Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World - II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

-2.5lb this week! Got my Club 10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

My sister is hoping to join tomorrow anyone know which magazine has the voucher in it to join for E9?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Valyawl wrote: »
    My sister is hoping to join tomorrow anyone know which magazine has the voucher in it to join for E9?

Woman's way and Bella magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sooo frustrated....

Last 3 weeks, down 2.5lbs, down 2.5lbs, UP 0.5lb !!

Was a crazy week in work - loads of speed with plenty of walking, but irregular meals and I think that's what killed me.

Away on business all week this week so really need to make those better choices !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My goal was 3 stone. I'm down 2 pounds this week so I am a pound away from the 2 stone mark. Once I get into the final stone I will be delighted! :D

• Advertisement

I'm a half lb away from my 1.5stone award, was hoping to get it this week BUT... I went out for dinner Sat night, three delicious courses & ordered pizza last night.
    I don't weigh til Thursday so hopefully I can undo the damage by then :o

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Does anyone have examples of syn free noodles? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Does anyone have examples of syn free noodles?

Are you talking pot noodle types or dried noodles?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Are you talking pot noodle types or dried noodles?

Like dried noodles that you add boiling water to. And also ones for a stir fry :)

Like dried noodles that you add boiling water to. And also ones for a stir fry :)

Dried egg noodles are free like these

Also naked noodles are pretty low
    528e57526021da1a84abbc4db4c4ab61.jpg

• Advertisement

Dreading weigh in wednesday evening having consumed approx 120 syns between Friday-Sunday (last weekend was worse but somehow I escaped and had a loss)! I Had an awful weekend emotionally so bad food made a big appearance. Minimal syns today and tomorrow but possibly be my first (deserved gain coming)!!! Back on it from today 9,000 steps done and plenty of water...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Heading down this evening. Dreading it. Saw too many friends in off-plan restaurants over the last week to not have a gain.

It's just getting harder and harder to lose anything. I'm trying the happy pear happy heart plan for the week to see if a "whole food plant based diet" can kick my metabolism up a gear.

Find out soon how I'm doing...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Down half a pound. It's not amazing, but it's the right direction and it's still more weight gone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

The amoy straight to wok iron noodles are free and very handy for a speedy stir fry.

cee_jay wrote: »
    The any straight to wok iron noodles are free and very handy for a speedy stir fry.

The straight to wok noodles aren't free, they have an oil coating so there is a syn value, not particularly high syns but not free. The dried noodles are free..

m'lady wrote: »
    The straight to wok noodles aren't free, they have an oil coating so there is a syn value, not particularly high syns but not free. The dried noodles are free..

The udon noodles are free. The rice ones are also.
    The other ones aren't free.

427704.jpg

The udon noodles are free. The rice ones are also.
    The other ones aren't free.

427704.jpg

Really? Wow I'm sorry I didn't know that, I read your post and seen 'iron', obviously a mistake so didn't realise you meant udon. Are they nice? I usually just syn the Amoy curry noodles, but I would rather save the syns!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Joining my local group this week. I've done SW before but as an online member. I've previously lost 6 stone (combination of plans) but have put 5 of it back on. I've been losing and regaining the same stone since January so need to do something to get my motivation back.

Dreading going to group as I have anxiety issues, and no idea what to expect. It's also going to be an evening group and I'm used to weighing first thing in the morning so I know I'll weigh heavier. On the plus side, I'm really looking forward to finally getting my hands on hi-fi bars!

I've an all inclusive holiday booked in a few weeks, so I'm probably mad for joining up before hand, but I need to get it out of the way before I change my mind again.

m'lady wrote: »
    Really? Wow I'm sorry I didn't know that, I read your post and seen 'iron', obviously a mistake so didn't realise you meant udon. Are they nice? I usually just syn the Amoy curry noodles, but I would rather save the syns!

Stupid autocorrect! I find the udon noodles very handy - add them straight into your stir fry and a very easy quick one pot dinner.
    It's a very easy dinner for nights when you really don't want to cook, but want to stay on plan. Stir fry beef/chicken strips, bag of stir fry veg, straight to wok udon noodles. Cooks in no time at all and full of speed also.

Stupid autocorrect! I find the udon noodles very handy - add them straight into your stir fry and a very easy quick one pot dinner.
    It's a very easy dinner for nights when you really don't want to cook, but want to stay on plan. Stir fry beef/chicken strips, bag of stir fry veg, straight to wok udon noodles. Cooks in no time at all and full of speed also.

I do that but would previously have used the curry noodles (1.5 syns) , I just hate wasting syns on things that can be replaced with free food!
    So thanks for that and I'm sorry about the confusion again ;)

• Advertisement

I slipped out of my target by a couple of pounds during the summer (holidays, kids off school etc), and I'm delighted as I'm officially back in target!

My aim is to get to the bottom of my target now, so I've to lose 6lbs, I'm determined to get that in the next few weeks. I want to have a few pounds to play around with so I can relax a little on occasion.
    I hope everyone is doing well this week? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BunChop_30

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Joining my local group this week. I've done SW before but as an online member. I've previously lost 6 stone (combination of plans) but have put 5 of it back on. I've been losing and regaining the same stone since January so need to do something to get my motivation back.

Dreading going to group as I have anxiety issues, and no idea what to expect. It's also going to be an evening group and I'm used to weighing first thing in the morning so I know I'll weigh heavier. On the plus side, I'm really looking forward to finally getting my hands on hi-fi bars!

I've an all inclusive holiday booked in a few weeks, so I'm probably mad for joining up before hand, but I need to get it out of the way before I change my mind again.

I'll PM you a post about what happens at a group if you want? I was sick with the nerves going to my first few groups but they're grand. Everyone there is in the same boat as you! I find it really helpful to stay for the full group, if you can manage it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I've a stone to lose to get to target and I would love to do it by Christmas when all the parties etc. are on. The two stone I have lost took a long time and I don't want to rush the last stone in case it rushes back on. Slow and steady seems to be the only thing that worked for me. Then again, three months is well enough time to ditch a stone! :o

BunChop_30 wrote: »
    I'll PM you a post about what happens at a group if you want? I was sick with the nerves going to my first few groups but they're grand. Everyone there is in the same boat as you! I find it really helpful to stay for the full group, if you can manage it.

I'd really appreciate that :)

Week 21 down 1 lb = 45lbs lost, I'm thrilled as I was fully sure I gained. My motivation is waning a little though need to have a talk with myself!!!Onwards and downwards

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Does anyone know if there are any offers coming up for buying the 12 week countdown??

Signed up this evening. Wasn't too bad but the scales read higher than I was expecting. The image therapy seemed pretty pointless. Not sure if I'll bother staying next week. I didn't like the fact that the gains and losses were announced, and I expected more from it. I don't see what benefit I'm supposed to get from hearing what others gained or lost.

I didn't set a target yet. I know what weight I want to get to but it's a good bit away. Wondering if I might be better off setting smaller targets along the way. Ideally I'd like to get 2 stone gone by Christmas so I might set it for that. I'll have a think about it over the next few days.

Up 1.5lb this week :(
    It was expected though. I was out for dinner Sat, friends over Sunday so ordered pizza & on Tuesday I have a customer evening in work that ran later than it should have so my dinner was a plate of cheeses, chutneys & prosecco. To top that off I had a three tier wedding cake to make & I may have licked the spoon a few times.

Other than the week I was away I haven't had a bold week since starting SW so I'm not going to feel bad about it. Back on plan, going to give it 100% & hopefully I will undo the damage by next weeks weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lilythepinked

Keep at it. Was the same for me during summer. Back on track. Lost 2 this week. :)

• Advertisement

Keep at it. Was the same for me during summer. Back on track. Lost 2 this week. :)

2 will get me my 1.5 stone award... I was only 0.5 away :o

I bought a soupmaker, it is deadly!
    I got up this morning, made tea then put a couple of carrots, half an onion, some broccoli, cauliflower & veg stock in the soupmaker, pressed a couple of buttons... drank tea while getting ready for work... 20 min later, fresh soup ready & I'm walking out the door for Work!
    Just had a big speedy bowl of it there for my lunch :D

Advertisement