Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone manage to successfully sign up to HBO Max, I would like to subscribe but looks like you need a US google account and US payment linked to it. If there is a thread I'm missing already about this please let me know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

McMurphy wrote: »
    My kids have called to tell me Getflix is working again for them, Disney/Netflix and iPlayer all sound again.

However, still the same problem with certain shows on us netflix won't play as it knows we're using a proxy.

I assume Netflix US works fine on a laptop but through an app it recognises you are using a proxy?

This is because the Netflix app uses google DNS to get your location before playing a video, so the app will display the US content but if you play something not available in Ireland you will get that message.

Only way around this is to block Google DNS servers on your router. There should be instructions on this on the getflix website, but it won't be possible if you are on Virgin media without buying a 3rd party router.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Anyone manage to successfully sign up to HBO Max, I would like to subscribe but looks like you need a US google account and US payment linked to it. If there is a thread I'm missing already about this please let me know.

Use VPN & turn on USA. Open/start a new Gmail account. Use this account in the playstore to download HBO MAX. Link Revolut account to your US gmail account in the playstore. You can now pay for Hbo Max. Another option for payment is to buy US Playstore vouchers & load them onto the US account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

adrian522 wrote: »
    I assume Netflix US works fine on a laptop but through an app it recognises you are using a proxy?

This is because the Netflix app uses google DNS to get your location before playing a video, so the app will display the US content but if you play something not available in Ireland you will get that message.

Only way around this is to block Google DNS servers on your router. There should be instructions on this on the getflix website, but it won't be possible if you are on Virgin media without buying a 3rd party router.

That's a very good explanation Adrian, thanks for that. I have been toying with the idea of getting a new router for a while now.

And I'm with virgin!

I am not sure what needs to be done though when buying the new router, surely it's not just a case of plugging it in and out working out of the box?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Use VPN & turn on USA. Open/start a new Gmail account. Use this account in the playstore to download HBO MAX. Link Revolut account to your US gmail account in the playstore. You can now pay for Hbo Max. Another option for payment is to buy US Playstore vouchers & load them onto the US account.

Ok have a US gmail account when linking.my revolut it pops up as Irish do I need to change country and put in a fake US billing address?

• Advertisement

Ok have a US gmail account when linking.my revolut it pops up as Irish do I need to change country and put in a fake US billing address?

I didn't have an issue with my revolut. I don't recall having to use an address but if you need an address there is a US address generator online. Also a phone number generator if needed.

If all else fails then you can buy US play store gift cards here https://www.mygiftcardsupply.com/shop/google-play-cards/

You'll pay a few dollars more than the value of the card but it works. Takes a few minutes to an hour or so to get gift card emailed to you. I have used these before over the years so can vouch for their honesty

I didn't have an issue with my revolut. I don't recall having to use an address but if you need an address there is a US address generator online. Also a phone number generator if needed.

If all else fails then you can buy US play store gift cards here https://www.mygiftcardsupply.com/shop/google-play-cards/

You'll pay a few dollars more than the value of the card but it works. Takes a few minutes to an hour or so to get gift card emailed to you. I have used these before over the years so can vouch for their honesty

Thanks

Have you subscribed yourself to hbo max? I think there is a deal if you take 6 months sub out on it (less 20% of normal price)

Have you subscribed yourself to hbo max? I think there is a deal if you take 6 months sub out on it (less 20% of normal price)

I have HBO MAX. I prefer monthly because I might only have it for a month. I might move to Showtime for a month. Then Apple TV or Hulu. I might move back to NowTV UK for Movies and entertainment for a month or two. The only ones I keep all the time are netflix and prime video. I have prime video because I buy a lot from Amazon.

I have HBO MAX. I prefer monthly because I might only have it for a month. I might move to Showtime for a month. Then Apple TV or Hulu. I might move back to NowTV UK for Movies and entertainment for a month or two. The only ones I keep all the time are netflix and prime video. I have prime video because I buy a lot from Amazon.

Managed to get hbo max working added my Revolut account to the Google play account with a US address. I used vpn and installed the hbo max app on my phone and took the monthly sub but didn't like the Revolut option so I added my Irish PayPal and I didn't think it would work but it did, so subbed for the month, thanks for your help Sleeper!

Managed to get hbo max working added my Revolut account to the Google play account with a US address. I used vpn and installed the hbo max app on my phone and took the monthly sub but didn't like the Revolut option so I added my Irish PayPal and I didn't think it would work but it did, so subbed for the month, thanks for your help Sleeper!

I'm surprised about paypal. Usually geo blocked streaming services will only allow PayPal from the country they stream to.

Revolut has a much better exchange rate than PayPal but as its a small transaction each month it can't make much difference.

The Little Things is a great movie. It's on Max for February. It's one of the one's that is on max the same day as cinema releases

• Advertisement

I'm surprised about paypal. Usually geo blocked streaming services will only allow PayPal from the country they stream to.

Revolut has a much better exchange rate than PayPal but as its a small transaction each month it can't make much difference.

The Little Things is a great movie. It's on Max for February. It's one of the one's that is on max the same day as cinema releases
    I think it's because I set up via the google play store it worked although I'd like to get Revolut to work. I did watch The little things by other means at the weekend, great acting but a weak script let it down. I will keep it on next month for The Snyder Cut of Justice League

I think it's because I set up via the google play store it worked although I'd like to get Revolut to work. I did watch The little things by other means at the weekend, great acting but a weak script let it down. I will keep it on next month for The Snyder Cut of Justice League

Ah, I thought you didn't like the revolut option. Now I reread it I see Max didn't like the option. In play store, payment method, you have the option to buy Google play credit. You should be able to buy the credit with Revolut even if it won't let you pay for max directly with Revolut

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

McMurphy wrote: »
    That's a very good explanation Adrian, thanks for that. I have been toying with the idea of getting a new router for a while now.

And I'm with virgin!

I am not sure what needs to be done though when buying the new router, surely it's not just a case of plugging it in and out working out of the box?

No, you need to setup the Virgin Media hub to work in bridge mode, The VM Hub works as a modem only and the router then does the rest.

I haven't done this myself but seems like a bit of work would need to be done, and its also another box underneath the TV that I could do without!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Does anyone else have issues with the Amazon Prime app on a tv , when set to UK region .

It keeps giving a connection failure .

It has worked on the odd occasion but is not very consistent .

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Barr wrote: »
    Does anyone else have issues with the Amazon Prime app on a tv , when set to UK region .

Yes having the same issues since the change with Brexit. The only way I can get it to work is AirPlay from iPhone to Apple TV. It’s a bit of a pain.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This has become an issue for me for the last few days on my Sony TV, I think I have it sorted now though. If you go in to apps go to Prime Video and remove updates, then clear cache and open the app again, it will take longer than normal to open, but it will open. I was back and forth to Getflix support all day about this and between us we found a solution. Another issue I was having over the last few days was my firestick kept giving me Home is currently unavailable, I think I have that sorted also, Getflix gave me a couple of alternative DNS addresses.

Anyone having trouble with showtime? Working on smart dns proxy but not on getflix for the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Anyone having trouble with showtime? Working on smart dns proxy but not on getflix for the last few days

No Showtime working fine for me on the firestick using Getflix Smart DNS. I am having trouble with CBS All Access though. Stupidly I updated the app and suddenly it is seeing that I'm not in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Yep. Seeing the same issue as well. Support just brushed me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Aquos76 wrote: »
    This has become an issue for me for the last few days on my Sony TV, I think I have it sorted now though. If you go in to apps go to Prime Video and remove updates, then clear cache and open the app again, it will take longer than normal to open, but it will open. I was back and forth to Getflix support all day about this and between us we found a solution. Another issue I was having over the last few days was my firestick kept giving me Home is currently unavailable, I think I have that sorted also, Getflix gave me a couple of alternative DNS addresses.

Had to turn off the DNS on the firestick to get the rest of the apps to load back up (I know you can go into settings and get to them there but my folks use it and I try and keep it simple stupid :) Any chance of sharing those alt dns addresses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

BBC iPlayer has stopped working for me. Been working for years. Was on Irish dns setting, changed to UK but still no joy. IPlayer sees me as outside the UK.

Have sent a ticket to Getflix but a little worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

adox wrote: »
    BBC iPlayer has stopped working for me. Been working for years. Was on Irish dns setting, changed to UK but still no joy. IPlayer sees me as outside the UK.

Have sent a ticket to Getflix but a little worried.

Just checked mine - still works (android phone and Samsung TV).
    Irish primary dns, UK secondary.

Just checked mine - still works (android phone and Samsung TV).
    Irish primary dns, UK secondary.

Thanks.

I was on to chat and they said they are aware of the problem and working on it. Strange yours is still working but sure hopefully they resolve it.

Mine is also still working, Firestick and Sony TV

Mine is also still working, Firestick and Sony TV

Thanks. Wondering if it could be an Apple related problem. It’s Apple TV and iPad I’ve been having issues with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

My iPLayer and ITV Hub not working either. Prime a bit hit and miss.

adox wrote: »
    Thanks. Wondering if it could be an Apple related problem. It’s Apple TV and iPad I’ve been having issues with.

Maybe, on a slightly related topic, how did you get the iPlayer on your AppleTV, do you still need a UK iTunes account or is there an alternative way of doing it these days.

Maybe, on a slightly related topic, how did you get the iPlayer on your AppleTV, do you still need a UK iTunes account or is there an alternative way of doing it these days.

Yeah I downloaded the app through a UK account.

Back working now btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

iPlayer and ITV Hub working here too. They must have fixed something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

What about all 4 and my 5 apps . Has anyone got these working on a tv .

Advertisement