Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

We should have then more often- yum yum. The french and yanks have them on a regular basis.
    They are quick and easy, why we only have them once a year?

Have to admit I love pancakes too , and always ask myself on Shrove Tuesday why I don't make them more often for myself :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm not mad about pancakes (the thick kind), but I looooooove crêpes, be they sweet, savoury, with no filling or topping at all, I don't care.

New Home wrote: »
    I'm not mad about pancakes (the thick kind), but I looooooove crêpes, be they sweet, savoury, with no filling or topping at all, I don't care.

Oh I don't like the thick ones either NH , have perfected the art of making lovely thin ones !
    (No art , just luck really!)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Oh I don't like the thick ones either NH , have perfected the art of making lovely thin ones !

The word you're looking for is "skills", Mo4. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I can't make the fluffy thin ones. Mine turn out thick and doughy :(

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

If you beat the albumen separately and fold it into the batter they usually come out lighter.

Just had the nicest bowl of homemade soup. Yummy yummy get in my tummy :D

New Home wrote: »
    The word you're looking for is "skills", Mo4. :)

I have skills ? :eek:

Thank you NH!
    TH that I have skills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

TH that England keeps getting beaten by her former colonies at her national sport (cricket)

TAoKi83.gif

There's the most beautiful smell of lillies in the kitchen. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Just off the phone from my neighbour ... I’m bringing him to get his vaccine tomorrow. The man is delighted!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 neutral bystander

You know when you've been feeling down and worried and you just decide to give yourself a day off from it all and not care.

As part of my day off, I'm going to have a super bubbly bubble bath, do my hair and makeup real nice, get into my jammies, light a blazing fire, get cosy and then order a humongous chinese takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Fryup in a little while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My cat got into bed with me this morning. He was so cute. No matter which way I turned or curled up, he curled up right next to me. He was like a furry hot water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just ordered the Mother's Day box from Michael's. Cannae wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Home from hospital yesterday.Was in for 9 days,longest days of my life
    Delighted to be hoe now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

dubstarr wrote: »
    Home from hospital yesterday.Was in for 9 days,longest days of my life
    Delighted to be hoe now.

Hugs

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Enjoying a lovely Belgian Beer (actually a Belgian Style beer from Latvia) in front of a nice briquette fire watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix

I must say Liverpool's monumental collapse has been enjoyable to observe. :)

About to get a fry up going with all the works. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Peace and quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A grand stretch in the evenings

Flock of sparrows going nuts each morning now outside the window. It's just cheep, cheep, cheep, they can't sing but they are so full of enthusiasm. Even in wet weather. Never give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My car is all packed up with my school stuff ready to go back in tomorrow. I am so nervous but so excited to see my little ones.

Now I will relax for the evening and eat far too much food! :D

The peace and comfort of bed. Ah it's lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I treated my 31-year-old-man-child-self to these off Amazon.

image.png

Horizontal on the couch after a tiring day. I think lying down is my new favourite pastime. :D

A rover landing on mars with a helicopter on board, transmitting HD video to earth via orbiting satellites ...
    This is not trivial, it's really awesome, in the real sense of that word, but the fact that I was treating this as trivial, until I had to stop and think and realise this, makes me happy. :)

After watching one of the most inspiring documentaries I've ever seen called, into the storm: surfing to survive. I will admit I shed a tear a couple of times watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

The thing, which is certainly not a trivial thing, that made me happy today was hearing the news of our elderly citizens getting vaccination appointments all around the country for Thursday and Friday of this week. These are the people in complete lockdown for the last year and finally getting an opportunity to start dreaming of a real life again. These are the people who also laid the groundwork for the transformation of Ireland into a first world country, so they should be cherished and protected.

Advertisement