Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World - II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I'm going for the bronze body magic award at the moment. My holiday will be my final week of it. Purposefully done it that way so I'll have to at least do some body magic while I'm away. Otherwise I'll have to start all over again when I get back!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Belladonna44

Hi everyone. I joined slimming world a few weeks ago. The plan itself is great but the class makes me lose the will to live! Went last night, stayed for an hour and the consultant still hadn't gotten around to me (she goes around the group alphabetically). When I left she was doing the M's! I'd say they were there for another hour. There were about 30 people in the group. I had to leave as I had a load of stuff to do at home. I genuinely don't have time to sit in class for 2 hours & listen to the same thing repeated again & again. Also there were 2 older ladies having a conversation at full volume among themselves & another one whose phone went off (really loudly) about 5 times. There are no other classes that suit me around the place. From now on I think I'll be weighing in & leaving. Last week I weighed & left - one of the helpers saw me on the way out & said "oh not staying are we not?" Like who has the time or the patience for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Hi everyone. I joined slimming world a few weeks ago. The plan itself is great but the class makes me lose the will to live! Went last night, stayed for an hour and the consultant still hadn't gotten around to me (she goes around the group alphabetically). When I left she was doing the M's! I'd say they were there for another hour. There were about 30 people in the group. I had to leave as I had a load of stuff to do at home. I genuinely don't have time to sit in class for 2 hours & listen to the same thing repeated again & again. Also there were 2 older ladies having a conversation at full volume among themselves & another one whose phone went off (really loudly) about 5 times. There are no other classes that suit me around the place. From now on I think I'll be weighing in & leaving. Last week I weighed & left - one of the helpers saw me on the way out & said "oh not staying are we not?" Like who has the time or the patience for that?

I feel your pain. My class is the same. I want to stay for the class but going around the room, ugh, it takes forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Areas wrote: »
    I feel your pain. My class is the same. I want to stay for the class but going around the room, ugh, it takes forever!

I'll third it! I don't see the need for it, tbh. The day of my first class, there was a tiny crowd, and I was there for an hour and a half. I eventually had to ask to be weighed so I could go. I just don't have that kind of time. If I don't stay for class I feel I'm paying for nothing, I could weigh myself at home. I used do weight watchers before I had my baby, and found the classes much better, but the times don't suit me

jlm29 wrote: »
    I'll third it! I don't see the need for it, tbh. The day of my first class, there was a tiny crowd, and I was there for an hour and a half. I eventually had to ask to be weighed so I could go. I just don't have that kind of time. If I don't stay for class I feel I'm paying for nothing, I could weigh myself at home. I used do weight watchers before I had my baby, and found the classes much better, but the times don't suit me

My consultant, reads out what's on the website for the week word for word, hands out slimmer of the week, goes around the room person by person and then does the raffle. It feels so forced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I got my half stone and stone certificate and just shoved them in my pack.

But a guy there was telling me why not put the stickers outside the pack and you can see them progress

This sounds a bit childish I know I know but I really got into it. My weight progress stickers are on one side and my awards are on the other. It's like primary school again :D

Oh and won slimmer of the month and won a microwavable steamer in the raffle. Last night was a great night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Areas wrote: »
    My consultant, reads out what's on the website for the week word for word, hands out slimmer of the week, goes around the room person by person and then does the raffle. It feels so forced!
    mikemac2 wrote: »
    I got my half stone and stone certificate and just shoved them in my pack.

But a guy there was telling me why not put the stickers outside the pack and you can see them progress

This sounds a bit childish I know I know but I really got into it. My weight progress stickers are on one side and my awards are on the other. It's like primary school again :D

Oh and won slimmer of the month and won a microwavable steamer in the raffle. Last night was a great night

What's this now!? Raffles? I'm 13 weeks in, I've probably stayed for 9 image therapy & I've never seen a raffle!

I'm actually going to move groups this week, I find the one I'm in quite boring, there is no atmosphere at all.
    I'm going to move to one closer to my work so I can pop in on my way home instead of hanging around til 7.30 to go to the one closer to home... I only joined that group in the first place because my mam was coming with me but she dropped out a month ago so there is no reason for me to stay.

Interested to know about the raffle too. Been 2 weeks and no raffle. We also don't do the basket of stuff for slimmer of the week. I arrived in with some fruit last week because I'd read about it online, only to be told they don't do it. Felt like a right numpty for not noticing on my first week!

I don't find group too bad, but very few stay so it doesn't take very long. I'm thinking when it fills up in January I'll probably just weigh for a few weeks until it calms down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Most groups do the raffle, the tickets are €1 each, obviously it depends on the group but the prizes do be pretty good in mine - last night was the makings of a lasagne (minus the mince obviously), all the herbs , passata, lasagne sheets, Heinz macaroni cheese (for the white sauce) etc. I’ve won it a good few times, won a digital scales, a flask, Tupperware,a SW recipe book and journal and ingredients for a chicken chow mein. It’s great!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I just saw on instagram an offer for the 12 week countdown 9th-26th OCtober the book is comfort food

• Advertisement

It's a really nice book. It was passed around at my group on Monday. Some nice recipes such as chocolate ice cream on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Hi, I'm new to all this and I'm struggling with deciding on a goal weight. There is a size I would like to be but I enjoy food too much to maintain the weight needed for that size. I'm 14 stone atm and when I was 11 I could maintain that weight but a part of me wanted to be slimmer, but again I love food too much! Is it best to compromise, even if at my goal I won't feel 'slim', but 'ok'?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

PLL wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to all this and I'm struggling with deciding on a goal weight. There is a size I would like to be but I enjoy food too much to maintain the weight needed for that size. I'm 14 stone atm and when I was 11 I could maintain that weight but a part of me wanted to be slimmer, but again I love food too much! Is it best to compromise, even if at my goal I won't feel 'slim', but 'ok'?

Why not wait a while before picking an ultimate target?

I love food too and even though I was always always always rake thin (until I got sick and put on weight on medication, which is why I'm here) I always ate worse food and a lot more than anyone else I knew. What I have found is that my appetite has reduced a lot on SlimmingWorld, to the point that I possibly eat a little less than others and it's all better food. The junk cravings are really reduced.

Maybe what you need is to take time to adjust to being on plan before deciding on an ultimate target?

I'm trying to think of what I would do in your position. I think I'd set an interim target of maybe 12, that way I'd know that I'm not done when I get there, but I'd have something to work towards. Then when I did get there, it'd be after at least 6 months on plan and I'd have a better idea of where I felt I could get to long term. Then you could decide do you want to try for 11, or maybe you'd think you could maintain 10 if you attended as a target member regularly until it was really a habit?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Valyawl wrote:
    I just saw on instagram an offer for the 12 week countdown 9th-26th OCtober the book is comfort food

Had a look at it and was really impressed with the slow cooker recipes, won't be getting the count down but I will be buying that book

Week 23 down 1lb = 48lbs lost. Onwards and downwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lilythepinked

Super. Lost another 2 pounds this week. So delighted. :)

Down 1lb :D

I moved groups tonight, as nice as my previous consultant was the group was a chore. The new group is much livelier & there is a bit of banter... I'm so glad I decided to move.
    Plus it is 5 min from my job so I was able to fly in after work & was home by 7.15, the last group I was hanging around the shopping center till 7.30 for it to start (added bonus of not spending money in said shopping center while waiting :p )

Week 2 -2lb. 7.5lb in total. Got my first certificate. Ridiculously impressed with myself. It's proudly hanging on the fridge!

I could eat everything in sight today.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Down 1lb. So close to target.

• Advertisement

So disaster of a weekend. I was away with work, went out on the Friday night, drank a heap of alcohol and shots. Had a fry and a supermacs on the Saturday and then I wanted to eat all around me on the Sunday so I'm not sure why i was surprised at the 1.5lbs gain last night. I'm doing an SP week this week to get myself back on track. I need to get my head (and my stomach) out of holiday mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Going to rejoin this week after 6 months out. I assume its double price joiner fee again?

There had been some vouchers in Womans Way and bella magazines in the last few weeks but not too sure if still available, if you are passing a newsagent have a look, sorry I do not know for sure! Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Going to rejoin this week after 6 months out. I assume its double price joiner fee again?

I just checked the page of my leader- try the current women's own mag- that was posted a couple of days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Tried the Lo Dough & was really REALLY impressed

Week 24 down 2.5lb = 50.5lbs lost. Onwards and downwards... got my 3 1/2 stone award , I'm thrilled still another couple of stone to go to get to target

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Did you get it in a shop or do you after order online??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Looks yum! I tried to order some but I’m not prepared to pay £10 delivery! Raging cos was dying to try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

m'lady wrote: »
    Looks yum! I tried to order some but I’m not prepared to pay £10 delivery! Raging cos was dying to try it!

I get mine delivered via my Parcel motel address & as its free delivery in the UK, you only pay the €3.95 Parcel motel fee - that brings them down to approx €3.50 per base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Belladonna44

I get mine delivered via my Parcel motel address & as its free delivery in the UK, you only pay the €3.95 Parcel motel fee - that brings them down to approx €3.50 per base.

That's pretty good! I love Parcel Motel! How many syns do they work out at? I'm going to check it out. Doing a few SP days this week to get my head back in the game. Not finding it too bad but have a bit of a headache the past 2 days, not sure if it's a coincidence. Going to get the 12 week countdown next week to keep me on the straight & narrow in the run up to the Christmas madness.

Advertisement