Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slimming World - II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The Lo Dough is well worth it. Definitely go the Parcel Motel route - just note that if you order multiple boxes, they are shipped separately, so you would be charged €3.95 per box.
    I am not a lover of pizza, but the Lo Dough pizza is fast becoming one of my favourite lunches at the weekend - pile the veggies high on it for the extra speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Belladonna44

Just spotted it on Pinch of Nom - they say 2 syns per base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just spotted it on Pinch of Nom - they say 2 syns per base.

Seems to be bouncing between 1.5 syns and 2 syns per base, but either way they are a great product

http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/1-5-syn-lo-dough-all-day-breakfast-pizza-slimming-world/

and another good review here: https://swstretford.co.uk/lo-dough-review-current-syn-values-pizza-recipe/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

cee_jay wrote: »
    The Lo Dough is well worth it. Definitely go the Parcel Motel route - just note that if you order multiple boxes, they are shipped separately, so you would be charged €3.95 per box.
    I am not a lover of pizza, but the Lo Dough pizza is fast becoming one of my favourite lunches at the weekend - pile the veggies high on it for the extra speed.

I've just placed an order :D Had a look at their facebook page & there is links to some great ideas like this & this I can't wait to try it out.

I also placed an order for Jordan's Skinny syrups. I love them in my coffee & they are all free. I usually pick a bottle up in TK maxx but they haven't had any in stock in ages.
    TRKG are doing buy 4 get 1 free promo at the moment so I ended out stocking up. I bought Vanilla, Cinnamon vanilla, Salted caramel, Mocha & Hazelnut.

cee_jay wrote: »

They do the 14 piece box now for 28, so even if you ordered two of them, you'd still only be paying €7.90 for delivery.

I was chatting with them earlier and they are very interested in the Irish market and realise the delivery fee is prohibitive, so are trying to do something to make it easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Hi-fi bars can be bought online now for online members :)

3lbs down tonight :D

Only 3 more to target & to get my 2 stone award!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

-1.5 for me this week. 9 in total in 3 weeks. Missing group next week as away on all inclusive holiday for a week. Not planning on behaving myself, but hoping I won't put it all back on.

Carrot Cake Bars out very soon.....not bad but slightly orangey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Carrot Cake Bars out very soon.....not bad but slightly orangey

Didn't like them at all and I was really looking forward to them too! Had one bite and gave the rest to husband, he loved them

• Advertisement

I was looking forward to the carrot cake bars. Hope they're not a disappointment. I absolutely hated the coffee ones when I tried them, and ended up giving them away. Won't be pleased if it happens again!

Today was not a good day. I've entered holiday mode a few days early. Didn't add it up but I reckon I've eaten at least a weeks worth of syns. Knowing I won't be going to weigh in next week is not helping!

Down 4lbs last night. Only managed 3 days on SP during the week, going to aim for another 2 or 3 days this week too. It's grand going but I was dying for rice or pasta. Also got the 12 week countdown - you get the Comfort book with it, some nice recipes in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I was down 4lbs last night, I'm back on track after my holidays! I got the choice of a free book for wearing my Christmas jumper last night. I'm going to go for the fakeaway book I think. I'm going to order the countdown as well next week. I had a look at the comfort book and it looks lovely!
    So 34lbs down now in total and I'm really looking forward to the week and hopefully get my 3 stone award this week or the week after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Areas wrote: »
    I was down 4lbs last night, I'm back on track after my holidays! I got the choice of a free book for wearing my Christmas jumper last night. I'm going to go for the fakeaway book I think. I'm going to order the countdown as well next week. I had a look at the comfort book and it looks lovely!
    So 34lbs down now in total and I'm really looking forward to the week and hopefully get my 3 stone award this week or the week after!

wow well done :)

You know on the website how it has the weight loss graph and it has the predicted progress? I can't see mine for the future, I was wondering is this because I had 2 successive gains?
    I lost last week and I'm hoping for another loss next week, so the predicted progress might work again next week.
    I like it because it motivates me to continue if I see that In a months time I could potentially have lost x lbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Week 25 down 3lbs = 53.5lbs lost. Onwards and downwards...plus slimmer of the week (I stayed to class today) , I'm thrilled as was not expecting it!!! Friends calling for dinner tomorrow so going to have cake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Down 3lbs today and got my half stone award. Delighted. Hoping for 2lbs a week til Christmas

3lbs down tonight which got me my two stone award & my target!!!

Im going to New York in the morning for 6 days so I dont expect to stay on target :pac:
    I'll get back on plan when I'm home though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scribbles2013

Does anyone know the syns in the Aldi Singapore Curry noodles, the ones that look like the Naked Noodle brand? I can't find them online anywhere.

Chocca Mocca going in January to be replaced by gluten free Fruit & Nut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I joined SW a few weeks ago, and have lost five pounds. This is pretty crap, considering that I have a nice bit to lose, so I should really have lost a bit more by now. I wouldn't mind my weight loss being slow if I knew I was following the plan, but I just can't get into it. My meals, by and large are fine- not perfect, but not bad. My problem is that I cannot seem to get a handle on my between meals snacking. It's totally mindless, unconscious snacking. If I don't know the syn value, I practically treat it like a free food.
    i need to get myself into line- I haven't really got €9/wk to waste, but I don't want to give up either!

Down 3lbs last night bringing me to 43lbs down and getting my 3 stone award! This is week 21 and I'm so happy! I had a difficult few weeks with 2 gains in a row after my holiday but I picked myself up and lost 4lbs last week and 3lbs this week. I'm aiming to keep my head straight and get my 4 stone award for christmas and get in to a fabulous white party dress that I've had for 3 years and still has the tags on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I joined SW 6 weeks ago and ive lost a stone
    I can honestly say ive never eaten as much food while still loosing

For the people out there unhappy with their class - try a different one
    I was happy enough in my class until we had a sub leader for a couple of weeks
    She was amazing, really motivating and such a laugh
    I have now defected to her class and Im really happy there
    Even her FB page is motivational and all based on recipes

Week 26 down 2.5lbs = 56 lbs lost. Onwards and downwards...I got my 4 stone award I'm thrilled.
    I have had a lot going on in my personal life so SW has kept me focused. Another 1.5 stone to target. Water and electricity back too so all in all today has been a good day!!. Val

Got back from holiday on Sunday. Got on my own scales Monday morning and it was showing a 10lb gain! That's a pound more than I've lost since I joined! WI is tomorrow night and debating whether or not I'll go. I developed gastroenteritis Monday afternoon and still feeling pretty rough.

I would like to get a countdown though. Is the offer for the free book still on? And is it definitely in every class, because my consultant has showed us the book but made no mention of the countdown offer. If I'm not getting the book think I'll text her tomorrow and ask her to put me down for holiday this week too.

Dragged myself to group, as saw on the slimming world facebook page that the book offer was still on. Bought my countdown, and no mention of the free book :( I'm a bit wuss so didn't question her on it.

Delighted with WI though. +2.5 lbs. That's 7.5 less than I was Monday morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Whiplashy wrote:
    Dragged myself to group, as saw on the slimming world facebook page that the book offer was still on. Bought my countdown, and no mention of the free book I'm a bit wuss so didn't question her on it.

I signed up last week and didn't get the book either, still didn't get it this week but didn't see anyone else with it either. I'm a wuss too so said nothing ... hoping she just hasn't got them in yet! Well done on your weigh in!

I would say it to the consultant about the book I'm going to buy it next week as she said she has them plus I follow slim with lynne on snapchat and she has them for her groups

Thanks guys :) Our group is a bit rubbish really. The more I read online about other groups, the more I realise how rubbish mine is. I'd love to change groups but there's none nearby that suit me. I really doubt I'll get the book. I'll probably give in in a couple of weeks and just buy it. It looks really good. Considering joining as an online member when the countdown runs out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭waterfordgirl

I think hurricane Ophelia might have caused postal delays - our cobsultant said today she'd have them next week

I think hurricane Ophelia might have caused postal delays - our cobsultant said today she'd have them next week

I'd have no problem with it if that was the case, but my consultant just didn't mention it at all. If she just hadn't them in yet I'd expect her to tell me.

I've been off-plan for 10 days, I hit target the night before going on hols to New York.
    Weighed myself (at home) this morning & I've a 6lb gain, which I don't think is too bad considering I ate everything in sight :D

I'm back on plan since this morning, hopefully I'll shift the gain easy enough. Since I hit target I don't have to go to group every week, I think I'll give myself a week to get back on track.
    I plan to give myself a month at target & then I'll decide if I wan't to lower it a bit more.

2.5lbs down last night. Very happy! We had to write out our Christmas wishes lat night. Mine was to wear a white dress that I bought 3 years ago sometime over the Christmas holidays. It's gorgeous and it still has the tags on it.

Someone posted on our facebook group about having an SP day yesterday apart from a banana....consultant told her the banana was fine as long as she synned it at 5 syns! I think she's literally making it up as she goes along! You can't syn a free food unless it's a tweak!!!! She's really making me angry now! Why did I buy a 12 week countdown????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Someone posted on our facebook group about having an SP day yesterday apart from a banana....consultant told her the banana was fine as long as she synned it at 5 syns! I think she's literally making it up as she goes along! You can't syn a free food unless it's a tweak!!!! She's really making me angry now! Why did I buy a 12 week countdown????

God what awful advice, that really annoys me. I’m so lucky with my consultant, she’s fantastic. Can you not go to a different class?

• Advertisement

The nearest other class is a 30min drive each way. I think I'm just going to weigh and go from now on and pay no attention to what she says about the plan.

The nearest other class is a 30min drive each way. I think I'm just going to weigh and go from now on and pay no attention to what she says about the plan.

I always weigh & go nowadays, I don't have the time for it & the leader does my head in talking nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

It’s a shame that some consultants are so bad at giving wrong advice- they do the same training as the good ones!

Week 27 down 2.5lbs = 58.5lbs lost. Onwards and downwards..im off to Edinburgh for a few days so I plan to enjoy it, I've booked a holiday week for next week. I bought the 12 week countdown and can collect the book on my next weigh in as the books she had today were for people who paid last week. Booked the 2 weeks off around Christmas too as holiday just in case !!!!

Down 1lb after a pretty dodgy week, so happy with that :) Still no mention of the free book. Read online that voting for mr ms slinky should have been this week, so I actually stayed to group. No mention of that either. To be honest I won't be surprised if the group closes down before Christmas. She's always complaining about lack of numbers but really the only thing you get out of it is to weigh. It's pretty expensive for that!

• Advertisement

Just from reading the message from Whiplashy I remember that voting for Mr Ms Slinky was mentioned at our group as well. But that it's going to be done next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I totally forgot when I was at group last the thAt next week is midterm- I doubt I’ll make it to my meeting. Is it generally acceptable to text to book a holiday week? Or should it have been booked on tue?

I was down 3lbs last night. I'm doing an SP week this week because I had a load of alcohol over the weekend and I'd say I'm not gong to see the knock on effect of that until next weigh in so I'm doing some damage control!

Last night just to be curious I tried on a Christmas party dress I wore 3 years ago. Much to my surprise it zipped up easily and it was comfortable to wear! I've said before that my Christmas wish is to wear a white dress I bought 3 years ago that still has the labels on it. I'm now convinced that if I keep on this track that I'll wear it at my Christmas party in a few weeks! 48.5lbs down so far eeek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Hi does anyone know if there are any vouchers to join in current magazines. Thinking of rejoining this Fri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Been off plan for three weeks. Up 4lb. Feeling rotten. Feel like I have put back on all the weight I lost (which is not possible as I lost two stone) but just feel heavy and blue :( Need to get this back in gear to lose that last stone (which is now a stone and 4lbs) by Christmas! Just cant seem to get motivated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Been off plan for three weeks. Up 4lb. Feeling rotten. Feel like I have put back on all the weight I lost (which is not possible as I lost two stone) but just feel heavy and blue :( Need to get this back in gear to lose that last stone (which is now a stone and 4lbs) by Christmas! Just cant seem to get motivated :(

i put on 2.5lb this WEEK! you are doing great to be off plan for three weeks and only be up four pounds, in my opinion. I can relate to how you feel as going off plan last week had me feeling rotten and bloated and really got me down. I copped myself on today and have stuck to Syns and am making the best choices I can with the food in the house and am already feeling better about things.

There is 7 weeks until Christmas. If you push a stone is absolutely possible. Chin up you're doing great! You can't be an angel all the time just get back on it now and go for it :-) Best of luck!

metime wrote: »
    i put on 2.5lb this WEEK! you are doing great to be off plan for three weeks and only be up four pounds, in my opinion. I can relate to how you feel as going off plan last week had me feeling rotten and bloated and really got me down. I copped myself on today and have stuck to Syns and am making the best choices I can with the food in the house and am already feeling better about things.

There is 7 weeks until Christmas. If you push a stone is absolutely possible. Chin up you're doing great! You can't be an angel all the time just get back on it now and go for it :-) Best of luck!

I get like this if I go off plan, plus the worst heartburn imaginable. It's amazing the benefits you feel when eating better.

Hi everyone,
    I'm just after my 10th week of Slimming World and now starting into Week 11.

Join wght: 15st 9lbs
    Currently: 14st 3.5lbs
    Loss: 1st 5.5lbs, ( 19.5lbs )
    Average : 1.95lbs per week loss

I want -2lbs a week now to bring me to 13st 3.5lbs by 20th December. Any more is a bonus.

Look forward to seeing everyones progress here and glad to be a part of the thread!

i doubt you're the only one thinking it - might it be a blessing in disguise - would you want to be a consultant yourself? :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement