on whiskey so I wouldn't be into Baileys and such that much but this has a perfect ratio of alcohol and cream for me.

Well worth a try!

Oh French girl you’ve made my night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Stephens Day has changed for me. As a teenager it was out, then it was flake out with the parents for the day with leftovers. Now its at home with the inlaws, leftovers and the Mother in Law and I did the Run for Mum in Maynooth. However it isn't happening this year so I guess we may just bring my little boy for a walk down the new canal walk or something

• Advertisement

We're into the teens!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

The dog is on the mend but feels like its being punished. We have visitors staying who obviously don't want to be getting up at 6am however when we go down to the dog and she gets excited she keeps smashing her cone off everything and it sounds like we are kicking a bucket around.

Work Christmas drinks with a client after work yesterday, I am dead on my feet already. My flight app says 8 days to go!!!

Already drooling over the thought of a christmas dinner and a real chipper.

Loughc wrote:
    Oh French girl you’ve made my night

Very glad to hear that.

Happy festive drinking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Morning elves! I’m wearing a Christmas jumper to work today.

Morning elves! I’m wearing a Christmas jumper to work today.

So am I!

But that's already my third time wearing Christmas jumper to work this year (I wore one for the first time last Monday).

Now come on, elves, join in! 🎅

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I think I might chance that Ballycastle stuff. Sounds delish! Partial to a Baileys at Christmas but refuse to pay the price for the real deal lol!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I buy Ballycastle all the time. When I say I'm having hot chocolate with Baileys I actually mean Ballycastle. They have two types though. One is whiskey based and the other fortified wine so keep an eye on that if you have a preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Caught the Guinness advert a couple of times last night, was always my rule of thumb that it wasn't really christmas until I saw that advert so if there was any doubt, theres none now.

All the talk of baileys etc. yesterday got me thinking about whether we had any left as we'd made a baileys cheesecake a few weeks back. Ended up we didnt have any (cant be having that!!), so I popped out to get a bottle last night as I had to pick up some wines as well, not cheap is it!! Still I decided its worth the extra few bob & went all in for a large bottle. I fully intend to make a rather large dent in that between now & January!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We call the fake Bailey's "Failey's" in our house. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We are having a Christmas jumper day in work on Friday but I will be out on a client site so will miss it :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m planning on wearing a Christmas shirt and breaking it out for the Christmas carol service rehearsal!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

kitten_k wrote: »
    We are having a Christmas jumper day in work on Friday but I will be out on a client site so will miss it :(:(
    We have our Christmas party this Friday and our Christmas jumper day, plus 12 Pubs, next Friday. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I think I might chance that Ballycastle stuff. Sounds delish! Partial to a Baileys at Christmas but refuse to pay the price for the real deal lol!

BallyCastle is great !

We had a joke about it a few years ago but were pleasantly surprised how good it was- now we get it every Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Posy wrote:
    We have our Christmas party this Friday and our Christmas jumper day, plus 12 Pubs, next Friday.
    Our party is Friday, busy week for you better start practicing for the 12 ;)

Wh hear can honestly say they have completed the 12 pubs? A full pint or shot in a pub, no longer than 30 mins in each, only allowed pee in the fourth pub and then every second pub thereafter.

We have our Christmas party, all 5 of us (we got bought by a multinational last year but refuse to go to their 'End of year dry celebration') next Wednesday at noon. Irish pub for some reason (I'm not organising it), I'll be wrecked Thursday and fly home Friday.

We just realised last night we will not be able to bring back white pudding and lumps of ham as we fly back here and then straight on to somewhere else for a week before we go home. So I am going to have to eat a fry up every day to make up for it and Eddies bacon and cheese fries.

Not mad about baileys but the other half is. My vice at christmas is full fat coke, I could smash a 2 litre in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Jude13 wrote: »
    My vice at christmas is full fat coke, I could smash a 2 litre in a day.

Full fat coke!!!!!! :D:D:D I love it too! I have a tray stored up in the attic - can't wait to break that baby open!

With ice, drooling here. Toasted sambos with white pudding (all GF). That's my drunken nosebag.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Any suggestions of best site to get books/DVD.s My teenager has given me list of books and DVD.s she wants....
    Thanks in advance....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Any suggestions of best site to get books/DVD.s My teenager has given me list of books and DVD.s she wants....
    Thanks in advance....

Have a look at the book depository. free delivery!

• Advertisement

Amazon are good for both. But delivery times can get a bit sketchy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement