Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect overcharging issue

Options
  • 18-07-2016 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Anyone been overcharged by Sports Direct.
    I was over the weekend made my transaction at GBP120.67 plus GBP6.66 postage less gift voucher GBP20 equals GBP107.33 in Invoice accounts.
    Send email billed at GBP 140.67 showed straight away on my credit card as €154.
    I made PDFs of the invoice i paid GBP 107.33 and the email billing i got to show the discrepancies.Both SPinvoice numbers are identical except the amount. there was a gift voucher used for GBP 20 voucher number and pin code used for GBP 20 and was excepted i paid my GBP 107.33 But was debited GBP 140.67.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Never been overcharged
    Contact customer services or your credit card to get the money back
    Yes got a reply only to tell me credit was giver for the voucher but does not explain the difference of GBP 33.34 CREDIT CARD was debited by.
    HE did not read email i sent fully.
    Again invoice amount GBP 107.33 showing voucher of GBP20 TAKEN OFF
    Credit card debited by GBP 140.67. Difference GBP 33.34.

There are 3 emails waiting for him . I am not a happy camper.

DERICKOO wrote: »
    Anyone been overcharged by Sports Direct.
    I was over the weekend made my transaction at GBP120.67 plus GBP6.66 postage less gift voucher GBP20 equals GBP107.33 in Invoice accounts.
    I made PDFs of the invoice i paid GBP 107.33 and the email billing i got to show the discrepancies.Both SPinvoice numbers are identical except the amount. there was a gift voucher used for GBP 20 voucher number and pin code used for GBP 20 and was excepted i paid my GBP 107.33 But was debited GBP 140.67.:mad:
    Update email i received from SD

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that I have forwarded this over to a Supervisor to look into for you.

Once I have received a response I will update you accordingly.

Email i sent back

Thank you .........
    Be advised that I purchased these items at a price shown of GBP120.67 Less voucher 0f GBP 20 this Amount is GBP 107.33.
    Sum I paid and Authorized by credit card company for.

Not GBP140.67 as taken unlawfully from my account.

The documentation I have provided already shows that I was overcharged by SD this legally is an offense.
    If this matter is not rectified I will be making a formal complaint with VISA .
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

I,m unable to follow through with a purchase this evening on sportsdirect. Im trying PayPal and VISAdebit but both say, "There was a problem processing your payment, please try again or try a different payment method."

Has this ever happened to anybody?

And now I logged out and logged back in and my basket is empty.

EDIT: its all back now.... Maybe things went a bit odd when the DEALS were changing over times.

Still cant complete payment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anyone ever been overcharged delivery?
    I ordered and end porch for a tent and delivery cost €14.99. Only afterwards I realised full tents were coming up as €6.98 for delivery so I rang and spoke to a supervisor who said there wasn an issue with the delivery charge on that item but never got back to me about it. I've sent them an email now to see what they say but not holding my breath.

• Advertisement

Anyone else having problems with payment. I've tried everything from changing address to emptying my basket and starting again to selecting the express postage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Sports direct isn't cheap anymore and what they have that is cheap is an inferior quality product made...

I've stopped buying from them. Got fed up with receiving items that were obviously b-grade rejects. e.g. paid 130 euro for a medium sized Berghaus jacket and the arms on it were so tight I could barely fit them in. Looked in the mirror and it you could tell the arms on the fuppin jacket must have been for the small size.

Another one I got had faulty stitching all over it. I mean every seam. It was clearly a reject.

Another Karrimor fleece I got the neck on it was so big you could fit two peoples heads through it.

Maybe I got lucky with earlier orders or maybe they've gone downhill but that's me done with them.

Damokc wrote: »
    I,m unable to follow through with a purchase this evening on sportsdirect. Im trying PayPal and VISAdebit but both say, "There was a problem processing your payment, please try again or try a different payment method."

Has this ever happened to anybody?

I think and can speak from recent experience that there payment system is flawed either software screw-up or intentional. The errors are getting more frequent in there favor.
    Still have not gotten a reply to my overcharging of GBP 33.34 will have to do via visa but i only wish i could charge them for the time i have spent chasing this.

I've never ever had any problems with them until now. I've tried on different devices too but nothing is working

Update email i received from SD

Please be advised that I have forwarded this over to a Supervisor to look into for you.

Once I have received a response I will update you accordingly.

Email i sent back

Thank you .........
    Be advised that I purchased these items at a price shown of GBP120.67 Less voucher 0f GBP 20 this Amount is GBP 107.33.
    Sum I paid and Authorized by credit card company for.

Not GBP140.67 as taken unlawfully from my account.

The documentation I have provided already shows that I was overcharged by SD this legally is an offense.
    Regards
    Here is the latest in fight for justice TO GET MY MONEY BACK with SPORTS DIRECT.
    I have left out the names but this is now getting comical i am beginning to wonder if anyone in customer service has a functional brain.

New email received from Customer service i have underlined the stupidity of this email thay the amount was correct and that i was not charged enough.

Dear........,

Please be advised that after looking into this we can see that you have been charged correctly for this order. The items that you have purchased come to a total of £140.67. The delivery charge of the order was £6.66 which brings the total amount of the order to £147.33.
    You have also used the £20 gift card on the order which brings the amount you have paid by card down to £127.33.

You can see the correct charges on your invoice once this has been delivered. You can also see this on the confirmation emails that have been sent out for you.
    Kind regards,

Customer Services

From me to customer service
    Hi.........

Please open attachments and look again.

I Authorized my credit card company to debit my card for GBP 107.33 ...see attachment...

My account was then debited GBP140.67 see attachment.

Difference GBP 33.34 overcharge which i did not authorize.

I did not authorize the payment of GBP140.67
    and i can prove I only authorized the payment of GBP107.33.
    You can try and talk your company out of responsibility but the proof is in the attachments.
    I am waiting for my paperwork to arrive from Bank Of Ireland for visa claim.

Regards

This will be the last time i will ever deal with this company

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Split from main Sportsdirect thread in Bargain alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Please be advised that after looking into this we can see that you have been charged correctly for this order. The items that you have purchased come to a total of £140.67. The delivery charge of the order was £6.66 which brings the total amount of the order to £147.33.
    You have also used the £20 gift card on the order which brings the amount you have paid by card down to £127.33.

This will be the last time i will ever deal with this company

Sorry but I think you're not following it correctly and SD are right.

Price: 147 - 20 = 127

127 GBP = APPROX 152 EUR which they charged you. They're right.

ED E wrote: »
    Sorry but I think you're not following it correctly and SD are right.

Price: 147 - 20 = 127

127 GBP = APPROX 152 EUR which they charged you. They're right.

Subtotal
    £120.67
    Delivery £6.66
    Gift Card (73261623916734297000) -£20.00
    Discount £0.00
    Total £107.33
    INVOICE I paid have the full in PDFs and still visible on site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Regards

Frpm the moment a complainant starts uses the BS of "legal" when they don't have an iota of a clue, the company dealing with it loses total interest in trying to sort it out.

You can be certain that the customer in the next email will say that "I will never buy from you again" - and as to form, you've done this too.

So you have goven the company zero interest in dealing wth your issue and as such they will just ignore it.

Next time you complain - be very nice, very polite, accept that error can be made, suggest that you would be a regular customer - and guess what? Most companies will bend over backwards to ensure you are happy.

I never understand why people think that shouting and threatening and quoting "legal" will get them anywhere - those complaints are always filed uner "bin"

Advertisement