Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

jarvis wrote: »
    So I started the trial this morning and liked it for iPlayer on my fire sticks. So I signed up for 2years. Cost €29. Happy with that.
    I have it setup in my router so it unlocks all devices. Does anyone have a guide or can tell me how to access us Netflix and Disney+ on my tv with the router setup?

If connected to Getflix you should be on the US Disney+ server. The only way to get off it is to remove the Getflix DNS. In Feb Disney+ are adding a 6th category called Star which will have the FOX catalogue and other US R rated content. The US are not getting this so if you use Getflix you won't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

bromley52 wrote: »
    If connected to Getflix you should be on the US Disney+ server. The only way to get off it is to remove the Getflix DNS. In Feb Disney+ are adding a 6th category called Star which will have the FOX catalogue and other US R rated content. The US are not getting this so if you use Getflix you won't see it.

I have the Getflix app which allows specify USA Netflix or not. Doesn’t have it for Disney so as you stated it must default to USA version. However. I’m trying to access shows that are listed as USA only for Netflix and I’m not seeing them so gag must mean my Netflix isn’t USA version. I can’t locate a lost of content on Disney+ that is USA only content.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

jarvis wrote:
    So I started the trial this morning and liked it for iPlayer on my fire sticks. So I signed up for 2years. Cost €29. Happy with that. I have it setup in my router so it unlocks all devices. Does anyone have a guide or can tell me how to access us Netflix and Disney+ on my tv with the router setup?

I think it's brilliant value for money. I have it a few years now but I gave up on US Netflix. I found it slow causing low quality streaming and too much buffering. Its great for just about all other UK & US services though

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭cuculainn

does anyone have any issues using Getflix on the firestick?

my connection keeps dropping out (no home screen on firestick)

if i disconnection the wifi and reconnect it reconnects ok but only lasts a few minutes

any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Has anyone used the uk version of the virgin media tv go app with getflix? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I had issues with the Irish DNS server settings in the past and they advised me to use the London ones instead. Since then it’s been pretty much flawless for iPlayer and Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

cuculainn wrote: »
    does anyone have any issues using Getflix on the firestick?

my connection keeps dropping out (no home screen on firestick)

if i disconnection the wifi and reconnect it reconnects ok but only lasts a few minutes

any help appreciated

I had a similar issue. You might have an IP conflict if using a static IP on the firestick. Try changing the IP address or restart the router. This worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

For anyone having issues with either the iPlayer or the US Netflix, I use the UK as my first DNS and Amsterdam as my second on the recommendation of getflix support. Both stream perfectly on my Humax HDR 1100 satellite box and laptop.

I was lucky enough to get a lifetime sub for $18 a couple of years ago, thanks to a bargain alert here. I didn't enter in the DNS settings on our router and just changed them on the Humax box and my laptop and then use an old phone to cast Netflix Ireland to the TV. Have a shortcut to their website and just update the IP address daily to allow me to use their services. Technically my sub is only meant to be on a laptop and only for the US Netflix but works on all devices on our wifi. Only got it for iPlayer and view the US Netflix as a bonus and at $18 has more than paid for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Those who are facing issues with iPlayer, have you tried downloading what you want to watch before playing? Should sort out any buffering issues I'd think?

Using a shield here and I don't think that's possible or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Hi all

New to this , so this could be a total noob question .

Is it possible to set up getflix direct on a LG tv ?

Is there settings in the TV menu that can be changed . Is it as simple as that or do I need to go via my eir router.

The main reason is I want to get the Amazon app on the TV so show uk content .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Barr wrote: »
    Hi all

New to this , so this could be a total noob question .

Is it possible to set up getflix direct on a LG tv ?

Is there settings in the TV menu that can be changed . Is it as simple as that or do I need to go via my eir router.

The main reason is I want to get the Amazon app on the TV so show uk content .

I have an LG you need to go into network settings and manually set your network settings and set the DNS server to the Getflix one the Irish one is 54.72.70.84. you can use the Getflix app to change regions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

I have an LG you need to go into network settings and manually set your network settings and set the DNS server to the Getflix one the Irish one is 54.72.70.84. you can use the Getflix app to change regions etc

Have it working on a few LGs here. You may need to change the location settings on the TV from Auto to UK also and this will allow you to select the UK player apps like iPlayer, ITV Hub etc. One of our TVs is a 2020 model and only the BBC app is available yet. The older ones have 4 player, 5 player and ITV hub also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

leex wrote: »
    Have it working on a few LGs here. You may need to change the location settings on the TV from Auto to UK also and this will allow you to select the UK player apps like iPlayer, ITV Hub etc. One of our TVs is a 2020 model and only the BBC app is available yet. The older ones have 4 player, 5 player and ITV hub also.

Yes I've set the region to UK on my 2019 oled to get apps like ITV Hub etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Great thanks , thats what I hoping . I'll give it a go .

The Prime app is really bad when it is set to Ireland :mad: They have it way better in the UK .

adox wrote: »
    I had issues with the Irish DNS server settings in the past and they advised me to use the London ones instead. Since then it’s been pretty much flawless for iPlayer and Prime.
    Reg'stoy wrote: »
    For anyone having issues with either the iPlayer or the US Netflix, I use the UK as my first DNS and Amsterdam as my second on the recommendation of getflix support. Both stream perfectly on my Humax HDR 1100 satellite box and laptop.

Thanks for the heads up lads, I was plagued with buffering issues on iPlayer (but nothing else really) since getting Getflix a few years ago, so much so I basically stopped using it.

Did as above, and have just enjoyed a few hours of flawless streaming of Simon Reeves travelling through the Indian Ocean.

Big thanks to the pair of you.

Here’s a quick question to see if anyone has experienced this and can help. So I have Dublin dns added to router (Vodafone gigabit) and all is good. IPlayer and itv hub etc works. I have Netflix set to USA and here’s the weird bit. I have 5 fire sticks in total. I’ve just checked 3 of them and 2 are on American Netflix but the one downstairs is still UK Netflix. Anybody know why That would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

leex wrote: »

That's the advantage of LG over Samsungs TV. Although some apps will stop working if you change the country, but many will keep working once you have them installed.

With Samsung you cannot change the country after you have created Samsung Account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

McMurphy wrote: »
    Did as above, and have just enjoyed a few hours of flawless streaming of Simon Reeves travelling through the Indian Ocean.

More of a Palin man myself.

He too touched upon the Reeve's formula of effects of climate change, indigenous cultures under threat and wealth inequality. But was far less preachy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

grogi wrote: »
    That's the advantage of LG over Samsungs TV. Although some apps will stop working if you change the country, but many will keep working once you have them installed.

With Samsung you cannot change the country after you have created Samsung Account.

The newer LG TV app selection for the TV is very poor. The older LG TV's where much better.

I picked up a samsung 5k TV just after Xmas and I've got the full uk app selection , bbc iplayer, itvhub, UKTV, brit box , NowTV (UK) , My5 and so on.

To set it up to UK I used the instructions in this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9PPlan7lVzc. If your tv is already setup you'll need to reset it and go through the setup again. When it get to the terms and conditions there is a hidden region menu available by using you remote "mute, volume up, channel up, mute" worked for me.

I much prefer the LG TV's for switching between Irish terrestrial and UK freesat but the app selection on the Samsung is superior. That said if I'd known the Samsung terrestrial to uk freesat was the pita it is I'd probably had got an 4K LG for the live TV and used either a fire stick 4K or a UK NowTV stick for the smart function.

Personally I use a DNS through my router

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Here’s a quick question to see if anyone has experienced this and can help. So I have Dublin dns added to router (Vodafone gigabit) and all is good. IPlayer and itv hub etc works. I have Netflix set to USA and here’s the weird bit. I have 5 fire sticks in total. I’ve just checked 3 of them and 2 are on American Netflix but the one downstairs is still UK Netflix. Anybody know why That would be?

Did you power nown the stick. They need to reset their IP settings. When you do, they will get a new set of network settings on the router with the updated DNS.

Check the settings on the sticks are for DHCP addressing ot Dynamic. If they were manually configured they will not have the DNS settings updated.

• Advertisement

Netflix isn't letting me watch anything this evening via Getflix.

Recognising me using a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Netflix isn't letting me watch anything this evening via Getflix.

Recognising me using a VPN.

Working fine for me

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Working fine for me

I'll try in a bit omega but 2 of my lads have just stomped out of the office complaining that it's saying something about a blocker.

Wouldn't play for me when I tried, updated IP address etc on the app, but still no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

IP Address : My actual address, just change the last number.
    Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
    Gateway : My actual ip address
    Dns server : 54.72.70.84

Are they the correct setting for my lg tv?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Del007 wrote: »
    IP Address : My actual address, just change the last number.
    Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
    Gateway : My actual ip address
    Dns server : 54.72.70.84

Are they the correct setting for my lg tv?

Thanks

Settings look correct. Doesn't mean it'll work though. I have those settings on two Panasonic TVs. American Netflix on one, "you appear to be using a proxy" on the other. I'm sure it would work fine on my laptop but I don't have 4k TVs to watch Netflix on my laptop.

Set it up on my bedroom TV (android) but USA Netflix etc not coming through?

Is there' something I need to do different to what I've done on the shield already would anyone know?

Set it up on my bedroom TV (android) but USA Netflix etc not coming through?

Is there' something I need to do different to what I've done on the shield already would anyone know?

There’s a few things to try, look how to reboot the tv rather than turning off and back on.
    See can you force stop the Netflix app and then restart. No harm clearing cash while you’re force stopping.
    Then maybe reboot your modem. I personally had this issue but went away from it and next time I launched it was USA.

There’s a few things to try, look how to reboot the tv rather than turning off and back on.
    See can you force stop the Netflix app and then restart. No harm clearing cash while you’re force stopping.
    Then maybe reboot your modem. I personally had this issue but went away from it and next time I launched it was USA.

Got it sorted, I needed to change the actual WiFi setting I think I was changing something on the telly instead.

However, I will say that there's various shows on USA Netflix that won't play, if anyone else wants to test this - try playing "gimme shelter" or "what's eating Gilbert Grape"

Got on to them on chat, and they said it's a known problem with certain smart TVs and android television devices (mine is xaiomi mi android smart TV) and they're working on a fix.

It's the same in my shield, so definitely not unique to the TV.

And me just after signing up for an extra 2 years.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Possibly asked already, so apologies if so!
    I've had Getflix for a few years, mainly for iplayer.

On my router, I have the Irish DNS as my primary DNS and UK as secondary. Problem is, NowTV doesnt play with these settings turned on and iPlayer does. And visa versa when turned off. I can easily switch them on the router with my phone, but its a bit of a pain.
    This applies to both my LG Tv and now tv sticks

Anyone know what is the best thing to do? NowTV sticks do not allow DNS to be configured on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

LowOdour wrote:
    On my router, I have the Irish DNS as my primary DNS and UK as secondary. Problem is, NowTV doesnt play with these settings turned on and iPlayer does. And visa versa when turned off. I can easily switch them on the router with my phone, but its a bit of a pain. This applies to both my LG Tv and now tv sticks

In group B on Netflix settings you'll find Now TV. This will be set to UK. If you don't have a UK Now TV account then this will Geo block you. If you have an Irish NowTV account you need to turn group B settings off or to a different country.

Advertisement