Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hope that the temperature settles down a little it makes it a bit awkward going out shopping/events in the evening. Even yesterday I saw a good few events cancelled. We can have snow from Christmas Eve evening. Even issue a weather alert that will close all shops on the 26th!

Christmas RTE Guide 2017!
    25299244_10155594336085189_7182674952230610002_n.jpg?oh=7a3e58f1e977119a219ceb3c337f5e9a&oe=5AC1F1EB

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is it just me or is that cover creepy AF?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Ye, I thought the same.......

Loughc wrote: »
    Is it just me or is that cover creepy AF?

I think I prefer it to last years one. The whole scrooge theme never does for me. I do understand where your coming from. The guy that illestartes them is very talented tough but I preferred the guide being like this when you could look at the clothes and see where they were bought/etc.

rteguide2014.jpg

• Advertisement

I also stumbled across this!
    christmasannual2017.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I really don't like having people on the cover. Bring back Dustin, I say!

Whispered wrote: »
    I really don't like having people on the cover. Bring back Dustin, I say!

I still see a few puppets on the cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Only catching up on posts now, we went into town yesterday evening before making our way to the theatre there was a nice athmosphere around Grafton Street went the Shelbourne for drinks and onto a couple of bars tired today not able for late nights
    Bitter cold today, I’ve to make another trip to Blanchardstown tomorrow with my mams hearing aids going to try and get my final few bits the rest can be bought locally might pay a visit to the M50 Christmas shop bring my mam along she’s never seen it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah lads stop the clock. Time is going by too quick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

We were in Killarney for the weekend, great atmosphere there, brilliant Christmas parade down through the town Saturday evening, Pennys was jointed Saturday afternoon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah lads stop the clock. Time is going by too quick :(
    Can't believe it's Christmas Day in 2 weeks! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Posy wrote: »
    Can't believe it's Christmas Day in 2 weeks! :eek:

It's coming faster than we think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I usually take it handy the night before a flight (usually don't drink the week of a flight especially if we have the wee one with us) so was stressing when my OH said she had planned something for the evening before we fly. I was thinking it would be something silly like a sky dive, she's been threatening this, but it turns out its a Christmas Concert!! "A family concert of carols and much loved Christmas classics performed by London Concert Orchestra Show Band"

So I am really looking forward to that. Not looking getting to bed late to get up again at 3am for a jammed long haul flight though. But hey ho. Nearly there.

Packing tonight and taking the stitches out of the mutts leg. Have our Christmas party tomorrow, crawl to work Thursday, night of carols, bed and then up to fly home.

I've been posting on this forum most of the year and being away from home it really gives me a lift. When I get home I rarely log on as so much is going on, ditto for the next few days so to everyone, in case I forget to post later, the year round elves and the seasonal Elves have a Merry Christmas!

And in case you don’t get a chance to log on before your flight, safe flight and happy Christmas Jude :D

Enjoy your trip home. It must feel amazing coming home.

Cheers kid, you too. My first Christmas as a married man, and your's too I believe?

Im sure I will be posting from the airport very early Friday morning, but would be too excited to remember to thanks the elves. Looking forward to a bag of real chipper chips, white pudding and pints in town on Sunday.

When Jude comes home, it's really Christmas. :D

I think the forum often sees a dip around Christmas week or so as people are busy busy with their 'real' lives!

Safe flight and enjoy the party and the concert. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Safe flight Jude! Not long to go now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

You'd know there was loads of carol singing going on in the schools. My young lad is belting out new tunes every day.

Cheers for all the well wishes, (wipes tear from eye) awful dusty in here.

My OH is a teacher however they are not allowed religious songs or the mention of Christmas in her school however they still use most of the words and the tunes worked with new lyrics, some of the abominations I had to hear this year at the 'End of Year Celebration'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Safe flight Jude and I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

I was off yesterday and I had a lovely festive day with my husband. Back to work today but at least there are only 8 more early mornings until Christmas and I've put up some lights and a little tree so the office is looking a bit more appealing this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We've had the vomiting bug in our house this weekend. Not pretty! But glad to have had it this weekend instead of over the Christmas!

Safe home Jude & enjoy the time with your loved ones!

I was off yesterday and I had a lovely festive day with my husband. Back to work today but at least there are only 8 more early mornings until Christmas and I've put up some lights and a little tree so the office is looking a bit more appealing this morning!

6 more early mornings for me thank god!!!

Lucky! Although it was lovely walking out into a frosty winter wonderland this morning. If the next 8 mornings are like that I’ll be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

In two weeks it will all be over.

So sad tbh. I'm loving all my decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I got my copy of the Christmas Guide today

Lucky! Although it was lovely walking out into a frosty winter wonderland this morning. If the next 8 mornings are like that I’ll be happy!

So true it was beautiful out there this morning the footpaths sparkled the whole way to the bus. Like one big decoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

6 more for me too! Boss confirmed my leave today so finishing next Wed & not back until the 3rd! Practically 2 full weeks off! Can't wait! :D

• Advertisement

I thought it would be crazy slippy this morning, but it was lovely and soft and crunchy underfoot.
    I was still careful though- nobody wants a repeat of RTE Man Falling on the Ice. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement