Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭appledrop

Getting out in the park early for a few hours when the weather is lovely and then the heavy showers coming just as you have the car all packed out ready to go home😁

Post edited by appledrop on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Bumblebees. They're back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is Richard III yer man who was found in the car park ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

i bought it box of Toblerone ruffles and they have exceeded my expectations

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No problem I was in stitches myself 🤣🤣

Th had a sweet little visitor today 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He was. His father also famously gave battle in vain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Of course it's trivial, but yesterday I came 3rd in the final of the Diamond League tournament in Duolingo! 😃 I've only been doing it for about 4 months, but I 'completed' Irish last week, so I've started Polish now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lisbon.

• Advertisement

I’ve spring cleaned my house all weekend, feeling very proud of myself - just the dog’s room to do tomorrow - and I’ve just eaten my Lindt gold bunny!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

had an amazing takeaway from my local Asian place. Melt in your mouth extra spicy beef chow mein with noodles & chips…very satisfied…. Been a while…. Won’t be as long until next time… 4 empty plates.

that I managed to fix my glasses from falling off my head without breaking them , with a pair of needle nosed plyers

Dominic Calvert Lewin’s penalty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not so much a ta as a trivial laugh,

There were lots and lots of ppl walking on the path ahead of me on Thursday, many had their dogs with them and were walking more slowly than usual as they had coffees or ice creams in their hands. I got caught behind a young couple and their older Berner puppy (about knee high but wide as it is their breed, this puppy is the image of the president's dog)

Outside one of the pubs there was a cargo bike parked the cyclist had one of his dogs in the hold of the bike and the other was on the path drinking and collecting pets from the ppl sitting outside of the adjacent pubs. The cyclist was taking some boneo's out of the box while the dog on the path came over to sniff the Burner's bum, that dog turned to see what was happening as did the ppl with him, when I looked back the Berners was fixated in the extreme on the box and the boneos biscuit in the man's hand and not one bit bothered about a potentially aggressive dog at their bum.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sitting in the Sun having a wine, the sun is finally out in Portugal, firsr day of wearing shorts...Of course I'm going home tomorrow !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

We need to train cats to clear moss off roofs and crap out of gutters etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try throwing some crushed peanuts or dry cat food in there. The crows and blackbirds will have a field day and dig the lot up. I often find chunks of moss and soil on the ground that they've taken out of the gutters (I should get the ladder, really…).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I have to go up on a ladder. I hate it. I get the other half to hold the ladder, so at least if I die, she can say at my funeral that he died doing what he hated. 😆😆😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

Got some spicy chicken wings in Camile Thai on the way home last night. There were 8-9 on the tray that looked like they’d been there a while and the chap went to put on a fresh batch. No need says I, I quiet like the wings when they’ve been sitting for a while as they are drier with more flavour. They gave me all of the wings that were left AND threw in a couple of duck spring rolls for free. Made my day, but I’m easily pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

I saved a bee today. Big fuzzy dude flew into the conservatory and somehow got his leg caught in a serrated edge of a plant leaf, really seemed stuck and panicking.

I used a pen to gently prise him away from it and he was so happy he flew at full speed face first into a window before leaving through the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

You don't need to input your insurance details anymore when you tax car online..tf, it's the small things. 😁

My rescue dog has been with me two years tomorrow, and she looks at me with more love than any man has!!

It might be that she knows where the dental sticks live but I’ll take it!!!

There’s an extra MOTD on tonight

that reminds me I must get a few flowers in my garden

watching the French diver make a hames of his dive . Its like he man who fell on ice 😁

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭sporina

not only had I thought that I had lost one burts bees lip balm stick - but two - but then tonight I discovered that they slipped through a hole (which I didn't know existed) in the lining of my coat pocket - woo hoo..

There's a F1 team principal called Mike Krack . Say it quickly

• Advertisement

This is m 500th post!!!

And I have Toblerone!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Funny story, he took his mothers surname, his father's surname is Hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Discovering that the tv series of the Shardlake series of books will be out next month on Disney+. Love those books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Us amateur photographers is my TH

I was getting our intercity coach home which takes an hour or so and there was the most beautiful vivid rainbow. I was taking photos with zero skill and my 6 years old crappy phone and sending (possibly annoying) friends on WhatsApp. I looked across the aisle and a girl was doing the exact same thing. Dammit, I could have said hello and asked to compare pics but I did nothing. 😔

Today I saw a hot air balloon and I even saw the flame when gas fired to gain altitude and I was taking photos. Looking across the road and someone was doing the same.

Viva to amateur photographers 🤗

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Getting ready for bed, teeth brushed, face routine done, pjs on long before bed so I can just go straight to bed when I feel tired

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The Kindle app appears to be working on my tablet. It's literally the only thing I use the device for so that's good.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I had calls all over the city yesterday, and I knew I would be out in the evening as well. Walking past a well-known fast food "restaurant" sparked the memory that a youngster I worked with had given me a 2e off voucher for them. So I got my favourite meal at a reduced price and only had to take two phone calls while I was eating.

Th, I got to eat at a reasonable time, love the spices on their chicken, have 2e back in my purse and not having to waste time looking for or cooking food meant I was home earlier than I would have been without the voucher.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Finishing work on a Friday when it is not raining biblically.

I found a Terrys chocolate orange . 🍊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

M&S custard creams. They really are a superior custard cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Tired dogs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That arsenal and city ate out of the champions league . Petty , as a Liverpool supporter , but gratifying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lost a motorbike key on Saturday morning and I've been searching everyday since so more than TH to find it down the back garden today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

The smell of freshly mown grass.

Two donkeys have moved into the field across the road, in the field next to the sheep and lambs. Sure I'll get nothing done with looking out the window 😍

Miamee. You should know the rules, by now. Pics, or GTFO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I am delighted that Liverpool were knocked out last night.

Manchester City fan since the late 1970s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Jiggly Pops are back!! They're the Aldi version of Wibbly Wobbly Wonders, and they're marvellous! I just finished my second one today. 😋

• Advertisement
Advertisement