Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nice car and all but is it worth 35k. That's my opinion, obviously it is a rare ish car so there may be a buyer out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Nice car and all but is it worth 35k. That's my opinion, obviously it is a rare ish car so there may be a buyer out there.

In fairness, that's what I thought until I looked on pistonheads and they are going for £35k sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

One for the brave. 1993 Rover 214. Most recent ransfer of ownership end July.
    Asking €1,450, also has a driving, bashed-up donor for €500

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/rover-214/22845414

YjM5NTBhZjdlYmI0YzVhODFjNGQ1ODNkOWM2OWYxYjJwSkJf2RUCA_xYdwyeSsVRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzE1NzAxNjF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Top Dog

farna_boy wrote: »
    For 35k you'd think it'd come with a valid NCT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

farna_boy wrote: »

That's a superb car. Not just for the fanboys, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That's a superb car. Not just for the fanboys, either.

For 35k you could have two second generation type RAs, maybe three. Much nicer car and far more desirable.

35K, holy Jesus like.

For 35k you could have two second generation type RAs, maybe three. Much nicer car and far more desirable.

35K, holy Jesus like.

Why aren't sec gen RA's making more money if they are more desirable?

Why aren't sec gen RA's making more money if they are more desirable?

I owned a 2nd gen RA, I wouldn’t wish the bills on anyone, everybody knows how bad the bottom end suffers. I still think they’re a much cooler car than that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Advertisement

^ reg blocked in one pic, full plate on another pic and English reg on another one...

Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,161 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sure it's only 1.5 litre....

bazz26 wrote: »

1.5 and electric, looks the business but it’s only 220 bhp for something that looks like NASA made it.

I’d still ****ing love one.

That's crazy depreciation, what gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

That's less than normal depreciation I'd have thought. It's about 50% when you include the VRT due & the car is 5 years old in 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Its from a private seller. i cant imagine there are too many people willing to give nearly 50K for a private sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Its from a private seller. i cant imagine there are too many people willing to give nearly 50K for a private sale.

Anyone driven one?

I've sat inside one and I wasn't impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

bazz26 wrote: »

Chape road tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Anyone driven one?

I've sat inside one and I wasn't impressed.

Iv driven one around a track. Actually a very good car to drive. Didnt know what to expect from it before getting in but it surprised me with a good bit of grunt and lots of torque! Found getting in and out ridiculously annoying because of the massive door sills

• Advertisement

Rare enough find here in estate form.

How much are they new, in that spec? 3 years is (ball park) 50% depreciation, so if it's around €50k new then it's probably priced about right.

I don't think they ever sold the estate version in Ireland but the saloon was close to 50k new.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

99% sure I saw that car in Ballymount today. Was the colour that grabbed my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭dodzy

1.5 and electric, looks the business but it’s only 220 bhp for something that looks like NASA made it.

I’d still ****ing love one.

Not at all, it pushes out over 350bhp; it’s a bullet and can hit 60 in sub 4.5secs. A bastard to get out of, unless you’re a gymnast, and you have to basically pour yourself into the thing, but that all matters not once you hit the pedal. Corners like it’s on rails too. Like you, I’d love it.

dodzy wrote: »
    Not at all, it pushes out over 350bhp; it’s a bullet and can hit 60 in sub 4.5secs. A bastard to get out of, unless you’re a gymnast, and you have to basically pour yourself into the thing, but that all matters not once you hit the pedal. Corners like it’s on rails too. Like you, I’d love it.

Ooh that’s a LOT more appealing!! 350 is the sweet spot imo. Does it work like a 330e like I had? Does it always have 350?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭dodzy

Ooh that’s a LOT more appealing!! 350 is the sweet spot imo. Does it work like a 330e like I had? Does it always have 350?
    Electric driven front drive train / fuel driven rear AFAIK. Power always on tap. Not sure of range on elec but it's got to be in the ballpark of the 330e. 40-50 'non-real world' kms or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why, just why would anyone bring one of these in to the country and even worse now think they can sell it. I'd love to know how much the tax is, the US emissions would bring it high...

NzMyZmUyMGVkYWVlOTQ3ZThlYWJhYTExYTMyN2VlYWOZgbvKD1XwkeZqv06JYmucaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzQyOTYyMjN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2016-toyota-corolla-sport/23208442

I'd put money on it being a diplomatic car, brought over by embassy staff or something along those lines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,412 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep, it would be a good car to export to Europe maybe. I doubt it’s on Irish plates.

Advertisement