Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Where did they get 'roasted'? In the heads of FG diehards maybe. Certainly not in any polls, which is allctually have to go on.

You LEAK information you are not supposed to, that is the very definition of a LEAK. He confessed to leaking the document. Read the Dáil transcript when he was asked had he 'LEAKED' information before and he answered, 'not of this nature'. Meaning he was claiming this was the FIRST time he had leaked info of this scale of confidentiality/secrecy.

Every political politician will have leaked something small that’s where we get news from. Anyone claiming otherwise are lying.
    This wasn’t confidential and SF ended up looking stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,997 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Every political politician will have leaked something small that’s where we get news from. Anyone claiming otherwise are lying.
    This wasn’t confidential and SF ended up looking stupid.

The 'everyone' does it defence has not worked. This is not going away no matter how much hand waving you do.

The 'everyone' does it defence has not worked. This is not going away no matter how much hand waving you do.

Ok.
    I understand you have to defend them but I will be shocked if something comes of this. I just think it’s another stupid move from SF. I’ll give it a week and see how it’s ends up this time.

Ok.
    I understand you have to defend them but I will be shocked if something comes of this. I just think it’s another stupid move from SF. I’ll give it a week and see how it’s ends up this time.

Defend the opposition for doing their job and not turning a blind eye as the power swap parties have done for each other since the foundation of the state?

No apology from me...sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

McMurphy wrote: »
    Can you remember why Frances Fitzgerald resigned?

Remind us how that concluded again?

• Advertisement

Defend the opposition for doing their job and not turning a blind eye as the power swap parties have done for each other since the foundation of the state?

No apology from me...sorry.

Don’t worry no one is asking for an apology.
    I don’t know why you thought that. You can defend them all you want that’s your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Larbre34 wrote: »

She swanned off to Brussels. Maybe you have a different recollection of what conclusion was reached.

McMurphy wrote: »
    She swanned off to Brussels. Maybe you have a different recollection of what conclusion was reached.

Which doesn't get away from the fact that Michael Martin threatened to collapse the government if she didn't resign for misleading the Dáil.

Her Brussels gig doesn't expunge that part of her record.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ah come on yourself...it is still making the primetime news story's, Varadkar has been trending in one form or another for two days and was not knocked off even by events in America.

Some 'non' story in fairness.

Hardly, can't find it on the Independent app, and the only story on RTE is Pearse Doherty talking to himself. Maybe, the Shinnerbots on Twitter can make it trend again through sheer numbers of drivelous posts, but that doesn't count.

Which doesn't get away from the fact that Michael Martin threatened to collapse the government if she didn't resign for misleading the Dáil.

Her Brussels gig doesn't expunge that part of her record.

I think the poster, and to be fair he's not the first was about to go down the road of "Frances was exonerated by a tribunal" path.

Did the tribunal exonerate her from misleading the Dail and her Taoiseach?

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Hardly, can't find it on the Independent app, and the only story on RTE is Pearse Doherty talking to himself. Maybe, the Shinnerbots on Twitter can make it trend again through sheer numbers of drivelous posts, but that doesn't count.

We heard and seen all the handwaving before and it ended in a VONC.

Here we are heading the same way again...same handwaving going on.

blanch152 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1352236559471423490?s=19

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1352225770702331907?s=19

https://twitter.com/MaryLouMcDonald/status/1352271449529196546?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭CarProblem

markodaly wrote: »
    No one cares too much about this story anymore.

I think you could be half right actually. FG lost my vote in 2016 and can't exactly continue to lose it. The parties it reflects badly on are not parties I'd consider voting for

If killing hundreds (if not thousands) of citizens* through sheer incompetent handling of a pandemic won't stop people voting for a party I can't imagine this will either.

From my own point of view I used to think Varadkar was merely a useless, arrogant spoofer. No I think he's a useless, arrogant, spoofing liar and snake in the grass

Has Blanch tried the "look over there, it's SF" or tried to bring homophobia into it (again)?

*awaits comment about IRA - note I've never voted SF in my life nor do I intend to anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Assume the government parties have cut all ties with Teri Prone since last week?

Just cos someone tweets it, doesn’t make it so.

The FOI documents are false now is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

his motivation is neither here,nor there....he shouldnt be handing out confidential documents to his mates

As has been said before, that version of the document was neither confidential by then, nor was it leaked.

Being discussed on Matt Cooper now.

As has been said before, that version of the document was neither confidential by then, nor was it leaked.

mate....it literally had confidemtial wrote across it

If it wasnt leaked,nor confidemtial....why wasnt it available for public consumption requiring it to be sent to someones home,and not the nagp headquarters across the road from the dail??

Why was stephen donnolly in the dail,still looking for it a fortnight after it was leaked to varadkars mate??

The whole yearn ffg are pulling around deosnt stand up to even rudimentry scrutiny.....smells of coverup imo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,084 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

mariaalice wrote: »
    It moved on for the adventures of SF to this thread.

Most of you are coming across as a bunch of playgrounds bullies, scary to think some of the posters might be assisting a politician or involved in policy or are anyway near a TD.

Maria.... word of advice........don’t be scared about what’s on offer here.

We are dealing with what folk call ‘the grunts’ here, the scary lads are up in the whins and heather.

Be not afraid........;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

CarProblem wrote: »
    If killing hundreds (if not thousands) of citizens* through sheer incompetent handling of a pandemic won't stop people voting for a party I can't imagine this will either.
    A bit histrionic.

CarProblem wrote: »

From my own point of view I used to think Varadkar was merely a useless, arrogant spoofer. No I think he's a useless, arrogant, spoofing liar and snake in the grass
    Tough but fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

We are dealing with what folk call ‘the grunts’ here, the scary lads are up in the whins and heather.

Be not afraid........;)

I take boards with a large pinch of salt but post the Trump era tone in political content on social media is very important.

mariaalice wrote: »
    I take boards with a large pinch of salt but post the Trump era tone in political content on social media is very important.

Indeed surely refering to people as "grunts," should fall into an area of concern & rethoric that deosnt help anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Be not afraid........;)

can you clarify who it is you are referring to as "grunts"?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,084 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

can you clarify who it is you are referring to as "grunts"?

No

I’m not referring to anybody as ‘grunts’

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Indeed surely refering to people as "grunts," should fall into an area of concern & rethoric that deosnt help anyone?

Theres a lot of anger around here and you can see it getting vented when the name calling begins icon14.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So Leotheleak also lied in the Dail when he stated that it was confidential when he sent it?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

So Leotheleak also lied in the Dail when he stated that it was confidential when he sent it?

Leo is toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Leo is toast.

It would be nice to think so and other states he would have been sacked already. As long as he is leader of FG and his disciples in FG support him he wont be going anywhere. You can see it on here with posters tying themselves up in knots defending him but would be at the front of a queue with their pitchforks if it was a TD from an opposition party.

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    It would be nice to think so and other states he would have been sacked already. As long as he is leader of FG and his disciples in FG support him he wont be going anywhere. You can see it on here with posters tying themselves up in knots defending him but would be at the front of a queue with their pitchforks if it was a TD from an opposition party.

Let's hope that's literally.

I've started to admire the Shinners a good bit more since FG really started to lose their shyt about the reality of finally having a meaningful opposition.

Plus, the Shinners have some serious vote winners on their team these days. Folk who can just open their mouths, say a few words and they can literally drive people into the polls to vote for SF.

Top of my head.......There's Mary Lou,

Pearse Doherty,

Rose Conway-Walsh.

Leo Varadkar......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement