Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭bren2001

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    quick question,i want to order a golf trolley but its only appearing on the uk site but on the uk site it allows me to use my irish address.
    has anyone got anything sent to ireland by ordering through the uk site?

thank you

Yeah, you can order through the UK site and get delivery to Ireland. I've done it with golf stuff in the past.

The difference being you pay in GBP and not EUR. So it can end up being more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Seve OB wrote: »
    yes

great!! thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

They won't deliver some of the larger items to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

I always use UK site and always pay in Euro as their rate is much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

I got a £20 voucher even though I pay in euros all the time, will I be able to use it ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

What is delivery like these days? Heading on holidays next weekend, just wondering if I ordered this evening would I get them by next Friday?

What is delivery like these days? Heading on holidays next weekend, just wondering if I ordered this evening would I get them by next Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Delivery isn't too bad, I ordered stuff Monday evening and it's in Dublin now ( thursday) so expecting delivery to Galway tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

ordered sunday arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I tried to order to my Irish address and then to parcel connect and I couldn't deliver to either. What am I doing wrong?

• Advertisement

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

yellow hen wrote:
    I tried to order to my Irish address and then to parcel connect and I couldn't deliver to either. What am I doing wrong?

Are you getting a message saying your address is wrong? Or at what stage is it going wrong for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nortcider

chases0102 wrote: »

I ordered stuff last Monday and got it on Wednesday. Mind you, it was delivered at 7:45pm. Never got a courier delivery that late before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Ordered late on Monday and got delivery before lunch today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

390116.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

DERICKOO wrote: »
    Anyone been overcharged by Sports Direct.
    I was over the weekend made my transaction at GBP120.67 plus GBP6.66 postage less gift voucher GBP20 equals GBP107.33 in Invoice accounts.
    Send email billed at GBP 140.67 showed straight away on my credit card as €154.
    I made PDFs of the invoice i paid GBP 107.33 and the email billing i got to show the discrepancies.Both SPinvoice numbers are identical except the amount. there was a gift voucher used for GBP 20 voucher number and pin code used for GBP 20 and was excepted i paid my GBP 107.33 But was debited GBP 140.67.:mad:

Never been overcharged
    Contact customer services or your credit card to get the money back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Has anyone else noticed that the selection of running shoes has been reduced, or at least in my size it has (13). The last time I ordered a few months ago most pairs were available in that size, but now it's a really pared back selection. Anyone got any suggestions for an alternative to SD if it continues?

Cheers.

brophs wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the selection of running shoes has been reduced, or at least in my size it has (13). The last time I ordered a few months ago most pairs were available in that size, but now it's a really pared back selection. Anyone got any suggestions for an alternative to SD if it continues?

Cheers.

I got a couple of pairs size 14 from reebok, 50% sale and 20% code I posted recently in bargain alerts
    Check eBay for Nike, I have uk address with parcel wizard and can get €150 pair for €50 delivered to the door - flyknits - roshe etc
    Sports direct aren't great for trainers over size 12

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mazzybabsxx

Just about to place a large order online, anyone have any codes before i do... much appreciated!!

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I got a couple of pairs size 14 from reebok, 50% sale and 20% code I posted recently in bargain alerts
    Check eBay for Nike, I have uk address with parcel wizard and can get €150 pair for €50 delivered to the door - flyknits - roshe etc
    Sports direct aren't great for trainers over size 12

Have you a link to this eBay seller?

• Advertisement

Casey78 wrote: »
    Have you a link to this eBay seller?

Lots of sellers on there just search Nike trainers and refine the search to your size, I have bought from different sellers this year, have about 20 pairs now so time to stop lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

I had a load of gear in my basket recently and SportsDirect wanted €65 for delivery! Unlike most shops the shipping increases on SportsDirect as your order gets larger. Didn't bother with the order obviously.

SportsDirect is not at all as cheap as it once was but they probably don't have to be once they've made a name for themselves.

They had free delivery at one time. Then they had the £ = € at one time too. Both a long time ago now. When's the last time there has been a good offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

JakeBell wrote: »
    I had a load of gear in my basket recently and SportsDirect wanted €65 for delivery! Unlike most shops the shipping increases on SportsDirect as your order gets larger. Didn't bother with the order obviously.

SportsDirect is not at all as cheap as it once was but they probably don't have to be once they've made a name for themselves.

They had free delivery at one time. Then they had the £ = € at one time too. Both a long time ago now. When's the last time there has been a good offer?

Coming up on 30 months, which was also the last time I used them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just about to place a large order online, anyone have any codes before i do... much appreciated!!

Thanks

No offence but you should at least try and look back through the thread. This was posted only 4 posts before yours.

ch750536 wrote: »
    390116.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

No offence but you should at least try and look back through the thread. This was posted only 4 posts before yours.

no offense but you should read the coupon you posted regards online ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Skerries wrote: »
    no offense but you should read the coupon you posted regards online ;)

Well don't I look like a díck. Apologies mazzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭degzs

Is there an alternative to SportsDirect?

I have found nothing as cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

not quite as cheap but www.mandmdirect.ie and www.getthelabel.com are ones I regularly buy from

degzs wrote: »
    Is there an alternative to SportsDirect?

I have found nothing as cheap!

Sports direct isn't cheap anymore and what they have that is cheap is an inferior quality product made by them
    I bought 4 Nike polo t shirts and they are crap and resemble ones from dunnes
    Nothing like the polos I have got from Nike in the past
    I bought slazenger trunks for holiday and on the first wear the two pockets came away from the stitching

eBay
    Asos
    Bargain alerts
    Nike outlet
    Reebok outlet
    Are my go to for clothes now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Overcharging issue posts have been split to a new thread in Consumer issues:> HERE

Advertisement