Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Neil Patrick Harris - even his attempts at humour are inexplicable :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Fcukers walking around with big Dublin Fire Brigade heads on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

The middle aged guy in the Allianz insurance ad with a northern accent that's arguing with his wife in a car about a mark on the windscreen. He is vaguely familiar but he inexplicably annoys the hell out of me.

It's a chip!

Aaaarggh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Fcukers walking around with big Dublin Fire Brigade heads on them.

Know the sort, Brendan. Lads who look like Ciarán Whelan. A jaw on them you could land a light aircraft on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

pauliebdub wrote: »
    The middle aged guy in the Allianz insurance ad with a northern accent that's arguing with his wife in a car about a mark on the windscreen. He is vaguely familiar but he inexplicably annoys the hell out of me.

It's a chip!

Aaaarggh!!

He was in that Bulmer’s “pear cider” ads where the thickos in the orchard don’t want to grow pears so the boffins in the “office” tell them it’s a type of apple.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Dickie10

joanne cantwell, she grates on me with her half spiteful way of asking questions looking for controversy where none exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

pauliebdub wrote: »

It's a chip!

Aaaarggh!!

Dessie Gallagher, it's a Donegal accent, don't get the hate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭smilerf

Trudi lawler
    She's nice and bubbly on the radio
    Different in real life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

smilerf wrote: »
    Trudi lawler
    She's nice and bubbly on the radio
    Different in real life

Let me guess-one of those 'country singers' who acts like she's back from her residency in Nashville?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

He was in that Bulmer’s “pear cider” ads where the thickos in the orchard don’t want to grow pears so the boffins in the “office” tell them it’s a type of apple.

I hate that series of ads. I quite liked the ads Bulmers did up to that ,the "Nothing added but time" ones, but they ruined them when they introduced these recurring unfunny village idiot characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kfc1

Claudia Winkleman - even her name drives me nuts 😖

its a jewish name, careful now.....

I'm going to get shot for saying this, more than likely...
    (Keep in mind, I didn't grow up watching this guy, or being a fan)...

But Tony Slattery really, REALLY annoys me. I watched that program 'whats the matter with Tony Slattery?'... and I found the guy insufferable.
    I tried to watch other interviews with him, old clips from his heyday in the 90s or 00s...

I couldn't tolerate the guy. It's frustrating, because I've tried to pinpoint the 'why' of not liking him... I'm confused.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I've seen people slag off that Anna Geary on here before. She's totally innocuous and harmless. People are just jealous someone from outside of the normal D4 circles managed to get their foot in the door tbh.

Is she not named after a place in south Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is she not named after a place in south Dublin?

no that is her brother Glen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Leaving aside that I don't like the ad at all, but in the Vodafone add with all the children singing Starships 'Nothing's gonna stop us', there is one girl (boy?) wearing a stupid dog hat, with very long ears, that really, really irritates me.

The others are bog standard Billy Barry child actors, but she (he?) inexplicably annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

RTÉ weather girl Jean Byrne cannot stand listening to all the clicking as she speaks

All the corsetry probably?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Conor McGregor...lad if you're going... just go

Speedsie wrote: »
    Leaving aside that I don't like the ad at all, but in the Vodafone add with all the children singing Starships 'Nothing's gonna stop us', there is one girl (boy?) wearing a stupid dog hat, with very long ears, that really, really irritates me.

The others are bog standard Billy Barry child actors, but she (he?) inexplicably annoys me.

It's Virgin Media, not Vodafone.

But that advert is so irritating that people aren't even checking who made it-they don't stick around til the end. :D

• Advertisement

Anyone who incessantly name checks another person.

Annoying......

I don't know if this is a recent thing with the advent of social media, or the internet...

But people who put asterisks into certain letters of people's names because they think that person googles their name

(Using my own name for this example). But you'll see things like 'R*bbl*R*us*r*K doesn't eat eggs-what a plonker' for example. Instead of using someone's real name, they'll pull that kinda crud, because they're not grown up enough to use someone's full name.

It's especially prevalent in certain media 'groups'-gaming, comics, music, writing, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I like Karen Koster, but nowadays I fly into a homicidal rage whenever I see her on the television doing these exercise workout things. There was one simpering, blithering "ad" I suppose you'd call it, in particular that featured a brief clip of her in a pink get-up doing just that, and I found it difficult to restrain myself from throwing something at the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

It's Virgin Media, not Vodafone.

But that advert is so irritating that people aren't even checking who made it-they don't stick around til the end. :D

Oh yes, Virgin Media. I think I'm conditioned now to think Vodafone when I see lots of red in an ad.

Unfortunately I've seen the end plenty of times, it just doesn't stick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That Salt Bae fella.

What's the big fascination with him? He literally cuts up meat and sprinkles salt over it (in a really annoying, show-offy way). It's not like he is some innovative chef or anything. Fools and their money and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cupra280

The woman on the Fairy non-bio capsule advert really annoys me.

Cupra280 wrote: »
    The woman on the Fairy non-bio capsule advert really annoys me.

Vogue? She annoys everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Aren't "social media personalities" even more annoying during these times? Whether it's the incessant virtue signalling around BLM or posting their daily workouts or desperate #ad #spon partnerships for meaningless tat or ridiculous non-stop insta-storying their tedious lives. They just seem even more pointless and stupid in the middle of a global pandemic.

bitofabind wrote: »
    Aren't "social media personalities" even more annoying during these times? Whether it's the incessant virtue signalling around BLM or posting their daily workouts or desperate #ad #spon partnerships for meaningless tat or ridiculous non-stop insta-storying their tedious lives. They just seem even more pointless and stupid in the middle of a global pandemic.

People who pay any heed to these churns are even more annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Gammyeye

Kieth Lemon. Not funny in any of his incarnations, shouty, crass and a fool.

• Advertisement

Gammyeye wrote: »

Had a friend who used to love his stuff.

For the life of me I could never understand why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭smilerf

The big lad on that homes of the year programme
    What a pompous prick

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

bitofabind wrote: »

Dudes who keep calling it a "GLOBAL Pandemic".

The word PANDEMIC indicates that it is worldwide...as opposed to EPIDEMIC...no need for the GLOBAL bit.

It's like when our Finance Minister talks about reversing back ...no need for the back ....... reversing implies going backwards

Whew.! Glad I got that orf my little pidgeon chest.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Brid Smith. I despise her. She is so full of shi.t

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Brendan o Carroll.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Brendan o Carroll.

I remember when he used to be on Don't Feed The Gondolas in the late 90s. Came across as an egotistical bully. Also wrote some utter shyte in his Sindo column. He seems to have toned things down in recent years but Il always be biased against him for reasons above and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I remember when he used to be on Don't Feed The Gondolas in the late 90s. Came across as an egotistical bully. Also wrote some utter shyte in his Sindo column. He seems to have toned things down in recent years but Il always be biased against him for reasons above and more.

That’s Brendan O’Connor, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭PonchoMcHoncho

Chris Ramsey. Other than having a Geordie Accent there's absolutely nothing funny about him and he just annoys me any time I see him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Gammyeye wrote: »
    Had a friend who used to love his stuff.

For the life of me I could never understand why.

This x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000

I absolutely despise Keith Lemon

I've said it here before........why oh why does Keith lemon have a slight speech impediment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Dudes who keep calling it a "GLOBAL Pandemic".

The word PANDEMIC indicates that it is worldwide...as opposed to EPIDEMIC...no need for the GLOBAL bit.

It's like when our Finance Minister talks about reversing back ...no need for the back ....... reversing implies going backwards

Whew.! Glad I got that orf my little pidgeon chest.....:D

LOL. I bet "ATM Machine" really grinds your gears!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mcbert wrote: »

and PIN Number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Oops!

Alison Curtis.... I'll never understand how she got the Today FM gig.

yes yes yes Alison Curtis,the radio is nearly bet in the jeep keeps hopping to today fm one day there, i heard her, now i only ever listened to about 10 mins of her much ever, ugh, horrible accent, its not even that its the way she acts, i dont know just drives me mad that accent and saying irish isms with it, reminds me of american/canadian tourists in temple bar trying to be down with being half irish or something, you could just imagine her sipping a big pint of guinness, on paddys day with a stupid green hat on, saying im having the crack! no really cant stand her. shes all into working mom shiite now too on radio, doing the tom dunne crap from 10 years ago going on about the kids at home last night bla bla

mcbert wrote: »

Gnaaaaaarrrrrrrrrllllll.

Dickie10 wrote: »
    yes yes yes Alison Curtis,the radio is nearly bet in the jeep keeps hopping to today fm one day there, i heard her, now i only ever listened to about 10 mins of her much ever, ugh, horrible accent, its not even that its the way she acts, i dont know just drives me mad that accent and saying irish isms with it, reminds me of american/canadian tourists in temple bar trying to be down with being half irish or something, you could just imagine her sipping a big pint of guinness, on paddys day with a stupid green hat on, saying im having the crack! no really cant stand her. shes all into working mom shiite now too on radio, doing the tom dunne crap from 10 years ago going on about the kids at home last night bla bla

Ever hear of paragraphs ....or do you actually prefer the WALL of fcukin print ?

Or are you too fcukin lazy to present your post properly ?

Sorry for being so blunt ...but it really boils my p1ss...

• Advertisement

Steady on-keep things civil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Milena Fluffy Stretcher

Oops! wrote: »
    Alison Curtis.... I'll never understand how she got the Today FM gig.

she was alright when she was doing the evening dj, playing indie/off the radar stuff on the radio(before they watered today fm down) , she had a kid and went all "supermum" and im the only one whose ever had a kid routine on today fm,....she's so painful though when she covers Dempsey's show or D&D show as most of her questions lead to "do you have kids" and her accent can be grating (as she is on more of a talk programme than a presenting)

she was alright when she was doing the evening dj, playing indie/off the radar stuff on the radio(before they watered today fm down) , she had a kid and went all "supermum" and im the only one whose ever had a kid routine on today fm,....she's so painful though when she covers Dempsey's show or D&D show as most of her questions lead to "do you have kids" and her accent can be grating (as she is on more of a talk programme than a presenting)

There's some weird 'supermum' thing that happens when people become parents.
    I mean, in the media... It's like NOBODY ever had a kid before they did.

It's painful.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There's some weird 'supermum' thing that happens when people become parents.
    I mean, in the media... It's like NOBODY ever had a kid before they did.

It's painful.

Completely agree with this.

There was one girl on Instagram who as soon as she became a mother for the first time starting writing parenting tips blog.

She used to start with in my years of experience of being a mother... her child wasn't even one yet. She counted the pregnancy time as experience of being a mother, she also took part in a panel where new mothers paid to come see her and others like her give their expertise.

Some of the people attending had more children than her so I'm not sure how she was so experienced.

Loughc wrote: »
    Completely agree with this.

There was one girl on Instagram who as soon as she became a mother for the first time starting writing parenting tips blog.

She used to start with in my years of experience of being a mother... her child wasn't even one yet. She counted the pregnancy time as experience of being a mother, she also took part in a panel where new mothers paid to come see her and others like her give their expertise.

Some of the people attending had more children than her so I'm not sure how she was so experienced.

Talk about fools and their money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement