Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    In group B on Netflix settings you'll find Now TV. This will be set to UK. If you don't have a UK Now TV account then this will Geo block you. If you have an Irish NowTV account you need to turn group B settings off or to a different country.

Cheers...will look into that. I just remembered my account is associated with a years old eircom email which i cannot access anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anywhere to turn off US Disney so I'm getting UK/Ireland version, not an issue now but could be an issue with the new Star Channel as I believe that's not available in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Anywhere to turn off US Disney so I'm getting UK/Ireland version, not an issue now but could be an issue with the new Star Channel as I believe that's not available in the US

Disney plus is group C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

It is not possible to disconnect from US Disney+ when connected to Getflix DNS. They is some technical issue. Disney+ is in group C but it does nothing.
    It took me months of back and forth for them to finally admit it. As it is now if you want the Star channel you will have to disconnect their DNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

bromley52 wrote: »
    It is not possible to disconnect from US Disney+ when connected to Getflix DNS. They is some technical issue. Disney+ is in group C but it does nothing.
    It took me months of back and forth for them to finally admit it. As it is now if you want the Star channel you will have to disconnect their DNS.

Hopefully when Star launches they will fix it as I'm sure there will be a demand to allow access to Star

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭uponthegad

In group B on Netflix settings you'll find Now TV. This will be set to UK. If you don't have a UK Now TV account then this will Geo block you. If you have an Irish NowTV account you need to turn group B settings off or to a different country.

Unfortunately since Brexit now TV no longer works if you use the getflix DNS. Even with the channel group B turned off Now TV geoblocks an Irish account. Reply from getflix support:

"Hello.

We support only UK version of NowTV and for now due technically dificulties we can't support other versions. Unfortunately if you wan't to watch local version you need to remove our DNS IPs from your config. We're sorry for the incovenience."

uponthegad wrote:
    Unfortunately since Brexit now TV no longer works if you use the getflix DNS. Even with the channel group B turned off Now TV geoblocks an Irish account. Reply from getflix support:

I know this is the Getflix thread but you should try Smart DNS Proxy. I moved to them a few months ago. I no longer have buffering issues from iplayer, I still have UK Now TV without issue and Disney can be turned on & off easily. Two years subscription costs less than 50c per month when paid upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Has anybody successfully found a channel for the Pro14 rugby? Preferable one that has an app compatible on now TV...

I have Eir Sports through the broadband but Liam Toland and the general commentary team from Eir give me headaches

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I know this is the Getflix thread but you should try Smart DNS Proxy. I moved to them a few months ago. I no longer have buffering issues from iplayer, I still have UK Now TV without issue and Disney can be turned on & off easily. Two years subscription costs less than 50c per month when paid upfront.

Going to trial them, might request a refund from Getflix if it goes well - considering they've admitted to me there's some problems with android TV and certain other devices.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Going to trial them, might request a refund from Getflix if it goes well - considering they've admitted to me there's some problems with android TV and certain other devices.

And just like that, it seems they (smart dns) are having the exact same issues according to their chat team.

Seems to be specific to Netflix USA.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote:

Let us know if you find this resolves your problems

Let us know if you find this resolves your problems

Nope, already posted about it too.
    And just like that, it seems they (smart dns) are having the exact same issues according to their chat team. Seems to be specific to Netflix USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Does anyone know if there are good offers going for Getflix at the moment

Barr wrote: »

https://stacksocial.com/sales/keepsolid-smartdns-lifetime-subscription

Keep Solid smart dns lifetime 40 US Dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Fyi, their smart DNS doesn't work for UK prime. It's US prime only.

feelings wrote:
    Fyi, their smart DNS doesn't work for UK prime. It's US prime only.

I use Smart dns Proxy myself. I find it good all round

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Barr wrote: »

If you sign up to the 2 year package on the website they give offer 50 or 60% off, can’t remember which but it’s a good chunk off

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If you sign up to the 2 year package on the website they give offer 50 or 60% off, can’t remember which but it’s a good chunk off

Looking for a second vpn sub as have vpn unlimited but servers act up especially Turkey and UK for watching football and bbc i player

How does getflix hold up for these situations

Getflix is not great for netflix US, iplayer and Now TV. Now TV can be totally blocked. Us netflix and iplayer can buffer a lot, be slow and low quality streaming.

Looking for a second vpn sub as have vpn unlimited but servers act up especially Turkey and UK for watching football and bbc i player

Getflix offers a vpn and a smart dns
    I use the smart dns side of things for U.K. and US viewing and it works perfectly fine for me,
    smart dns is more reliable for the likes of iplayer and it’s not as easily detectable, with a vpn everyone is using a couple of ip addresses so it’s easily blocked

• Advertisement

Getflix is not great for netflix US, iplayer and Now TV. Now TV can be totally blocked. Us netflix and iplayer can buffer a lot, be slow and low quality streaming.

I’ve never had this happen to me

I use Smart dns Proxy myself. I find it good all round

Getflix has been down since yesterday evening, I had smart dns proxy on a 2 week trial, but tbh I found it to (oddly) have the exact same issues as Getflix had ref USA Netflix not playing certain titles as it recognised I was using a proxy.

Turns out either they're the exact same company, trading under different names, or else poor auld Raphael is double jobbing and got mixed up in what email address I needed to use. :cool:

IMG-20210131-110514.jpg

Getflix offers a vpn and a smart dns
    I use the smart dns side of things for U.K. and US viewing and it works perfectly fine for me,
    smart dns is more reliable for the likes of iplayer and it’s not as easily detectable, with a vpn everyone is using a couple of ip addresses so it’s easily blocked

Cheers so no affect on speed etc and can it be turned on and off when not in use and easy to use

Only will require it for watching football and bbc iplayer and rte player when out of the country... Not as if that will happen soon :-(

Cheers so no affect on speed etc and can it be turned on and off when not in use and easy to use

Only will require it for watching football and bbc iplayer and rte player when out of the country... Not as if that will happen soon :-(

Works fine for me with no impact on speed and as you say it’s easy to switch it off, you can always go on a trial or a month before committing long term

Coyg

Works fine for me with no impact on speed and as you say it’s easy to switch it off, you can always go on a trial or a month before committing long term

Coyg

Cheers might try trial

Does it have an App

Yep COYG

Cheers might try trial

Does it have an App

Yep COYG

It does have an app yes

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Same owners it seems, Global Stealth Inc. Seem to own a few smart DNS/VPN ompanies. Would assume they all use the same servers.
    Getflix has been down since yesterday evening, I had smart dns proxy on a 2 week trial, but tbh I found it to (oddly) have the exact same issues as Getflix had ref USA Netflix not playing certain titles as it recognised I was using a proxy.

Turns out either they're the exact same company, trading under different names, or else poor auld Raphael is double jobbing and got mixed up in what email address I needed to use. :cool:

(Image removed)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭TheRef

I've also had issues with all three services you mentioned.

Netflix US: they say that it is only supported on web browsers (no apps) for lifetime subscriptions

iPlayer: Also had the low quality/buffering at times.

NowTV: Interestingly, I can only get this working on mobile phones. App on my (old) tablet and smart TV: Complains about EU roaming.

DNS settings are all at the router level.

TheRef wrote: »
    I've also had issues with all three services you mentioned.

Netflix US: they say that it is only supported on web browsers (no apps) for lifetime subscriptions

iPlayer: Also had the low quality/buffering at times.

NowTV: Interestingly, I can only get this working on mobile phones. App on my (old) tablet and smart TV: Complains about EU roaming.

DNS settings are all at the router level.

I moved to smart DNS Proxy because for a time Now TV wasn't working on Getflix.My phone & my last phone come up as EU roaming. Now TV on Tablet, Firestick, & Now TV sticks are all ok.

There was a huge increase in quality on iplayer moving from Getflix to Smart DNS proxy. They may or may not be owned by the same company but Smart DNS Proxy is definitely butter quality on some streaming apps.

Getflix & Smart DNS Proxy are the cheapest & as a result aren't perfect. I also have Express VPN. I read only recently that they have a DNS service included with their VPN. I must look into setting this up

• Advertisement

My kids have called to tell me Getflix is working again for them, Disney/Netflix and iPlayer all sound again.

However, still the same problem with certain shows on us netflix won't play as it knows we're using a proxy.

Advertisement