Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,072 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Or the Gardaí are doing their job well,unhindered discovering no crime (according to the British Times source)
    Simpler still :)

Gardai collect evidence and the DPP decides whether it's a crime and prosecutable.

Premature of the source and you to be pronouncing a verdict.

Who confessed to a wrong doing?

Leo, after he was exposed by The Village Magazine

Gardai collect evidence and the DPP decides whether it's a crime and prosecutable.

Premature of the source and you to be pronouncing a verdict.

The source said the document wasn't protected and that vradakar had no gain,so wheres the crime?
    Theres a reason the garda source said its going to contain no recommendation
    This ones slipping from your grasp I'm afraid and the government knew this all along which is why they were happy to move on
    My advice is to find a new boxset :)

I wonder how Wifi Paddy is taking the news? Sulking I'd say.

The source said the document wasn't protected and that vradakar had no gain,so wheres the crime?
    Theres a reason the garda source said its going to contain no recommendation
    This ones slipping from your grasp I'm afraid and the government knew this all along which is why they were happy to move on
    My advice is to find a new boxset :)

The 'source' could be the cleaner.

The DPP will decide on this not the Gardai.

You have to sit on tenderhooks for a while longer. Not a good look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

One party has actual skeletons buried from actual people.

Ah the Mother and Babys home in Tuam?

Doubt any of the top brass in FG are having sleepless nights about this, if indeed they ever did. It’s the lads obsessing about it who probably have difficulty getting to sleep - anger and frustration aren’t conducive to quality snoozies

No tender hooks from the government,right from the start, when faced with what they believe to be mischief making posibilties available to any Tom ,Dick or Paddy Cosgrave
    They're steadfast

I do think though the cohort vested so much in this boxset may look for another as we are on the penultimate episode and the British times have leaked the seies finale today

A lot of anger out there today about this from the pirate flag gang over on Twitter. Must be the bad weather as they’ve gotten even madder as the day has worn on. Threatening journalists really is bad stuff though. It’s real gouger stuff. Lie down with dogs and wake up with fleas.

A lot of anger out there today about this from the pirate flag gang over on Twitter. Must be the bad weather as they’ve gotten even madder as the day has worn on. Threatening journalists really is bad stuff though. It’s real gouger stuff. Lie down with dogs and wake up with fleas.

Where's all this anger and threats? Any links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod - off topic post deleted.

Please bring general criticism of government to the relevant thread

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Middle Stump, Doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Of more concern is the rubbish that passes for journalism these days. Our tánaiste is the subject of a criminal investigation and idiots like Ryan engage in whataboutism and deflection . It's shameful.

The nonsense being spouted on this thread is incredibly depressing. People should be angry and people should be curious and that curiosity should not be satisfied until there is a reasonable answer for our tánaiste leaking government documents. We're quickly descending into tribal politics in this country and that is incredibly dangerous. Everybody should be accountable. Everybody.

It was the same with golfgate. There we had a flagrant breach of the separation of powers, along with covid restrictions, and pockets of the public and media were telling us to get over it.

You only need to have a quick look to see the way things are going globally, Britain has descended into a despotic ****hole and Australia is right behind them. The less said about the US the better and as for Eastern Europe... That's what happens when politics descends into pathetic point scoring and tribalism. People need to stop treating political parties like football teams. Don't excuse poor behaviour just because "your side" is under attack. Demand accountability.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I HATE Twitter dumps. They dilute any argument. This is Boards. Not Twitter.
    Rant over!

Twitter is a cesspit.

Pity anyone who follows that garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭thomas 123

A few weeks ago it wants true if it wasn’t trending on Twitter ... which is it folks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I wish rants would be over.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm seeing the crude language of social media, not many 'threats' though. Exaggerating much Doc?

Exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

jmcc wrote: »
    "Tánaiste Leo Varadkar has been questioned by gardaí over the leaking of a confidential Government document, while detectives also took possession of the Fine Gael leader’s mobile phone after he handed it over in a major upscaling of the investigation." Sindo. 18/April/2021.

Varadkar was interviewed under caution on April 9th. His friend, O'Toole, was interviewed on April 5th. The pro-FG media has been pushing a non-story about an SF electoral database and has completely avoided the story about Varadkar being questioned under caution and his mobile phone being surrendered.

Regards...jmcc

By completely avoiding a story, you mean having it covered on two major Sunday Newspapers and RTE?

I know you have mad conspiracy theories about the Irish media, very Trumpian views on Mainstream media being in the pocket of FG while they give out about poor SF. But your last point is nonsense and false.

There is no conspiracy at play here.

Really? I would have thought that you were a Sunday Independent reader.

The point is that Varadkar was interviewed under caution on April 9th. The pro-FG media had avoided that story and had instead run with the non-story by Varadkar's hagiographer about the SF electoral database. One wonders what other bad FG news they are trying to hide? Any comments? :)

Regards...jmcc

Oh, so anything negative about SF is a 'non-story', even though the DPC is investigating the Abu database and SF has taken the DB offline because it breached GDPR.... that non-story.....?

That line may get great traction on Social Media where loads of angry people vent but here on boards.ie you will get called out on it.

Just stuck my head in quickly to see if the quality had improved.

In fairness I don't see any echo defense, but the 'But Sinn Fein' defense is in full flow. 'How dare they mention X about Sinn Fein!'.
    • Er.. Spanish Civil War.
    • Using the Independent covering the story today as evidence of the Independent being unwilling to cover it is an interesting.. sorry.. I mean 'fascinating' take.

What else is here..
    • Denis O'Brien
    • Margaret Thatcher
    • General Franco.

Look, it's really dumpster quality, but I think it's genuinely unfair to criticize it as it is showing a bit of originality and effort, it's not just saying the same thing over and over again in order to avoid answering questions.

I have to agree, this is thread is just another, "I want to give out about FG" thread.
    We have one of those.

The thread should be locked unless there are any new developments, imo.

T

The same journalists who took 9 days to report that Varadkar had been interviewed under caution by the Gardai?

Classic.

In a thread about a leak, you are giving out that Gardai didn't leak to a journalist sooner than 9 days?

Classic, just classic! :pac:

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Ah the Mother and Babys home in Tuam?

Ah, that old chestnut.
    What political party buried babies in Tuam.

You only need to have a quick look to see the way things are going globally, Britain has descended into a despotic ****hole and Australia is right behind them. The less said about the US the better and as for Eastern Europe... That's what happens when politics descends into pathetic point scoring and tribalism. People need to stop treating political parties like football teams. Don't excuse poor behaviour just because "your side" is under attack. Demand accountability.

Are you going to demand accountability from other political parties or just FG?
    Because its a nice idea and all, but unless you are even-handed with your critiques then its pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭jmcc

markodaly wrote: »
    By completely avoiding a story, you mean having it covered on two major Sunday Newspapers and RTE?
    O'Toole was interviewed on April 5th. Varadkar was interviewed on April 9th. The story about them being interviewed was published on April 18th. Between April 9th and April 18th, Varadkar's hagiographer was banging the drum about SF's electoral register database.

Regards...jmcc

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah, that old chestnut.
    What political party buried babies in Tuam.
    FF & FG let it go on under their watch.

It's worth noting the Sindo journalist who wrote the Leo interview story was also one of the journalists that broke the story that Leo was moving home because of death threats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭golfball37

Is it true it took the Gardai two days to sift through all the selfies on his phone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement