Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A voice note from a friend who paid me some lovely compliments :) She’ll never know how much they mean to me :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Out walking this afternoon, at one point on a path in the park, there's a very slight slope down to the end.

A little fellow, about three came by on a scooter, and gave what could only be described as a cackle of laughter, as he scooted down the slope.

Everyone that happened to be around, just grinned. No matter what kind of a day any of us were having, a child's pure joy at such an innocent thing, cheered everyone up, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I used a fluffy sock earlier to make the worst handpuppet in history and pretended that it was biting off my ear - my eight month old thought this was so funny she nearly passed out laughing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got out the expensive body lotion my aunt gave me last year. The scent is gorgeous, a real pick me up for these miserable days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

I've figured it out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Our wonderful paramedics. I am truly grateful for them today. My fiance was found unconscious due to his diabetes. The paramedics who arrived to help him were absolutely amazing. Working in torrential rain to help him. Thank god for these wonderful people.

KatW4 wrote: »
    Our wonderful paramedics. I am truly grateful for them today. My fiance was found unconscious due to his diabetes. The paramedics who arrived to help him were absolutely amazing. Working in torrential rain to help him. Thank god for these wonderful people.

Hope he will be ok.

Antares35 wrote:
    Hope he will be ok.

He's alright now and home! Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

KatW4 wrote: »
    He's alright now and home! Thank you :)

Let them know how much you appreciate them, send them a card.
    I met a fabulous nurse when I was having my son, there was something very caring about her.
    After his birth, I sent her a card with his photo on it to tell her I really appreciated her. I used to meet her.out shopping for years after and she would remember me and the card.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Selling things online and giving them to a good home :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Got a birthday card form my grandsons.
    Some lovely messages in them.

Really picked me up.[Hes 2 1/2 and his brother is 1 so they didnt write it but the sentiment behind it made my day.]

Let them know how much you appreciate them, send them a card. I met a fabulous nurse when I was having my son, there was something very caring about her. After his birth, I sent her a card with his photo on it to tell her I really appreciated her. I used to meet her.out shopping for years after and she would remember me and the card.

That is so lovely, what a great idea! Thank you, I'll do that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Saw a trailer for the final instalment of a strategy game trilogy today. It's coming out late this year and it occurred to me that it's been long time since I looked forward to anything so this is nice.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I woke p today in a great mood .And for once it stuck around.
    Hopefully it happens again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Youngest granddaughter nearly two , saying Alright today !
    Clear as day and in a happy tone , onwards and upwards little one !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Meeting lucky the tabby the other day and she galloping over to me meowing mad and telling me all the news.
    Saw a trailer for the final instalment of a strategy game trilogy today. It's coming out late this year and it occurred to me that it's been long time since I looked forward to anything so this is nice.

War hammar 3 ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

War hammar 3 ?

Kislev.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

The fact that this month starts on a Monday, ends on a Sunday and is exactly four weeks long. I like that kind of symmetry. It makes it easier to know the date offhand in these Groundhog Day times too. They should just make every month like this.

Been having a bad 24 hours - headache, crippling anxiety, worrying how I'll tell work I'm pregnant, just an endless list... And I got an email just now from my boss saying well done and brilliant for some work I did. It made me want to cry (in a good way!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The hearing for my friend's divorce was yesterday, despite it being a mutual agreement, he was a wreck about it.
    Once he was back in work he called me, he was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy, like a child at Christmas.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Since we went back in Sept I've been having communication problems with a particular person, IMO she is not answering very clear questions but she seems to think she is great!
    Yes I had a chat with a person who is higher up the ladder than she is and privy to the same information and he agrees with me, it's not the way I'm reading it, she is not answering the questions I ask.

As she is the only one with these answers it was freaking me out, now I can let it go and just do what I think.

So relieved and happy at that.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you are cutting something with a scissors and the scissors just glides through it with no effort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

TH that in the midst of me having an absolute 'mare with my car this week, a load of small issues and some big ones, I had a day of people being fierce sound, helping me push start it, tow it, sort out a problem with the starter, and fixing it eventually...but...

Driving to the auto electrician, (after the push start, and before the tow), I got a blast of (insert embarrassing album here) at volume level 50
    :o
    My speakers kicked back in at random, having had no radio/music for about 5 months!!!

Never so happy to lose my hearing temporarily, having music or radio makes me a nicer person on the road :)

A late birthday card in the post that I thought was lost turned up. :) I love hand written things.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

This thread reminds me of a guys Bebo page I remember seeing back in the day.

As some of you are aware the default Bebo profile has headings such as Favourite song, Favourite Quote etc.

Under "Happiest when" he put "****"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

lucalux wrote: »
    TH that in the midst of me having an absolute 'mare with my car this week, a load of small issues and some big ones, I had a day of people being fierce sound, helping me push start it, tow it, sort out a problem with the starter, and fixing it eventually...but...

Driving to the auto electrician, (after the push start, and before the tow), I got a blast of (insert embarrassing album here) at volume level 50
    :o
    My speakers kicked back in at random, having had no radio/music for about 5 months!!!

Never so happy to lose my hearing temporarily, having music or radio makes me a nicer person on the road :)

Is it a Skoda, by chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

New Home wrote: »
    Is it a Skoda, by chance?

Tisn't a Skoda, no, just a very neglected, battered auld Toyota, water ingress and corrosion the main nemesis.
    In fairness, it's been trooping along for a good while without massive issues, so I really shouldn't complain

Another TH, I bought myself daffodils when in town, first ones of the year for me.
    Nothing like the smell of hyacinths and daffodils in Jan or Feb. Grey outside?
    I'll have a mini jungle in here thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When you get up early and get the weekly shopping done and home by 9.30am. Car park filling up as I left and a queue forming outside the supermarket - all of which I'd have to face if I stayed in bed - couldn't sleep anyway so great to have the rest of the weekend to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

When I was a kid an older boy got his younger brother to kick me in the shin. Stayed away from them after that. Last year the older guy got part of his leg amputated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

jesus christ......

My dog, who barely pays much attention to me, actually cried at me to give him a biscuit today. And he wagged his tail when he saw me walking towards him to open the back door to let him out. He usually wants his mammy to do all the running after him, but today he wanted me :D

Advertisement