Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

McMurphy wrote: »
    Short video lads, it's barely 2 mins long. Leo's only went and got Simon muddled up in his right old kerfuffle.

Lads telling lies need to have good memories. (And understand how FOI requests work)

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1351912256880205825?s=19

We know Varadkar is a liar and a chancer. I'm more concerned about FF/FG/Greens shrugging it all off. Really puts any government they associate with into question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭golfball37

blanch152 wrote: »
    Leo really gets inside some heads, doesn't he?

Anything in the paper about him, and multiple posts spring up.

I always had you down as someone who didn’t want sf near power. This narcissist has facilitated that awful vista and the failure to hold him to account only emboldens him and makes that event nearer than ever.
    As Louise OReilly posted earlier on twitter Leo always delivers. Am sick of people defending him to get one up on the shinners, the defence is giving away two own goals for every point scored in the short term

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

#HarrisTheLiar is trending now too along with #LeoTheLeak . Mmmm.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/harristheliar?s=09

https://twitter.com/hashtag/LeoTheLeak?s=09

He won't like that, I'd say he feels like a right bellend now, and him after voting confidence in Leo and all.

Was 18 other covids Simon really the health minister at all?

Or was he health minister, the same way Dmitry Medvedev was Russian President for a few years, wink wink?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Short video lads, it's barely 2 mins long. Leo's only went and got Simon muddled up in his right old kerfuffle.

Lads telling lies need to have good memories. (And understand how FOI requests work)

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1351912256880205825?s=19

Doherty is like a man from the nutting squad they way he questions. Very intimidating. Especially with the music.

Also being proud of something trending :rolleyes: A load of shinnerbots using a hashtag is hardly an achievement.

Harris statement is true. The email asked for a copy and asked if it could be published. He said his enquiries were about it being published.

Joe public has no time for this rubbish. Own goal by the village releasing it the day of the inauguration. Amateur hour stuff. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Own goal by the village releasing it the day of the inauguration. Amateur hour stuff. Haha

Not quite as bad as a government party welcoming the three wrongdoers back into the fold at the same time as the release of the most damning report against the state and church in a generation, with the party in question being one of the facilitators of the worst abuse this country has ever seen.......

• Advertisement

Doherty is like a man from the nutting squad they way he questions. Very intimidating. Especially with the music.

Also being proud of something trending :rolleyes: A load of shinnerbots using a hashtag is hardly an achievement.

Harris statement is true. The email asked for a copy and asked if it could be published. He said his enquiries were about it being published.

Joe public has no time for this rubbish. Own goal by the village releasing it the day of the inauguration. Amateur hour stuff. Haha

The Irish times is not the village, it was the Irish times that broke the story yesterday paddy, keep up.

You keep appearing in threads to remind folk that there's nothing to see, and it'll be over in a few days is tantamount to the political death knell.

How many times did you make your beetlejuice appearances in the various Maria Bailey threads to tell us Maria was exonerated, nothing to see here, FG foreva, etc etc.

Where is Maria Bailey now, and what happened to Leo romping home in the subsequent election paddy?

Great entertainment value though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

The first post on the twitter video says it all

"Guys just move on we’re in the middle of a pandemic"

The first reply to that says more.

"Do we just suspend laws because of a pandemic"?

Used to be "what about brexit" by the way.

The first reply to that says more.

"Do we just suspend laws because of a pandemic"?

Used to be "what about brexit" by the way.

Maybe I am using twitter wrong but the first response I see is

If only (SF) were allowed to "move on", Marcus.... but FF/FG/LAB have an obsessive fascination with that party's past.. (whilst being totally blinkered about their own)
    then
    Then why don't FFG move on from attacking SF during this pandemic about something that happened 50 years ago? Why didn't FF&FG accept SF's proposal for a national government to tackle the pandemic rather than having a country without a new government for almost 5 months after GE.

Both twitter account which only post about political topics and nothing else. Make your own mind up on them.

Sinn Fein called for vote of no confidence, got it, lost it. Still going on about it. What s the plan now? call for another vote of no confidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,144 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yet huge amounts of Dáil time were used up over a 4 year old tweet. Not a mention on here to 'move on, there's a pandemic'.

Nor should there have been if there was a case to answer. A pandemic is not a smokescreen for wrongdoing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Maybe I am using twitter wrong but the first response I see is

If only (SF) were allowed to "move on", Marcus.... but FF/FG/LAB have an obsessive fascination with that party's past.. (whilst being totally blinkered about their own)
    then
    Then why don't FFG move on from attacking SF during this pandemic about something that happened 50 years ago? Why didn't FF&FG accept SF's proposal for a national government to tackle the pandemic rather than having a country without a new government for almost 5 months after GE.

Both twitter account which only post about political topics and nothing else. Make your own mind up on them.

Sinn Fein called for vote of no confidence, got it, lost it. Still going on about it. What s the plan now? call for another vote of no confidence?

Fionnan Sheehen of the Indo said on Morning Ireland today that new info has been brought to light. So perhaps there is more to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

#HarrisTheLiar is trending now too along with #LeoTheLeak . Mmmm.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/harristheliar?s=09

https://twitter.com/hashtag/LeoTheLeak?s=09

He won't like that, I'd say he feels like a right bellend now, and him after voting confidence in Leo and all.

Was 18 other covids Simon really the health minister at all?

Or was he health minister, the same way Dmitry Medvedev was Russian President for a few years, wink wink?

Move along Randall, bunch of bots pumpin’ the hasher ....same auld cliches from the squats.

Hardly ground breaking stuff, one would opine.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Fionnan Sheehen of the Indo said on Morning Ireland today that new info has been brought to light. So perhaps there is more to see here.

So?

A journalist trying to keep a story going, I am astonished. I was fully expecting him to say "Nothing to see here, no point buying my paper"

Maybe I am using twitter wrong but the first response I see is......

Perhaps you are, and you wouldn't be the first to do so either, yesterday a lad on here thought a politician retweeting something was them commenting.

It would help if you linked to said tweet though, like I'm doing now.

https://twitter.com/gtw73/status/1352021461494542342?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

So?

A journalist trying to keep a story going, I am astonished. I was fully expecting him to say "Nothing to see here, no point buying my paper"

No not a Journalist, it follows on from a FOI request from Pearse Doherty, Independent reporting on same as have numerous media sources.

I'm quite enjoying this, Leaky Leo Saga

Interesting all the same that his Buddy or not so buddy is no longer a media darling, not a whimper or live interview from his GP surgery in months, that has to be a good thing

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Yet huge amounts of Dáil time were used up over a 4 year old tweet. Not a mention on here to 'move on, there's a pandemic'.

Nor should there have been if there was a case to answer. A pandemic is not a smokescreen for wrongdoing.

If I am not mistaken Sinn Fein called for a vote of no confidence and spent week after week going on about this months ago. Maybe I am wrong?
    Do you want the government to f**k around for another few months or actually try and help the people of Ireland?

If I am not mistaken Sinn Fein called for a vote of no confidence and spent week after week going on about this months ago. Maybe I am wrong?
    Do you want the government to f**k around for another few months or actually try and help the people of Ireland?

Are you the same poster that didn't realise the Ceann Comhairle automatically retained their seat in a new election?

Maybe I'm mistaken too.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

A simple resignation would do

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

So?

Or a journalist who knows a story is gonna run and it's time to get on the bandwagon? The IT and Indo are late to this story but even they know the evidence has reached critical mass...they ain't stupid whatever else they are.

Are you the same poster that didn't realise the Ceann Comhairle automatically retained their seat in a new election?

Maybe I'm mistaken too.

:D

What?

• Advertisement

So?

Grand so, I'll move along considering you pay more attention to 'tweeter no. 1', rather than the article itself or a journalist.
    Btw, you're not tweeter no. 1 are you and secondly Sheehan doesn't write for the IT who broke the story.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Grand so, I'll move along considering you pay more attention to 'tweeter no. 1', rather than the article itself or a journalist.
    Btw, you're not tweeter no. 1 are you?

Tis the same thing time and again fann, some think laws and regulations that don't suit them should be disregarded because "pandemic" that also extends, ironically enough to advice given to them by NPHET.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Just covered on Claire Byrne now.

They played a clip from earlier of Pearse Doherty saying Harris misled the Dail

and

that the doc proves that while at the same time the dept denied Harris a copy of the Contract because it did not want it in the public domain, Leo provided it to MOT.

I'll post a link to the segment later.

Out of interest, did O’Tooles group seeing the document make any difference to the final outcome?

Out of interest, did O’Tooles group seeing the document make any difference to the final outcome?

Relevance?

I mean, if someone stole a Ham out of Tesco would it matter if they ate it or not afterwards?

Relevance?

I mean, if someone stole a Ham out of Tesco would it matter if they ate it or not afterwards?

No comparison. If you don’t know, that’s fine. Maybe other posters might be able to satisfy my curiosity.

No comparison. If you don’t know, that’s fine. Maybe other posters might be able to satisfy my curiosity.

Could have been so somebody could win a bet? We know this Tanaiste's frivolous fun nature at the most inappropriate time. :rolleyes:

As McMurphy says, thee is no requirement to prove personal or other gain in the legislation.

I'd say what's of greater concern is LV giving info to his 'friend, not friend' when even the relevant Minister couldn't get his hands on it.
    That relevant minister might have further questions to answer also considering what was said in the vote of confidence debates now as well.
    I'll leave this here for FG HQ;
    "Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" (Sir Walter Scott, 1808)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

golfball37 wrote: »
    I always had you down as someone who didn’t want sf near power. This narcissist has facilitated that awful vista and the failure to hold him to account only emboldens him and makes that event nearer than ever.
    As Louise OReilly posted earlier on twitter Leo always delivers. Am sick of people defending him to get one up on the shinners, the defence is giving away two own goals for every point scored in the short term

Its kind of funny, FG supporters will defend the blatant lies their politicians tell in order to keep SF from power. But the more they do it they more voters are turned off them by it. Its a bit similar to the election campaign this time last year, all we heard out of FG for weeks was IRA this and IRA that and the more they did it the more SF went up in the polls. The irony is SFs single biggest asset is the behaviour of FG.

• Advertisement

Well maybe this will satisfy your curiosity. There could be multiple reasons for Leo leaking the document. Here's one possible reason.

Doctors’ group at centre of leak controversy had threatened Fine Gael with protests

The National Association of General Practitioners (NAGP) warned Fine Gael last year that its members would individually campaign against the party in local and European elections if the Government continued to exclude the union from negotiations on the new GP contract.

The NAGP wrote to Fine Gael chairman Martin Heydon in February 2019 requesting a meeting to discuss its exclusion from negotiations on the new GP contract. A large number of NAGP members had protested outside Leinster House the previous week.“The activity could involve up to 2,100 individual GPs informing their patients personally abut the health policies of Fine Gael in the upcoming local and European elections and the detrimental effect these policies are having,” he added.

The NAGP was a rival organisation to the IMO and conducted a sustained campaign aimed at Fine Gael in the early party of 2019 to be allowed become a party to the talks on the new contract.

Not a great look regardless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement