Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Never heard of that happening before. That'd be a truly fantastic day for the original importer when they found that out.

He's asking the price of an immaculate 08/09 either way though.
    I can't see that selling for much more than 5k. Probably less than 5k tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yes. Hard to imagine that our government depart.....
    Actually I’m not in the least surprised.

I used work for the Applus, the people who handle VRT registration, this was no mistake, it's literally impossible get this wrong using the stat code, there's something very dodgy going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I used work for the Applus, the people who handle VRT registration, this was no mistake, it's literally impossible get this wrong using the stat code, there's something very dodgy going on there.

This was 11 years ago though (my story anyway) when the VRO was doing it.

You'd think having worked for Applus you would be aware that they only took over VRT inspections in September 2010 🤷*♂️

You'd think having worked for Applus you would be aware that they only took over VRT inspections in September 2010 🀷*♂️

Eh..? What are you trying to say? Only did a few months there back about two years ago.

• Advertisement

Eh..? What are you trying to say? Only did a few months there back about two years ago.
    "I know what I'm talking about because I worked there and it's impossible" but you didn't even know a basic thing like Applus only took over VRT inspections in 2010.

You can't see the silliness in that?

The only 'very dodgy thing going on' here is you thinking you know more than you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

This is escalating..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Steamed Clams

Looking up that 530d, it was built August 2007, but date of first reg is 16th December 2008. Is it possible that a dealer was given a reg following delivery and VRT in late 2007 for a demo or press car, but not taxed? Then it was sold to its first owner and taxed in December 2008, giving it a date of licensing and generating a log book?

I couldn't see it happening now, but back when this was handled by revenue, the VRO and a local motor tax office, it's possible that it was mistakenly put on the CO2 system by the VRO and/or MTO when it appeared to have been first sold in 2008?

Is it a UK import?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Steamed Clams

Nope, original Irish car!

• Advertisement

"I know what I'm talking about because I worked there and it's impossible" but you didn't even know a basic thing like Applus only took over VRT inspections in 2010.

You can't see the silliness in that?

The only 'very dodgy thing going on' here is you thinking you know more than you do.

No I don’t. I’ve physically VRT’d thousands of cars, vans, trucks, busses, ambulances, campers, motorbikes etc. it’s an extremely thorough process. “Mistakes” like putting a 2007 car into Co2 emissions tax band doesn’t happen.

Just cool your jets, I don’t know why your panties are in a twist.

Octavia 1.6 diesel 4*4. Never knew such a thing existed!
    https://johnmulhollandmotors.com/skoda/used-cars/2461/2014-skoda-octavia-16-tdi-cr-se-estate-4x4-

Looked it up and it’s def a 1.6 TDI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Nope, original Irish car!

No it isn't, it's a UK import.

I once owned 2008 520d with the older M47 engine. It had been mistakenly registered here when it was imported at a few months old as the model which had the newer lower emissions N47 engine, thus having the cheaper €280 tax as opposed to the €570 it should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Octavia 1.6 diesel 4*4. Never knew such a thing existed!
    https://johnmulhollandmotors.com/skoda/used-cars/2461/2014-skoda-octavia-16-tdi-cr-se-estate-4x4-

Looked it up and it’s def a 1.6 TDI

4X4 but not a Scout at a guess ( seems to be gone ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The tyres on it...

0lddog wrote: »
    4X4 but not a Scout at a guess ( seems to be gone ) .

1.6 TDI Style estate 4x4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

No I don’t. I’ve physically VRT’d thousands of cars, vans, trucks, busses, ambulances, campers, motorbikes etc. it’s an extremely thorough process. “Mistakes” like putting a 2007 car into Co2 emissions tax band doesn’t happen.

How about putting an 2008 car imported from the UK in 2010 on cc rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

Jeasus, it lost €24,000 in depreciation in one year ... :eek::eek:
    I would hate to be the gob$hite who paid €60,000 for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

skibum wrote: »
    Jeasus, it lost €24,000 in depreciation in one year ... :eek::eek:
    I would hate to be the gob$hite who paid €60,000 for it...

Originally an Opel Ireland car I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Is the Gsi the take over of the OPC?

God they were a bit of a beast and the pull to the left..... Think there was a little too much power to the front wheels if I'm honest.

They had an old model Insignia OPC for some GAA player back a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭pah

You're missing the point. This was put through the vrt process long before applus handled it, so processes may have been different back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

That's a LOT of grey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I love it! Glanza alloys too :pac:

I wish I had a big shed!

I really really like the look of this one, rare enough on this island.

e46 330ci auto.

Long NCT.

Very low miles.

Extremely high spec.

Very original, alloys plus nobody has sprayed the grille black yet :pac:

Would be a perfect cheap summer car.

Priced at 2300... you'd find higher priced 2.0 diesels for that.

491443.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Thay car has been doing the rounds for the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Thay car has been doing the rounds for the last few months.
    Probably no-one willing/able to pay the tax on it

Advertisement