Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Any good football boots for around 50 euro? Haven't bought a pair in years so wouldn't know what I'm getting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

How do you guys get items delivered.. I know parcel motel etc.. but my account will not let me change country! It won't give any other options other than Ireland in the drop down list..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

amor3 wrote: »
    How do you guys get items delivered.. I know parcel motel etc.. but my account will not let me change country! It won't give any other options other than Ireland in the drop down list..

DHL delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

You need to use the uk site if you don't want to ship to ireland, i think it works ut to be a similar price..

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

upinthesky wrote: »
    You need to use the uk site if you don't want to ship to ireland, i think it works ut to be a similar price..

Thanks, kept saying no delivery to ireland. I've tried everything but that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

case885 wrote: »
    Any good football boots for around 50 euro? Haven't bought a pair in years so wouldn't know what I'm getting :D

To be perfectly honest SportsDirect have a fairly woeful selection of boots, they are almost all the ultra low end cheap as chips models of boot made from cheap synthetics or very poor leather if you you're lucky. If you can plan on playing for a team for a full season those boots won't last long. You'd find far better value buying last years high end model which can usually be got for between 80-100 depending on brand. I'd recommend checking adidas.ie SALE section and look for the 15.1 models, these are last years high end boots. Example would be;

http://www.adidas.ie/ace15.1-firm-artificial-ground-boots/S83209.html?pr=CUSTOMIZE_IMG_ACE15.1%2520Firm%252FArtificial%2520Ground%2520Boots

Alternatively you could go for the good quality low price boots from Nike and Adidas which are the Nike Premier and the Adidas Gloro. These can be got from anything from €60-100 and are high quality leather boots which will last you a good while if taken care of. Try www.prodirectsoccer.com as they often have good deals on those and many other brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

To be perfectly honest SportsDirect have a fairly woeful selection of boots, they are almost all the ultra low end cheap as chips models of boot made from cheap synthetics or very poor leather if you you're lucky. If you can plan on playing for a team for a full season those boots won't last long. You'd find far better value buying last years high end model which can usually be got for between 80-100 depending on brand. I'd recommend checking adidas.ie SALE section and look for the 15.1 models, these are last years high end boots. Example would be;

Alternatively you could go for the good quality low price boots from Nike and Adidas which are the Nike Premier and the Adidas Gloro. These can be got from anything from €60-100 and are high quality leather boots which will last you a good while if taken care of. Try

as they often have good deals on those and many other brands.

Cheers for the that it's a big help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I just got stuff from sportsdirect via parcel motel today - first time I've ordered from sportsdirect. I know what you mean re the country - so I left it with 'Ireland' as there was no other option. I guess it doesn't matter that much! (See pic of label)

Quite right, and you really need to do your homework before ordering anything from them. The general rule of thumb is that if the brand is owned by SD or the product is made for them specifically then quite simply not to buy it, especially where shoes are concerned!!!!!!!!! I speak from experience, once OK brands like no fear or airwalk who made decent low end skate shoes have gone to hell since SD took them over, you literally get cardboard over plastic now, and holes on the soles in lest than a month of normal wear , heaven forbid you actually skate in them :D

It's actually maddening when you see the sell price and the rrp price they advertise, no way they were ever worth the RRP or even what the postage costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

coffeepls wrote: »
    I just got stuff from sportsdirect via parcel motel today - first time I've ordered from sportsdirect. I know what you mean re the country - so I left it with 'Ireland' as there was no other option. I guess it doesn't matter that much! (See pic of label)

Why did you use parcel motel?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Seve OB wrote: »
    Why did you use parcel motel?

The same reason anyone uses them I suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Casey78 wrote: »
    The same reason anyone uses them I suspect.

But Sportsdirect deliver to Ireland, so no need for Parcel Motel

BDJW wrote: »
    But Sportsdirect deliver to Ireland, so no need for Parcel Motel

I use Parcel Motel because there is no one at my house during the day to receive a package.
    It's not just for getting stuff from the UK that isn't delivered to Ireland.

Casey78 wrote: »
    I use Parcel Motel because there is no one at my house during the day to receive a package.
    It's not just for getting stuff from the UK that isn't delivered to Ireland.

Makes more sense than your first answer anyway ;)

I've never used them, but few things I've spotted on net won't deliver to irl so am curious.

I take it that it basically costs you an extra delivery charge?

Could you not do what other people do and either have package sent to your work, friend, family, neighbour... Or get the slip the leave in your door and go and collect it yourself?

Makes more sense than your first answer anyway ;)

I've never used them, but few things I've spotted on net won't deliver to irl so am curious.

I take it that it basically costs you an extra delivery charge?

Could you not do what other people do and either have package sent to your work, friend, family, neighbour... Or get the slip the leave in your door and go and collect it yourself?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can we pleasssse have a bargain alert? Please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

vicwatson wrote: »
    Can we pleasssse have a bargain alert? Please

Jaysus, feel free to stick one up, don't let us stop you.

April10. Pretty sure i seen it here already but cant spot it now. Maybe it came to my email. Tenner off 80 spend i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

April10. Pretty sure i seen it here already but cant spot it now. Maybe it came to my email. Tenner off 80 spend i think
    APRIL10 - This discount code is not valid.

APRIL10 - This discount code is not valid.

My bad. Ill see can i dig it out. Maybe was for someone else :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

12 Hours only - 10% off Everlast: use code EVER10

Ends 6am Monday April 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

10% off running for a limited time - Enter code RUN10 at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Flash Sale at 4pm today (Friday 15th April)... will let u know if anything decent pops up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

as soon as it 4pm rolled around the banner changed to Saturday 5th April :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

20% off this weekend in all Heatons and Sports World ROI stores.

Heatons1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I know its been mentioned in the thread before that you can't return stuff from sportsdirect website in Heatons or Sportsworld stores. Has this changed with the new rebrand that's gonna happen?

If not, can anyone share the cheapest way to return things? I know Parcel Motel is about €15 so not great on a pair of €30 football boots!

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ask them to send you a Collect+ Return and then return using Parcel Motels Collect + Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Cheers for that. I've never heard of that service before.

From what I can see it will cost €3.50 from Parcel Motel and then £4.49 to Collect+ on the other side so probably around €9 instead of €15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

bazwaldo wrote: »
    20% off this weekend in all Heatons and Sports World ROI stores.

Heatons1.jpg

This didnt happen at all!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

This didnt happen at all!!!!

It did

Advertisement