Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Edited: All sorted. No problem. Thanks a million lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MartyMc69

I've bought a lifetime sub from this crowd for $35 about a year ago, so I suppose I've gotten my money's worth whatever happens from here on.

You get a smart DNS and a VPN service too. I use the smart DNS on my android TV box to geo-unblock BBC iplayer and PBS (I don't use netflix), then I also use the VPN for anonymous browsing. If the geo-unblocking stops working I'll still make use of the VPN anyway.

What's that about the BBC requiring you to register in the future? Is that definitely going to happen?

EDIT: I'm almost sure this is the same company as Smart DNS proxy. https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

I too have a subscription. Could you share steps on setting up the smart DNS on an android box to access iPlayer? Please and thanks. Accessing it through the VPN at the moment. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

MartyMc69 wrote: »
    I too have a subscription. Could you share steps on setting up the smart DNS on an android box to access iPlayer? Please and thanks. Accessing it through the VPN at the moment. Thanks in advance.

It’s on their main page. It’s literally going into settings and changing the DNS settings to the ones they have listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Was this deal a once off or does it pop up regularly can anybody tell me? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,694 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

€54.90 for 2 years is a decent deal on the sites main page now

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

usually they have lifetime subscription special deals on black friday.

stanley1 wrote: »
    usually they have lifetime subscription special deals on black friday.

Lifetime sub doesn’t include USA Netflix as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Lifetime sub doesn’t include USA Netflix as far as I know

I have the lifetime sub for Getflix and I can get US Netflix

Chieftain wrote: »
    I have the lifetime sub for Getflix and I can get US Netflix

When a few fellas on boards got the lifetime sub from a deal on bargain alerts they couldn’t get the us netflix, most of them got refunds eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

When a few fellas on boards got the lifetime sub from a deal on bargain alerts they couldn’t get the us netflix, most of them got refunds eventually

Ah right, I didn't realize that. I bought the sub a fair while ago (funnily the lifetime sub is actually 30 years), and haven't had any problems getting the US Netflix on my laptop. There is the occasional disruption but they fix it very rapidly in my experience.

• Advertisement

Chieftain wrote: »
    Ah right, I didn't realize that. I bought the sub a fair while ago (funnily the lifetime sub is actually 30 years), and haven't had any problems getting the US Netflix on my laptop. There is the occasional disruption but they fix it very rapidly in my experience.
    I think the problem was people wanted to use it on smart TVs and Nvidia shield etc without the hassle of casting
    I got the two year sub last Black Friday and it’s great

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Use code BLACK70 to get 70% off a 2 year subscription this week. It brings the 2 year price down to $35.64 / €30.50.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Use code BLACK70 to get 70% off a 2 year subscription this week. It brings the 2 year price down to $35.64 / €30.50.

Good find oats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Do you guys find that the DNS and VPN work ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Does anyone know if this works for RTE from abroad ? Thats the main reason I'm looking to move from overplay.net my current provider. Thanks!

wawaman wrote: »
    Do you guys find that the DNS and VPN work ok?

I have access to uk players and us netflix etc using this service

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Oat23 wrote: »

Great!
    Is there any link for this?
    Want there a lifetime offer with these that did not include certain things like US access to Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

I think if you bought lifetime subscription through 3rd party re-sellers (Stacksocial) you could only access US netflix through a browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Mr.S wrote: »
    The DNS service works great. Not sure about the VPN.

I use the VPN service and it works fine for when I want to choose the country to get around a geo lock. It's slow but fine for streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Anyway to get this working with Nvidia Shield?

Changed DNS on shield, no Internet connection, no matter what I do it disconnects me if I mess with the dns settings.

Can't change on router as I have poxy Virgin Media Hub 3 which doesn't have the option.

• Advertisement

mancduff wrote: »

Changed DNS on shield, no Internet connection, no matter what I do it disconnects me if I mess with the dns settings.

Can't change on router as I have poxy Virgin Media Hub 3 which doesn't have the option.

Pop over to the shield tips and tricks thread and someone will tell you how

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭savemejebus

mancduff wrote: »

just as a quick thing to trymake sure ipv6 is disabled on the shield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Recently took out a trial of Getflix and using the smart DNS service on my LG smart tv. All the UK players were working at first but now All 4 doesn't work at all due to a network issue while ITV player glitches, the iplayer does work.

mossy464 wrote: »
    Recently took out a trial of Getflix and using the smart DNS service on my LG smart tv. All the UK players were working at first but now All 4 doesn't work at all due to a network issue while ITV player glitches, the iplayer does work.

this is temporary on the lg tv for 4od its working fine on the mac for me, if you open a ticket they will resolve the issue quickly, they are very good to reply too
    i am just about to open a ticket for the 4od and itv player myself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone else find they need to "update IP" nearly everyday on their site ? Is there a way around that happening?

Anyone else find they need to "update IP" nearly everyday on their site ? Is there a way around that happening?

Ask your isp for a static ip
    Vodafone asked me for €6 a month for that privalage so I just update it on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Option A: Ask provider for a fixed IP address - normally there may be a one off cost for this.

Option B: If you have a pc that is on most of the time you could write a little batch file that automatically updates. I did this for my Dad, it executes every 10 minutes or so - checks the IP, updates the ip is necessary and goes back to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Pop over to the shield tips and tricks thread and someone will tell you how
    just as a quick thing to trymake sure ipv6 is disabled on the shield

Thanks got it working, did have ipv6 disabled, but restarting shield seems to have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

Use the Getflix app, it's pretty basic but it updates the ip address when you open it & press update. Saves you having to log into their site and do it.

• Advertisement

R11 wrote: »
    Use the Getflix app, it's pretty basic but it updates the ip address when you open it & press update. Saves you having to log into their site and do it.

The app is great you can switch Netflix USA on and off too

Advertisement