Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The above post is so sweet. Sometime, like us, they just want a hug. My TH, my rescue dog has started wagging his tail, about three months since I got him. He was terrified for a long time.

Out for a walk this morning, drizzling a little bit but I made it back just before the downpour of “soft hail” hit the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Its not so trivial I don't think, but I messed up last year with being late (lockdown & loosing track of time) putting my sons name down for secondary school. The school is in a better area than the other two schools I had his name down for.

Eventually put his name down but he then wasn't offered a place & was put on the waiting list.
    I was devastated but accepted that it was my fault for being late.

Didn't think he stood a chance of getting a place because of the location of the school, but I got an email to say he now has a place in the school.

For the first time in my life, I think, I actually cried with happiness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The dog is finally after coming in after trying to blackmail and bribe him all day. Now he is snoozing between the TV and myself and he is gently whistling in his sleep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I got a new phone which is great.

It is amazing how my old phone immediately seems like an archaic piece of sh*t next to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

Not trivial but the numbers are slowly coming down ......normality is another day closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I enjoyed Davy's toughest family or whatever it's called. One of the young fellas will be handsome in a few years. (Don't judge me haha)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th Chatting to my nearly 3 year old niece on the phone and my brother on the phone briefly and when we were saying bye, she said in her very Aussie little accent "good bye mate!" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Doing a good deed and giving to a charity (ok a cats and dogs one but still!) I'd forgotten the importance of giving when we can and how good it can feel. A break from the toxic negative shíte that I usually subscribe to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lynn Benfield

The zoom call footage of the lawyer who is unable to get rid of his cat face filter. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The zoom call footage of the lawyer who is unable to get rid of his cat face filter. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

I just love this video! From the worried look in the cats eyes to his thinking that there was a need to state that he is not a cat :D:D

Seriously though, how are the other two lawyers not rolling around pissing themselves at this?

Seriously though, how are the other two lawyers not rolling around pissing themselves at this?

Occupational hazard, lack of sense of humour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The crunch of snow underfoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Pancake Tuesday in a few days time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Last day of online school work!! It's mid term finally and then I'm back to school on the 22nd. I am so delighted!!!!!

Also, I was just handed a roll full of sausages. What a great day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Ordering a gift for a work colleague who's just welcomed their first child into the world. :)

Rubbing my cat.

Followed by rubbing my dog. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Listening to the wind and hailstones on the window while cosy in bed with a hot water bottle and candles lit. Heaven!

In my happy place. :) The wind is howling outside but all is good inside. :)

• Advertisement

My mother and the grandkids making pancake batter for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The chicken wasn’t defrosted on time for dinner yesterday, so I am having Sunday roast on a Monday

Pancake Tuesday today

There's a lovely feeling of Spring in the air today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Little Alfie snuggled with me on the couch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

After a very pressurised 11 months with work, and rather unbelievably, having to jump through hoops to get to today, I got my 1st vaccine this morning.
    Relieved and happy and yeah, I think I'm gonna celebrate.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Made some Connie Dodgers for tomorrow.

Not that I keep a fast or anything but its in memory of my father who always enjoyed bending the rules when it came to religion.

The Cork people will know what I mean!!

I met an old neighbour/ friend today when out for a walk who I haven't seen for so long. We got chatting and my little dog was so happy to see her again too. She texted afterwards saying we should do a chat and socially distanced coffee this week. I felt this weird kind of elated feeling, as if I hadn't realised how much I actually miss people.

I mean, I'm the first to extol the virtues of WFH and making the most of lockdown in terms of saving etc but, that unexpected little chat just made my day, and I think there are elements of my old life I didn't even know I missed.

Just back from a lovely walk. Feel great after it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

branie2 wrote: »
    Pancake Tuesday today
    We should have then more often- yum yum. The french and yanks have them on a regular basis.
    They are quick and easy, why we only have them once a year?

Advertisement